[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone Feds here willing to share procedures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cybereffbeeeyez.jpg (33 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
cybereffbeeeyez.jpg
33 KB, 600x403
Infosec student here really interested in digital forensics. Are there any federal government digital forensic workers that visit this thread by any chance? I'd love to know the procedures that you follow when seizing evidence (hard drive/anything digital). I was reading a news article about the recent terror attack in California and how the FBI seized the targets computer for analysis. What type of analysis is done? memory forensics? ddfldd harddrive clones? any in-depth information/links /b/ros? Thanks so much in advance!
>>
File: 1345180106523.jpg (23 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
1345180106523.jpg
23 KB, 248x250
>>
>>52133624
Is the wanting of information/knowledge truly looked down upon these days? :(
>>
>>52133644

how do we know you're not the man, man
>>
>>52133664
You don't that's the point
>>
psa : "the man" watches all of 4chan - and nothing about my thread is illegal or even questionably illegal.
>>
>>52133701
ever since that random whistleblower posted info here on 4chan (that no one believed, LOL) this sites been crawled daily (imho???)
>>
File: netconlol.jpg (52 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
netconlol.jpg
52 KB, 500x304
shameless bump :/
>>
>>52133788
How to manage offshore offlocation nas and hotspot wifi
I was thing of simple cheapest x64 mobo or cheapest pc i can't find c2d and 12v powersupply on top of some big building. The bigest problem i have is wifi, i don't know, i can use ofc 2.4ghz, but speed ad 0,5 will be reduced, 900mhz like in memebox would be nice but it cost too much, then i am not sure about 5 ghz wifi.
Has anonyone made that project?
>>
>>52133615
Dc3dd or you're a fag. Also, you will need a portable refrigerator for the RAM and a lot of hdds to contain the forensic evidence.
>>
>>52133615

You aren't going to get an answer like this anywhere else and you're lucky that I know about this but am not under any NDA since I'm not a government worker as of yet.

http://accessdata.com/solutions/digital-forensics/ad-lab

This is what they use in all investigations. Google it up for more information and read the website. Memory forensics as you asked, is indeed done through hardware and virtual memory means.
>>
Seize hdd.

Attach to computer designated specifically for purpose of sifting through hdd.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.