[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: uTorrent Pro 3.4.6.png (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
uTorrent Pro 3.4.6.png
46 KB, 300x300
Is μTorrent really that bad? Why? What would be some good alternatives?
>>
yes, it's that bad.

rtorrent, qbittorrent, deluge, transmission and tixati are better alternatives.
>>
>>52141294
Which of those do you use and why?
>>
>is shit bad to eat?
Yes
>why?
Because it's shit
>what would be some good alternatives?
Anything other than shit.
Deluge, tixati,
>>
>>52141325
i use rtorrent on my seedbox, because it's the best client. qbittorrent on windows, because it's the best windows client in my opinion and transmission on linux because i really like the ui.
>>
utorrent 2.2.1 is the best torrent client
>>
>>52141263
new versions are full of ads, bitcoin miners and other shit
old versions are, well, old. outdated, insecure.
and it's proprietary software.

use qbittorrent.
>>
>>52141263
It is the literal definition of botnet
>>
Use rtorrent with Cygwin
>>
>>52141348
>outdated closed source software
>best
>>
>>52141395
>great outdated software
>great closed source software
best
>>
>>52141409
>great closed source software
>great
>closed source

RIP /g/
>>
>>52141485
so what if ts closed source
>>
>>52141263
uTorrent 2.2.1
uTorrent 2.0.4
uTorrent 1.8.5
uTorrent 1.6.1 was also good, but I don't recommend going back that far. You're missing some features

That about sums up the list of torrent clients that are good.
>>
I use uTorrent 2.2.1 and it's perfect.

All the other clients that have been suggested here are shit and autistic.

There is no need to use anything other than 2.2.1
>>
>>52141263
µtorrent is like the next kazaa tb.h, full of ads per default. when I had no torrents no DHT no traffic in weeks, changed the settings there is some traffic being sent/received and only then.

still when you torrent everything is in the open, you will connect to hundreds of computers, whatever responds to your requests. torrenting is not safe and whether you use utorrent or something else makes little actual difference. µtorrent is still light on resources, a remainder from the past.
>>
>>52141361
this, use qbittorrent
>>
>>52141876
+1
>>
>>52141263
2.2.1 is not bad, but just get qBittorrent and go on with your life.
>>
File: AeroShot.png (153 KB, 1121x365) Image search: [Google]
AeroShot.png
153 KB, 1121x365
>>52141263
use the portable version from portableapps
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.