[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ and /vg/ suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1451339565398.jpg (78 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
1451339565398.jpg
78 KB, 500x703
I've seen a ton of threads here talking about how gamers on this board should leave to /v/ or /vg/ and I thought I'd have a look.

Regretted it hard.
Literally two entire boards of retarded shit posts that fit into three columns:
Column a: fan boying over consoles
Column b: fan boying over graphics cards
Column c: wanting to have sex with video game characters

No actual intelligent or interesting or even mildly funny discussion, just shit.

No wonder we have so many gamers over here.
On this board there are actual adults, who openly give and discuss advice, come up with shit that makes me laugh on a regular basis, and are the least likely to derail their own threads

I love this board.

Mods if you want to get rid of this thread for not being on topic that's fine otherwise lets discuss quadro gpus, are they worth the money or are they bloated and touted to graphic designers.
>>
>>52165618
Unless your doing OpenCL/Cuda Calculations or CAD they are pretty much just Money pits.
>>
usually high traffic boards are like that. /g/ is pretty low traffic in comparison.

/v/ would have to be split up into several board to maintain quality of posts. /vr/ has good posts but they're pretty dead.
>>
It's just amd users doing that >>>/v/ shit
>>
>>52165635
The tiny pc im working on can have a very narrow number of graphics card upgrades because they have to be hakf size both in height and width (not length)
I can either put in a quadro 600 for $50 that will do 2k res, some other quadro for 200 that will fo 4k or some nvidia card for 100 that will play a few games.
Thoughts?
The intention of the rig is for media playback to a big TV, receiving that media from a server
>>
>>52165618
At least you can get some good art in the column c threads.
>>
>>52165712
Go AMD APU/Intel NUC there is no point in using a quadro for 4k ouput.
>>
File: 1451036041262.jpg (555 KB, 737x665) Image search: [Google]
1451036041262.jpg
555 KB, 737x665
>>52165618
I don't really mind gamertards being on /g/ desu

I just mind that they take over the entire board with their gamertard blogs and invite their gamertard friends over from reddit to blog with them

>On this board there are actual adults
maybe in comparison to /v/

oh and

>>>/v/
>>
>>52165659
>/vr/ has good posts but they're pretty dead.
It's not dead, it's just a slower board. Once you adjust to the board speed, it's a pretty fun board.
>>
>>52165665
It has nothing to do with hardware and everything do to with Mac and Linux users.
>>
>>52165618
Seriously, gaming is the lowest of all computer related activities.

It just does nothing of value to the world yet gamers make so much big fuss over it (fanboy debates, "will" to win a game etc).
>>
>>52165856
Competitive gaming is shit. There's art to be found elsewhere in gaming
>>
I don't hate /v/ posting here but there are so many "980ti vs 390x"-tier posts when there are publicly available benchmarks all over the internet. Quick google searches could answer most gaming hardware related questions that cover this board. The other reason I'm averse to gaming posts is because instead discussing new and interesting advancements in technology they usually devolve into consumerist shit-slinging contests.
>>
>>52166001
Buy AMD
>insert cherry picked benchmark
>>
>>52165618
>other boards are shit.
>so i'm going to go to the good board and shitpost about the other boards being shit.
>>
>>52165921
Exactly. They make so much big fuss about it like just like on sports. It produces nothing but overpaid assholes and unnecessary elitism.

What is it to the universe if you are the better sportsman or gamer?
>>
There is nothing wrong with wanting to have sex with video game characters.
>>
>>52165618
>Literally two entire boards of retarded shit posts that fit into three columns

name one board on 4chan that's not full of shit
>>
Slow /vg/ threads are nice. The dwarf fort and shin megami tensei threads come to mind

Fast or mid speed /vg/ threads are shit tho and are just shitposts and waifu bullcrap
>>
>>52168750
/s4s/
>>
File: AllLaughter.webm (819 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AllLaughter.webm
819 KB, 640x480
>>52165618
>On this board there are actual adults, who openly give and discuss advice, come up with shit that makes me laugh on a regular basis, and are the least likely to derail their own threads
>>
>>52165618
>proposing with an overpriced meme GPU

I would have said no and told him to wait for Zen and try again.
>>
>>52165618
/g/ is also full of consumer product fanboys and retarded shit 24/7.
/v/ just happens to be even worse and the average age there is around 13. Also tech illiterate valvedrones choking on Gaben dick and installing DRM and malware like there's no tomorrow.

>>52165921
Competitive gaming is in fact the least shit.

>>52166173
What is it to the universe if you play Super Mario on the couch?
99% of single player games are garbage, the same old useless boring shit, which is only mildly interesting until you've grown up and seen it all.
Competitive games are actually challenging and a showcase of human skill and motivation.
Maybe you just don't get sports/competition.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.