[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /gentooman, I actually have a Breddy Gud AMD FX 6300 @
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 7a5.gif (29 KB, 482x800) Image search: [Google]
7a5.gif
29 KB, 482x800
Hello /gentooman, I actually have a Breddy Gud AMD FX 6300 @ 5.1 GHz (inb4 muh giguhurtz and muh core) 1.48V. I want a little boost in everything i do, so i am thinking about switching to memelake.
Asrock Z170 + i5 6400 and then basically OC the shit out of it.
Should i go for it or it doesen't makes sense? in your opinion i'll feel a boost or i'll have little to no boost?
>>
>Le bump
>>
>>52154465
No help?
>>
File: FX-9590-55.jpg (78 KB, 537x568) Image search: [Google]
FX-9590-55.jpg
78 KB, 537x568
Depends how little of a boost you want because nabbing an 8 core fx chip can (and does) provide some tasty gains in nearly everything.
>>
>>52154611
i need basically only IPC. the multicore is nearly irrilevant.
the fact is 9590 is just an oc'ed 8320. if i OC the 6400 the performance will raise. and the delta would be shorter
>>
>>52154656

>i need basically only IPC. the multicore is nearly irrilevant.

Then why not get the anniversary pentium and clock it into orbit?
>>
>>52154677
because some game uses more than 2 cores, and they costs nearly the same
>>
>>52154845

First you claim multi-core is nearly irrelevant, then you dismiss a chip that is designed to overclock and more than likely provide more performance than your original idea because its not multi-threaded enough?

Also: don't forget Intel can push microcode through windows updates, so you can be sure as fuck they will cripple the ability to blck overclock non K chips.
>>
>>52154972
I have never upgraded windows. I disabled the auto update.
I said it's nearly irrilevant because i don't have to encode all day or compile all day. Those are things that i do occasionally. Anyway it should at least make me play muh gaymes.
You think the blck OC isn't something intel wants?
Kek
>>
>>52155090

>You think the blck OC isn't something intel wants?

They make a decent amount of money charging people extra to merely allow overclocking - you think a company like intel would stop this practice just because their latest chips happen to have decoupled a load of gubbins internally that means blck doesn't fuck with other components? There is an explicit reason why they don't offer overclockable i3's (hint: makes it harder to sell i5's).

Have you any idea the sort of shit Intel has pulled over the years to fuck their customers?
>>
>>52155216
So you think i should get the pentium or just stay with the FX and try to go some mhz up? I think my FX pretty much is at the limit
>>
File: 1446930114072.jpg (92 KB, 523x440) Image search: [Google]
1446930114072.jpg
92 KB, 523x440
>>52155694

My personal choice would be an 8320e and clock it as high as you can. If you have a 6300 at 5ghz then you already have a cooler and motherboard capable of handling the 8xxx and I can only think of a handful of common pieces of software that won't see the benefit from the extra threads (at the very last your OS will have more threads to offload taks to if the first two or four threads get slammed).
>>
>>52155943
Yes, i have a 990FX from gigabyte and a AIO 240mm with 4 industrial push--pull.
I think i'll do this. Thank you very much anon
>>
>>52154465
Z E N
E
N
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.