[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Software That's Actually Good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Apple as a company isn't really known for the best software, but IMO they have a few apps that aren't bad for the money. In no particular order:

> Safari.

Though I still use Chrome as my main browser, that's pretty much only because it has more features and extensions. Safari (IMO) is the best browser in terms of displaying web content the way the designer intended it to be displayed. I still find that Chrome often fails to show page elements that I see in Safari. One example is this site:

https://www.20dollarbanners.com/portfolio

Often when I click on one of the 'see more' buttons on this site, Chrome will fail to load the images. This never happens in Safari.

> Keynote.

It has better transition effects than PowerPoint.

> GarageBand and iMovie.

These are far from world class tools in their product categories, but they're pretty impressive and "almost-pro" feeling for stuff that comes bundled with a computer for free.
>>
Is there any point to this thread?
Why are you trying to sell us sprinkle colored shit? Do you think anyone would actually listen to much less fall for it? Are you positively retarded? Mentally handicapped? Get out, get out and go hire someone to end your life for the betterment of all of us.
>>
I forget what it is called, but my friend told me about an app that they have that allows people to connect their Iphones between toilet stalls in public restrooms and make new friends without having to rub feet or other signals. I think this is a good thing for the apple crowd. It makes it easier for the rest of us to use the facilities as well.
>>
safari is garbage

>>52129008
>using public toilets
fucking animal
>>
coreaudiotoolbox
>>
>>52128805
>chrome user
>likes safari
why am i not surprised?
>>
GarageBand, iMovie, and Logic Pro are all pretty nice. Apple isn't really a software company - that alone covers like 90% of the shit they make.

Safari is the IE of OS X. Never used Final Cut but I know some filmmakers who do. Anyways, you're locked in to OS X and thus Apple's overpriced junk if you want to use any of those tools.
>>
File: americans1.png (1 MB, 989x1022) Image search: [Google]
americans1.png
1 MB, 989x1022
>>52129008
>making friends while on the toilet
>>
>>52128805
>Apple as a company isn't really known for the best software
Final Cut Pro was the industry standard for the longest time.
>>
>>52129964
I've had some of my best conversations while on the shitter back in the communal bathrooms at college.
>>
>>52128805
Safari displaying things properly is more of a symptom of web design fags using Macs and Safari for testing, it's not more compliant with standards than Chrome is.

Only thing I can agree with is GarageBand and iMovie, they're decent tools for something that is bundled with an OS. Don't deceive yourself into thinking you're getting them for free though, your inflated Mac price pays for that.
>>
>>52128805
>Apple Software That's Actually Good

/thread
>>
File: 1447552377865.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1447552377865.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>52130526
>macfags can't get enough of eating shit from their hands and need to smell each other's shit while communicating
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>52128805
>best browser in terms of displaying web content the way the designer intended it to be displayed
I didn't know that Safari is able to remotely read the mind of the designer whenever you load a page.
>>
>>52130687
>I didn't know that Safari is able to remotely read the mind of the designer whenever you load a page.
Macs are magic, dude.
>>
>>52128805

>>Keynote.
>It has better transition effects than PowerPoint.
>has better transition effects
>transition effects
>transition
>effects

Wow, good thing that slide flew in in a super cool way, It really made the content of that presentation objectively good!
>>
>>52130638
this desu senpai
>>
Bootcamp.
>>
Garageband and iMovie aren't being bundled with OS X anymore, they're being sold separately in the App Store.

Not quite software, but when Spotlight came out it was god-like. Completely blew Windows XP search out of the water.
>>
>>52130761

>i need a program in a manufacturers operating system to tell my computer how to install a defacto standard Operating system.

Bootcamp is shit, like apple's efi.
>>
>>52130795
Well that's good for Apple fags. Least now you won't have to pay for development of things you don't need.
>>
File: 1443703854940.jpg (152 KB, 1024x613) Image search: [Google]
1443703854940.jpg
152 KB, 1024x613
>>52128805
>Apple Software
>Good

Pick one.
>>
>>52130795

Spotlight is one thing i give credit to apple for, works well, and keeps me from having to deal with that cancer file explorer.
>>
>>52128805
>(IMO) is the best browser in terms of displaying web content the way the designer intended it to be displayed.

The best browser for displaying web content is always what the writer of said content used when writing their content. I could write pages that work best (or only) with Firefox, IE6, or Chrome.

Only reason some sites gravitate towards Safari is the meme tier popular opinion that you need a Mac to be a content creator, therefore more people write crap for Safari.

but when it comes to actual web standards, Safari and all Webkit and Blink is the biggest cancer since IE6.
>>
>>52128805
its about the brand, not the software
owning apple stuff makes you gay
period
>>
File: catch up to vista.jpg (135 KB, 975x905) Image search: [Google]
catch up to vista.jpg
135 KB, 975x905
>>52128805
>>
>>52130925
>Vista
You know, for all the shit Vista got, it did bring in some really nice UI features.
>>
>>52130622
This. As a webdev I can confirm that Safari is actually lagging behind other browsers im terms of implemeting web standards. Can't get into details right now, because writing that on a phone would be nuts.
You are letting yourself deceived by Safari*s "pretty" minimalistic interface, but, man, once you open the dev console and have to work with that, you'll understand why Chrome wipes the floor with Safari.
>>
>Apple as a company isn't really known for the best software
are you a fucking shill trying to recruit MS brand loyalists or something? Apple's software, especially in the mid-2000's, was spectacular. Their new hardware lines as of about 2014 have been total shit, though. The new Mac Pro is not expandable at all, and the iPad Pro is the most retarded shit logically possible without inventing an entirely new product. The new mouse has a port on the bottom of it, while the phones, which are sleek as hell, still have one on the side, so it can still sit flat. At least the phone doesn't have to sit flat to work at all, though! I want that asshole Jobs back, not Tim Cook, who has turned the company into a parody of itself, almost just as envisioned by gaming aspies. I fear OS X might be next to die.
>>
>>52130925
The guy who wrote that application is probably like 12 years old and that was probably his first piece of software. Cute koala though.
>>
>>52130925
Window-snapping was introduced in Windows 7, not Vista.
>>
Final Cut Pro. And especially Motion.
Yeah, it's been gimped in the latest normalfaggy release but it's still good.
>>
>>52131319
I hate window snapping
>>
>>52131390
I love window snapping.
>>
>>52130925
Or you could get Spectacle, which is FOSS
>>
>>52131202
>Apple's software, especially in the mid-2000's, was spectacular.

Tell that to iTunes on my PC...
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.