[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you bother with any other browser /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 32493258.jpg (40 KB, 608x615) Image search: [Google]
32493258.jpg
40 KB, 608x615
Why do you bother with any other browser /g/?
>>
Well, Edge not being recognized as Internet Explorer by every website really made it difficult to give it a chance. So I went back to Chrome.
>>
Because I use internet explorer, no edge on windows 7.
>>
I won't as soon as it get extensions.

So get along with it rahjeev.
>>
>>52130777
No Whatsappweb for it
>>
Because I'm not 14 and I love my parents.
>>
no adblocker

/thread
>>
IE11 is superior
>>
I used it for a shorty streaming site because it didn't play nice with uNlock Origin. The stream crashed and Edge started using up gigs and gigs of memory.

Maybe I'll try it when it becomes more stable and has extensions.
>>
>>52131508
>ie11 is superior
In what way?
>>
They fucked up Firefox in 43. I don't know what they were thinking, removing the browser.search.showOneOffButtons setting and forcing a "Search in" as the first fucking result/shit in the url bar.

These fucking cunts are doing things that don't improve the browser or productivity. Maybe I'll switch to fucking Edge when I upgrade to Win10.
>>
>>52131579
>not using based v28
>>
>>52131201
>Well, Edge not being recognized as Internet Explorer by every website really made it difficult to give it a chance.

Why would that even be necessary?
One of the changes I liked the most was that they used a new user agent, so sites stop loading 15 year old IE hacks for it.

>>52131567
Has addons, ui is less shitty, and it is way more configurable.

unfortunately, ie11 in win10 had the internals fucked around enough that some plugins don't work, and plugin authors (like, all two of them) don't want to bother fixing it since Edge is supposed to get addons too.
>>
File: tumblr_n7nknpoCea1sk5exmo1_1280.jpg (543 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7nknpoCea1sk5exmo1_1280.jpg
543 KB, 1280x720
>>52131567
Built in adblock
More features including security (Protected Mode sandboxing)
Much more mature and relatively bug-free
Better integration with the Windows OS whereas Edge is built on top of the Universal App runtime which gives it non-native performance

And in my opinion a much cleaner interface (IE crams everything like URL, tabs and options into one bar whereas Edge seperates them into several bars, meaning less viewable webpage space)

Remember it's not Chrome or Firefox coming out on top of browser benchmarks or security testing, it's IE.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.