[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do iPhone/iPad users keep taking shit from Apple? >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: apple lol.png (39 KB, 714x297) Image search: [Google]
apple lol.png
39 KB, 714x297
Why do iPhone/iPad users keep taking shit from Apple?

>I think it’s different. Part of the reason Microsoft ran into an issue was that they didn’t want to walk away from legacy stuff.

>Apple has always had the discipline to make the bold decision to walk away. We walked away from the floppy disk when that was popular with many users. Instead of doing things in the more traditional way of diversifying and minimizing risk, we took out the optical drive, which some people loved. We changed our connector, even though many people loved the 30-pin connector. Some of these things were not popular for quite a while. But you have to be willing to lose sight of the shore and go. We still do that.

--Tim Cook
>>
File: ayy.png (438 KB, 1000x615) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
438 KB, 1000x615
>>52161909
>But you have to be willing to lose sight of the shore and go. We still do that.
ayy
>>
>>52162012
Has working at Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, became a meme? I remember when everyone dreamed to work at one of these companies, yet nowadays I rarely meet anyone who is actually interested in them.
>>
File: 1451089418007.gif (1 MB, 770x540) Image search: [Google]
1451089418007.gif
1 MB, 770x540
>>52162012
>working at Apple
>>
>>52162089
The idea of working at a giant company seems really shitty to me. Why would you want to be one of 10's of thousands of mostly insignificant employees?

I'd prefer to be a bigger portion of the company.
>>
>>52161909
Aside from the neckbeards on here, optical drives are a necessity for people who do more than surf facebook.
>>
>>52163483
Sure you fat fucking loser, you will always be a large part, the large part that is a fucking fat loser.
>>
>>52163524
>optical drives are a necessity

USB/LAN boot has been possible for over a decade neckbeard.
>>
>>52163539
Are you having a bad day?
>>
i just want them to stop evading taxes like assholes
>>
>>52163524
Maybe you should spend the $20 you waste on a DVD burner on your gaymen tower on a USB 3.0 flash drive and you wouldn't need to waste time writing 16MB/ps permanent coasters
>>
>>52163483
Larger companies can afford to train employees, drastically reducing the learning curve of a new job and helping you realize your potential.

I don't work in IT so it might not be as drastic, but I felt like an insignificant employee at a larger company and went to work for a small business. Bad idea, they basically expect/need you to already have everything figured out, and throw you into the pool and you can either swim or else you just sink.
>>
>>52161909
Not the first time they troll their own users. Such a thing is like a backstab to the clueless apple fags believing in the "WeCareAboutYou!" bullshit.
But sincerely, who really cares? The idiots may have their asses raped inside out and they would still support them. Apple knows this. That's why they'll keep doing these things. It just works™.
>>
>>52163642
I get that a larger company is probably better financially, but I'd still rather be apart of a small company assuming I was capable of the job.
>>
Apple users always be hard mongols and faggots,
Protip: When yopu spot one, immediately consider their IQ being less than 105.
We're 115 here.
Manipulate macfags how you want.
>>
>>52163553
New MBA doesnt even have USB
No Modern retina doesnt come with true color panels.
Macs are for fags.
>>
>>52161909
iOS9 runs better than iOS8 on my 1st gen iPad Mini. Considering this was literally one of their goals with the update I really doubt these people know any better.
>>
>>52164611
iOS9 runs like shit on my ipad 3rd gen, wish i didn't "upgrade".
>>
>>52164653
Without a comparison to iOS8 this is invalid. There's no reason that iOS9 would run worse than 8.
>>
>>52164672
>>52161909
>>
>>52162012
That barrel distortion on the picture of the iPad is atrocious.
>>
>older iPhones
lol? it's one thing to be too poor for an iPhone and settle for an android, but there is nothing more pathetic than buying an iPhone to not look poor and then keeping it for more than one gen
>>
File: 1451447120745.jpg (6 KB, 282x109) Image search: [Google]
1451447120745.jpg
6 KB, 282x109
>>52165354
>iPhones
>>
File: 1451100852970.png (442 KB, 890x517) Image search: [Google]
1451100852970.png
442 KB, 890x517
>>52165354
>there is nothing more pathetic than buying an iPhone to not look poor and then keeping it for more than one gen
this desu senpai
>>
>iPhone 4 running ios 6
>Don't want to upgrade to ios 7 because lol bricked
>Most recent apps require a minimum of 7
Being poor is suffering
>>
>>52165697
>iPhone 4
I'm sure some iDiot will give you $300 for it so you can buy a top of the line phone from last year that still runs faster than the 6S after one iOS update.
>>
File: 1259009608482.jpg (54 KB, 415x266) Image search: [Google]
1259009608482.jpg
54 KB, 415x266
> Expecting a phone released 4 years ago to work
Considering how underpowered and different the market was back then, it's totally understandable. Even the internet was different.
The devices I expect to last longer are the modern devices like the iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro. Those actually have more modern specs and should be usable for longer.
>>
>>52165734
The Apple A5 isn't slow by any means.
Apple just sucks at OS optimization. The reason why Retina Macs lag so much on Yosemite+ is because they're basically using the same UI renderer since OSX 10.0 which means every UI element is literally a PDF (as in Adobe PDF), so all these transparency effects are giving the GPU and CPU a skull fucking.
>>
>>52165787
>The reason why Retina Macs lag so much on Yosemite+ is because
You trolls are very persistant.
One day some noob will ask for some sort of evidence that this crap you spew has any relationship with reality.
>>
File: iphone procs.png (74 KB, 756x2051) Image search: [Google]
iphone procs.png
74 KB, 756x2051
>>52165787
>A5 isn't slow by any means
>>
>>52165959
>posts hardware assisted encryption benchmarks, which has 0 indication in CPU performance.
Retard detected.
Also something that can decode and edit 2 streams of 1080p video isn't slow. Apple is just so fucking lazy they don't bother optimizing at all, or they're forcing obsolescence on these older devices.
>>
>>52166018
Look at twofish you cunt.
>>
>>52166018
Also, you bitch about hardware assisted benchmarks and then you bring up video decoding which is also hardware assisted.

The A5 is fucking slow. It is at least 4 times slower than the A7, and the A8 and A9 are faster still.
>>
File: appel.jpg (28 KB, 189x223) Image search: [Google]
appel.jpg
28 KB, 189x223
>>52161909
See, that's the problem.
On Android when your hardware gets old and outdated they stop updating.
On ios they keep pushing updates no matter how much it cripples your device.
I can not see the latest ios running smoothly or having a positive effect on the battery life of anything before the iPhone 5s.

Personally I prefer the Android approach.
No updates = no unnecessary slow downs and if I need the update I'll just buy a new phone that'll give me 3 more years of updates because I'm not a poorfag.
>>
>>52166093
>video editing 2 1080p streams is hardware accelerated
Right...

Also just because there's faster CPUs doesn't mean the A5 should be too slow to run a Mobile OS.
>>
>>52166117
To add to that, buying the new phone doesn't just guarantee new updates, it also guarantees better hardware and battery life, which result in a much better user experience.
>>
>>52166128
For the decoding portions of the editing, yes.

For a Mobile OS that is gaining features and complexity, yes.

Should we complain that Windows doesn't run on a 486 anymore? Why does it need a minimum of a 1GHz processor to run the OS anyway?
>>
>>52166252
Well, Windows 10 is lighter on system resources than 8 and 7.
Why should Apple get a free pass to bloat the shit out of their OS and make it run like shit on the iPhone 5 and earlier?
>>
>>52166335
I'm not for giving them a free pass. They should be doing a better job of actually removing the bloated shit that won't work on the slower devices if they're going to push it out on them but you have to understand that the 4S is a shitty device now. It had its day. You can't expect it to keep up with OS enhancements forever.

Planned obsolescence is wrong in this case though. If you want to attack anything over that it would be the iPod Touch 4gen which stopped getting updates about two years after it was released.
>>
>>52166455
I was kinda pissed when my iPod touch 4g didn't get ios7, but then I discovered viper4android, and then walkman.
If apple had just updated it and my apps hadn't lost compatibility I would probably have still been an apple user today, but now that I've discovered the freedom I get on Android I don't think I can go back.
Custom kernels, custom roms, debloating, actually being able to delete or disable apps I don't use.
A fucking file system. Otg.

Going from ios to Android was a pretty big wakeup for me.
>>
>>52165734
>own a Blackberry
>still works
>run the last version of BOS10
>smooth as fuck
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.