[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you using a phone that respects your freedom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: neo900.png (560 KB, 991x603) Image search: [Google]
neo900.png
560 KB, 991x603
Why aren't you using a phone that respects your freedom yet?

Also freedom respecting phones thread
>>
the price
>>
>>52122273
but you only buy it once
>>
>>52122192
No such thing as a phone that protects your freedom, in the US the airwaves are owned by the public, so if you can find a way to listen in on calls or texts without tapping into cell towers or other tapping method its legal

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/news-articles/public-airwaves-myth/75018
>>
File: 1451330915917.jpg (38 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
1451330915917.jpg
38 KB, 500x679
I bought N900 on day1. I was one if the first 10 people to own it. I also bought the Jolla immediately after it became available.

Now I use a Sony Xperia Z series because I'm sick of feeling left out. Technology was happenjng without me.
>>
It isn't even being sold yet. Also for that price you'd expect better specs. If you really care about muh freedom, you wouldn't have a cellphone and just buy an x200 with libreboot
>>
>>52122511
>I bought N900 on day1. I was one if the first 10 people to own it.
[citation needed]
>>
>>52122511
>Z series
best line of smartphones ever since they came out
>>
File: blackberry-priv-dblkb.jpg (331 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-priv-dblkb.jpg
331 KB, 1200x900
>>52122192
Are there any other smartphones with a hoizontal keyboard like in OPs pic? Any current smartphones, but not that shit like pic related
>>
>>52122192
I don't use a phone all that much so I decided to go with the Dragonbox Pyra instead. So far it has more documented progress under its belt than the Neo900.
>>
File: neo900-avatar.jpg (95 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
neo900-avatar.jpg
95 KB, 940x940
>>52122192

Damn it's so sexy. If only it wasn't so damn expensive.
>>
>>52122807
modern? no.

Photon Q, maybe Droid 4 if you don't care about display at all.
>>
Still have my N900, loved that phone so much
>>
>>52123398
Photon q is solid. Easy root
>>
>>52122192
So whats the price and why do i have to buy it once? >>52122373
Can it be serviced easily? And most important, can android apps also run on that thing?
>>
You know what, I want a real fucking computer in my pocket, not this gimped phone shit.
>>
>>52122192
I like how their page has only one vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJHMXQ3nSt0

>filmed with the worst camera possible, in 480p
>without any commentary to present that phone to potential customers.

What the fuck is wrong withe these turbo autists? Every god dam kike starter video for a EDC bottle opened thingy has some music and "inspirational" story bs, but not these guys.

>we dont need marketing
>people are rational beings like us, they will see the advantages
yeah...
>>
>>52122192

i did buy one. nokia fucked up with it.

rather than make progress by removing bugs and adding functionality they concentrated on other shit like changing the graphics toolkit and software packaging.
>>
Because barring a few pics of my wiener I don't have anything to hide on my phone.
>>
>>52122807
BlackBerry I think the PRIV
>>
I was young and fell for the n900 meme while my friends got iPhone 4's. Now I know better.

>that fucking resistive screen
>that awful keyboard
>that shitty camera
>that awful grain from the resistive film
>that slow as fuck native email app, takes literally 10 minutes to open and can't handle more than 1000 emails
>I even did all the cssu shit and it was STILL a god awful unusable laggy mess

Live and learn I guess
>>
>>52126885
this

Still have n900, was my first smartphone ever. Now all I need is a phone that works and one I don't have to tweak into doing shit I want it to do.
>>
>>52122192
so it has no GSM backdoors?
>>
>>52127263
Went from an HTC Desire Z to an N900.
Never felt more like a retard than then.
>>
>>52127294
Join the club son.
I regret not selling this crap when I had a chance to my autist friend
>>
>>52126087
>and most important, can it invade my privacy
Wut?
>>
>>52122721
Why? Genuinely curious.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.