[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Processor thread. My motherboard has some issues so I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Processor thread.
My motherboard has some issues so I'm looking to upgrade. I've decided I've had it with getting outdated motherboards to support my i7-2600k and want to upgrade the processor while I'm at it.
The 3 I'm considering are the i7-4790k, i5-6600(k?), and i7-6700k.
I would go with the i5 but I don't want it to feel like a downgrade since my 2600k kicks ass most of the time. Is the i5 still good enough? Is the 6700k worth it? Or is it not worth it to jump to skylake at all and just go with the 4790k?
Discuss processors
>>
>>52132484
If you have the money for a new mb, cpu and ddr4 ram go for the i7 6700k. If you dont have enough money get the i7 4790k. Faggot
>>
I7 4790k, dont fall for the skylake meme
>>
>>52132653
How is it a meme
>>
>>52132706
low performance gains
the i7 6700k is retarded expensive
intel removed xeon compatibility with consumer boards just to sell more i7s
>>
>>52132723
Well shit I just bought a 6500,
upgrading from an athlon x4 750k. Goddamn piece of shit I'll tell you what
>>
>>52132732
what did that have to do with my post?

also 6500 was better than sb i3s, on par with ib i3s, but worse than haswell/skylake i3s
>>
>>52132706

bendlake, only 5% real world gain if that in real speed.

can anybody confirm/deny that the 4790k throttles down constantly even with good cooling due to the shitty head spreader design or whatever between the actual chip surface and the head spreader surface?

i already have a 4440 and as much as i want the inflated ghz numbers of a 4790k, i don't want to waste my money if it's not that much better in real world use.

if anything pisses me off it's that these cpu's are from 2013 and it's almost 2016.
>>
>>52132761
>what did that have to do with my post?

there are people who actually take the time to ask stupid questions.
>>
>>52132802
nice blog post mate

blog more about your purchasing decisions from amd
>>
>>52132706
Man, have you seen the size of the GPU on skylake? It takes up a 1/3 of the die itself. I'd rather buy a dedicated video card to do the work instead, as well as 6 more cores.

I own the 2600k as well, and Skyline is what I'm waiting for.
>>
>>52132856
Sorry, I meant to say I'm waiting for Skylake-E.
>>
>>52132771
I haven't notice that at all and I don't even have "real" (for the purists) liquid cooling, just h100i.
>>
>>52132732
Dangit Bobby! Dang it to hell!
>>
>buy 4690
>saved $25 from K model

no ragrets

>or overclockng ;_;
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.