[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This may be a stupid question but it got me thinking, if a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
This may be a stupid question but it got me thinking, if a game had different levels of difficulty, and that difficulty affected the so of opponents, would that make the harder difficulties more performance hungry or show minimal performance loss?

Tl; Dr: Can I get a higher frame rate with a lower difficulty
>>
Fuck me, not so, AI
>>
>>52139251
You literally change a few bytes of info to get more difficulty (ie, set damage multiplier to 2x, enemy health to 2x) so there's no performance diff.
>>
>>52139273
But what about when the AI flanks you and do extreme tactics not found on normal
>>
You probably will get higher frame rate, it would be negligible though.
>>
Given most games will be GPU-bound assuming you have a balanced rig, you shouldn't notice a change in performance (since that's typically CPU-bound).
>>
>>52139321
Okay, set the patrol time to 0.5x or something. I guess a roundabout way it would give you lower frames because you have more action going on the screen (more enemy spawns maybe, etc).
>>
>>52139369
I recall Halo 1 having pretty bad ass AI, was it really that simple?
>>
Possible if the AI programmers were so fucking retarded they decided to bloat code and CPU usage in that code because they didn't know how to logically do it an easier way.
>>
Lock-step strategy games can get poor performance with hard AIs that micromanage every unit.
>>
>>52139251
>>>/v/
Remember when they where 10p each?
>>
>>52139273
What about the increase of enemies themselves
>>
>>52139386
Halo 1 AI was pretty basic. 90% of difficulty in legendary was every covenant with a plasma pistol firing it like an aimbotted machine gun.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.