[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spying smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: running-out-of-phone-numbers.jpg (233 KB, 1181x1180) Image search: [Google]
running-out-of-phone-numbers.jpg
233 KB, 1181x1180
I'm in a need of a new mobile, with what I can safely browse internet, check my mail, text and call.

Windows phones are watching you sleep, Androids are full of viruses and backdoors, what decent and safe there is even left anymore?
>>
Fuck off applel shill
>>
Fuck off applel shill
>>
>>52136483
>>52136492
good one anon but I've never even owned a single Apple product nor even considered
>>
Blackberry OS?
>>
>>52138053
Not OP but does BB actually need any kind of firewall etc for safe internet browsing?
>>
The best you can do is to probably buy an android phone, wipe it and install a custom ROM without gapps.

Of course even then the carrier will track your location by keeping logs of what towers hear/talk to your phone. If that's in your threat model you have to get some kind of prepaid SIM without giving any identification to get it. This may or may not be easy in your country. Also keep the thing powered off when you don't need to be reachable.
>>
You can't. If you turn off the spying on smartphones, they stop functioning because the spying IS the main functionality.
>>
>>52138053
how is it compared to android and windows?
>>
Why isn't iOS an option?
>>
Android. And set your own iptables
Also you can install a modded rom
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.