[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Youtube have the worst fucking UI on the internet? You'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1408503938185.jpg (215 KB, 800x824) Image search: [Google]
1408503938185.jpg
215 KB, 800x824
Why does Youtube have the worst fucking UI on the internet? You'd think fucking Google with their gazillion dollars would be able to make the site navigable?

Does anyone know how to view videos older than 2 years but newer than "channel age-2 years?" Basically the "load more" button stops after two years, so if it's beyond two years in both directions you're fucked. This is true for playlists as well, they just stop loading. Why did they think this was a good idea?
>>
Hey
>>
>>52141270
sort videos oldest-to-newest instead of top viewed or newest to oldest or whatever
>>
>>52141270
>Implying the people working on Jewtube cares about something other than that sweet money.
>>
>>52143404
I mentioned this in my OP, you still can't see some videos if the channel is older than 4 years. It only goes 2 years in both directions, so if the channel is 5 years old, the middle year isn't viewable. Youtube is literally punishing people who upload lots of videos and have been active for 5 years.
>>
File: g_humor_1.jpg (107 KB, 624x1760) Image search: [Google]
g_humor_1.jpg
107 KB, 624x1760
>>52141270
What is your problem Anon, I cannot even begun to understand what you are saying.

Semi-related though I'm working on a Youtube competitor in my spare time. Right now we have a rough working frontend and planning MongoDB for backend. If you have cool ideas for video websites or questions about the project let me know.
>>
>>52143564
>competing with YouTube
TepKok
>>
>>52143564
He's saying you can only search a channel so far from either direction. (oldest--> newest and newest --> oldest) The videos in the middle are unreachable.
>>
>>52141270
Whoa, I never noticed the hand.
>>
>>52143564
>I'm working on a Youtube competitor in my spare time

dude do you have ANY idea how hard I lold....................
>>
File: my_face_when.png (44 KB, 225x171) Image search: [Google]
my_face_when.png
44 KB, 225x171
>>52143718
Yeah I guess you're right that is kinda stupid. Right now my front end can search on the side without reloading the page or interrupting your currently playing video it also makes a storyboard of the video as a preview instead of just a thumbnail.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.