[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's almost 2016. Why aren't you using Red Star OS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: redstar.png (440 KB, 1023x767) Image search: [Google]
redstar.png
440 KB, 1023x767
It's almost 2016. Why aren't you using Red Star OS?
>>
>>52123072
Get a bigger screen then shill again faggot
>>
>easily customizable
>democratically developed
>beloved worldwide

You can't deny it's /g dream OS
>>
I already use Windows 10
>>
>>52123109
BOTNET
>>
>>52123072
Apparently its just a ripoff of Mac OSX10. They changed all the 'i's to 'k's. Like iCal is now kcal. Wtf does the 'k' stand for? Kim?
>>
>>52123072
Does the thing really send all kinds of info to Norks?
Could one install it and spam their NSA equivalent with the height of furry fanbase art production?
>>
File: 1423004991048.jpg (28 KB, 354x313) Image search: [Google]
1423004991048.jpg
28 KB, 354x313
>>52123072
At least it isn't developed by poo in loo's
>>
>>52123189
>
no
>>
>>52123189
>NSA equivalent
You mean their entire government?
>>
There is no K in Dear Leader
>>
>>52123131
POO
I
N
LOO
>>
Windows 10:
>sends all of your searches to Microsoft
>forces you to install all updates from Microsoft
>will send log files and "diagnostic" info from what you are doing to Microsoft
>may store your passwords WIFI or encryption passwords at Microsoft servers
>may display app and content suggestions in the Start Menu, unless you disable it

RedStar OS
>watermarks your documents
>will force-restart when you try to tamper with certain system files
>will not install anything unless you tell it to do
>will not send any of your logs or diagnostic files to the dear leader
>will not store your passwords at DPRKs central server
>will not display any advertising to you

If you think about it, RedStar OS is actually less of a botnet than Windows 10. How does this make you feel?
>>
>>52123177
lmao this fucking macfag its clearly linux with kde kim loves kde because everything starts with k as his name kim and as in (north) 'korea' which he is dear leader of.
>>
>>52123072
Because it might as well be worse than windows 10 and I run godtier Arch Linux.
>>
>>52123414
You misspelled Gentoo faggot.
>>
>>52123412
I don't own a device that runs a Mac OS of any type. It is clearly linux with KDE, but the design is meant to mimic OSX
>>
>>52123412
Kek :^)
So why does special K(im) hate asylum seekers? North Korea imprison everyone trying to get asylum there and their descendants, for like three generations in slave labour camps at least that's what I heard from someone... why is that? Do they just automatically assume they are dissidents who will fuck up their new home country too or do they just not like deserters? I know I am not allowed to leave my country, they wana keep me here till everything plays out.
>>
>>52123615 <---Me again, "wanna", damn linux...
>>
File: reddit-alien.png (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
9 KB, 500x500
>>52123640
>>
Windows 10 likely has more backdoors.

Redstar does seem to watermark files though.
Watch this CCC talk from a few days ago if you're interested.
https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7174-lifting_the_fog_on_red_star_os#video
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.