[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people right now not using windows 10 what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>there are people right now not using windows 10

what's your excuse not to?

>muh privacy
if your in college and taking pretty much any stem related field, even if you're at a local college, you most likely have access to a elms account. i got my copy of 10 education for free from my elms account i got from my cs department. enterprise / education allow all the botnet shit to be disabled.
>>
Because 8.1 does everything better
>>
Lel nsa10
>>
>>52161009
I am, because I'm not a paranoid piece of shit.
>faster boot time
>whole experience seems quicker
>new apps are cool
>>
>>52161009
>what's your excuse not to?
I just built a new low-end computer and its like $300 which is almost as much as the computer costs in the first place.

I'd use Windows 10 if it was free, but paying $300 for a fucking ugly ass buggy broken spyware riddled OS that anyone only cares about because of DX12?

k
e
k
>>
>>52161009
Because windows ten is shit m9. Seven is so much better
>>
Because it's a botnet and doesn't allow me to deny updates to my own computer. It also offers no noteworthy benefits over Windows 7 or Windows 8.

So what's your excuse for using Windows 10? You gave up your freedoms, and for what?
>>
>>52161009
I graduated 2 years ago....
>>
File: 1451027193513.jpg (2 MB, 2720x2863) Image search: [Google]
1451027193513.jpg
2 MB, 2720x2863
7 and 8.1 won't destroy my shit overnight without me knowing.

Now fuck off, shill
>>
>>52161009
but i dualboot kekintosh osx and w10: dont tread on me edition
>>
>>52161009
>if you're in college
The vast majority of people aren't, so...
>>
>>52161289
> it's a botnet and doesn't allow me to deny updates to my own computer

lol use enterprise / education m8. it allows you to do just that, disable and deny.

zero valid excuses so far given not to use windows 10. its all paranoia stuff.
>>
>>52161249
>faster boot time
word famiglia
>whole experience seems quicker
woooord famiglia
>new apps are cool
LMAO
>>
>>52161009
Because there is no advantage to using it over 8.1.
Also nice shill thread Pajeet.
>>
>>52161385
>there is no advantage to using it over 8.1.
dx12 would like a moment of your time
>>
>>52161418
Yeah all those great games using it such as:
>>
>>52161424
>Deus Ex Mankind Divided
>Mirror's Edge (2016 version)
>Hitman (2016 version)
>Fable
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>Ashes of the Singularity
>Ark: Survival Evolve
>Battlefield 5
>Forza Motorsport 6

>>52161289
you know all basic does is report the same shit thats always been reported right? crash dumps, viruses caught by defender, program crash logs, windows updates, and such? its nothing new, just now laid out in your face with one option instead of being buried in 20 different things.
>>
>>52161009
The only reasons to upgrade are if you want:

>botnet 2.0
>dx12
>flat icons meme + inconsistent as fuck UI
>homosexual white on everything

I don't want any of those so w7 it is.
>>
>>52161614
you can change the homosexual white with a simple command line copypasta
>>
>>52161614
>botnet 2.0
people keep saying this fallacy.

see > >>52161570
>you know all basic does is report the same shit thats always been reported right? crash dumps, viruses caught by defender, program crash logs, windows updates, and such? its nothing new, just now laid out in your face with one option instead of being buried in 20 different things.

>flat icons meme + inconsistent as fuck UI
>homosexual white on everything
its called modern design and i personally like it.
>>
>>52161680
If you're referring to AppsUseLightTheme it only works for the new windows meme apps so you get an even more inconsistent UI overall.

>>52161724
>its called modern design and i personally like it.
Its called cancer and i personally dislike it.

Tastes are subjective anyway.
>>
>>52161756
fair enough but it's already the most inconsistent GUI in the history of operating systems, so might as well embrace it.

aren't there themes all over deviantart or something by now anyway?
>>
It was writing all the time to my hdd and my laptop is old and don't want it to die. That's why I am not using it anymore.
>>
8.1 already handles all of my needs and I don't care about anything "new" in 10.
>>
>>52161362
>he has to illegally download enterprise/education to try to prevent his own computer from working against him
>despite his best efforts his computer still constantly pings home to microsoft's servers and sends them all kinds of encrypted data
>he tries to stop it with the hosts file but telemetry bypasses it anyways
>he turns his OS into a frankenstein-esque abomination just to try to get it to work like his old OS
>he then thinks it's safe to update his computer
>all of his changes are undone
>hours of work have gone to waste
>all so he could say he was using the most up-to-date version of windows
only retards and ludittes fall for the windows 10 meme

there is literally no advantage to using windows 10 over 7 or 8, only disadvantages
>>
>>52161009
it's fucking shit mate. also, poo in the loo
>>
>>52161887
>poo in the loo
/thread
>>
10 rupees added into your microsoft partner reward account, pajeet
>>
Because I like gnu/linux
>>
>>52161009
>what's your excuse not to?
All the privacy shit aside, there are 3 things that bother me on my install:
>start menu is somehow bugged, it sometimes freezes/stops responding after searching for a program, thus I cannot actually launch it
>start menu search is retarded, sometimes it can't find .exe's stored on the desktop
>DPI scaling is full fucking retard, setting the same (different than 100%) scaling level produces blurry results on secondary monitors (W8.1 is sharp)

The first issue is probably something wrong with my system.
The 2nd I could probably work around.
But the 3rd is a total deal breaker for me since I have a 4K monitor and 2 "normal" DPI screens along with it. How the fuck they managed to fuck it up in such a bad fashion when W8.1 is completely fine is beyond me. It's completely retarded, W10 must be doing some retarded image processing even though no resizing between the different monitors is required.
>>
File: Windows 10 - targeting.jpg (130 KB, 921x843) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10 - targeting.jpg
130 KB, 921x843
>>52161009

Fucking shill.
>>
I tried it the initial week and went back to 8.1
I went back, to 8.1. I remember talking to my uncle who uses Win7, he'd always ask me "is Windows 8 really that bad?" Of course I'd tell him yes and that I'm just stuck with it. Then I'd add, but Windows 10 will be here soon, I don't care what it's like it can't be any worse than 8....It can't be worse than 8.
>>
>>52162066
I don't even understand what's so bad about 8.1. You don't ever see the Metro shit unless you actually want to.
>>
>>52161009
I like new and exciting. Still think apps on a desktop OS are retard. The managed to butcher calc and photo viewer. As for privacy concerns anything connected to the internet is a botnet and I trust MS over google. I still use my fedora install more desu
>>
Because 8.1 already fills my needs. Also the whole forced update thing turns me off.
>>
>>52162026
/thread
>>
>>52161009
oh my fucking god...

i've been dealing with this piece of shit OS for two days now.

i had an Arch install in my laptop for a couple of years but started to run hot after my last reinstall. i fucking thought if i returned to windows the shit would be run colder and i could finally sell this piece of shit.

god.fucking.dammit.

shit even shuts itself off because of thermal protection just installing drivers. oh god, the drivers.

fucking shit tries to update everything at once hoging my connection (that is shit at 2Mbps) and can't do shit. it overheats and shuts off losing all the shit it downloaded repeating the cycle

fuck this shit
>>
File: 1337997633908.jpg (106 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
1337997633908.jpg
106 KB, 698x658
Virtualbox doesn't work
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.