[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/, can I make a web server with my pc? If yes how can I do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 479x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 479x307
My pc has windows 10, intel core i3, 4gb of ram
>>
>>52163380
Google wamp
>>
>>52163380
WAMP.
Good luck.
>>
>>52163380
Install Linux. If you're too retarded to do that, then get Windows Server.

Windows desktop versions are not suitable for it at all as servers.
>>
>>52163425
He's clearly starting. Don't recommend Loonix at this point.
>>
Tell us what you want to do, op. Then we can make a recommendation.
>>
Install your favorite Loonix distribution and learn LAMP
>>
sudo handjob
>>
>>52163380
Google LAMP

you're welcome
>>
>>52163435
Apache was pretty easily to set up desu
>>
Yeah, I would do it if it's just laying around. I did with a computer with similar specs (A little better, but eh).

I was able to install CentOS 7 pretty easily with Apache, PHP, MariaDB/SQL, SSH, VSFTPD, etc. I even set up x2Go on it so I can access it from my main tower.

Check out: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/initial-server-setup-with-centos-7

When you're looking into other tutorials just keep in mind that CentOS 7 uses SystemD (look it up to see what I mean).

Yeah, just download CentOS and use Rufus to put it on a USB stick, configure the server, open up the ports on your router, and you're good to go
>>
>>52163380
>Start
>Search
>Turn Windows featers on or off
>Checkmark all or basic components of IIS
>done
And just go to iis.net to get the php install if you want to use php instead of .asp or .aspx, either way you can have both. IIS to me is the best.
>>
>>52163787
if OP is too stupid to figure out how to enable IIS in windows 10, and even too stupid to figure out how to google it and get instructions, what makes you think he's going to be able to figure out LAMP?
>>
>>52163726
but using linux is clearly not so easy for a person who doesn't understand the basis of networking.
>>
>>52163841
Lmao
>>
>>52163380
>install gentoo
>google gentoo lamp setup/install
DONT run servers on wundows!!1
>>
Pretty sure OP is trolling in this thread
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.