[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would there be any reason to get a devil 13 dual gpu 390x2 over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Would there be any reason to get a devil 13 dual gpu 390x2 over a 980TI?

Buddy says its future proofing since dx12 might be able to utilize all the vram (though 8gb seems a lot and 16 seems overkill), but the card seems to big, and all that powerdrawv and ridiculous heat

Anyone heard good stuff about these or is it just a look what I have sort of thing
>>
>he wants a Devil13
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
File: images (2).png (13 KB, 502x293) Image search: [Google]
images (2).png
13 KB, 502x293
Single most powerful card on the market right now and better at dx12 than anything from Nvidia.
>>
>>52151347

I dunno if you're having a laugh or not, I know someone with a 290x and he had to mod a case because of the fucking heat dump
>>
>>52151364

What would happen if we ran two in crossfire?
>>
A 295X2 is a neater package, but if he really wants to run this triple-slot beast then by all means, go ahead.
It'll be loud, and it'll be hot, but the e-peen would be ridiculous.
>>
>>52151385
It would perform amazingly but also inefficient as fuck because of the scaling across 4 GPUs.
>>
>>52151398

You mean the water cooled 295 or the devil 13 290x2
>>
>>52151420
The water cooled 295X2 reference model. It's way better at dissipating the heat given off by 2 overclocked, full-fat Hawaii cores.
>>
that card looks edgy, i bet the music at the reveal was let the bodies hit the floor
>>
In all seriousness I'm looking at getting one of these, but what kind of case could properly disperse all that heat without it getting to the cpu or hdds?
>>
File: ghettostationspecs.png (29 KB, 636x458) Image search: [Google]
ghettostationspecs.png
29 KB, 636x458
>>52151398
>>52151420
>>52151447
295x2 owner here. I have not messed with overclocking it since I got it as there is no need. Temps are great, noise is low, and I have yet to run into a game that doesn't run great on it at max settings. I'm looking at getting a couple of 1440 monitors to upgrade my setup right now so I have only been running it at 1080p so far. I got the card on sale in April for about $600 usd.
>>
>>52151537

Lame
>>
>>52151762
lost all my hard drives to a bad power supply when I put this thing together. I scrounged what I have from my ps3 and a few externals that I had laying around. Overall happy with the performance though.
>>
>>52151537

Id just go with one 1440p for gaming. I have two 290X 1150/1450 and in some games theyre still not enough. I use 144hz though too so if im not getting high enough frames I get annoyed. when its not super smooth
>>
>>52151328
Your buddy is correct, its a much better card than the 980ti, and yes it is more future proof, DX12, VRAM, VR, Vulkan and the list goes on....
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.