[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/ my friend is working on building his computer security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: shot-20151229-1874-t6u5cw.jpg (100 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
shot-20151229-1874-t6u5cw.jpg
100 KB, 1280x968
Sup /g/ my friend is working on building his computer security training site whats /g/ think of the design so far?
>>
>>52120787
not bad except for that logo font
>>
not enough memes
>>
>>52120813
What would you recommend him change the logo font to any specific font in mind i'll let him know
>>
>>52120787
Remove curved borders and gradients
>>
>>52120787
needs more ads
>>
> outdated web design
> no fancy modern lofty HTML5 design

Take a look at how those things are supposed to look
http://careerfoundry.com/
http://www.codingdojo.com/
http://devbootcamp.com/
>>
>>52120787

The logo is awful and needs to be completely redesigned. It has a christmas color theme, two different fonts, the icon looks like a candy corn and it tells me nothing about what the site does.

White text on on orange background with a drop shadow is a big no-no.

'Close this message' has the 'g' cut off.

The training section could be combined with the logo section. Random mixes of capitals and lower case. 'We will teach you' - first person is informal and the previous sentence isn't in first person.

'Who is FreeCST' - choose an identity for your singular and stick to it. Free CST is a group, company and now an individual? I take it that English may not be your first language.

The drop shadows seem to be going in different directions. Also white on grey is a bad idea. you have about 10 different font sizes on this one page.

Having a mission statement - now back to first person plural, should be combined with the 'What we do!' section and then removed entirely. A mission statement is is usually a bunch of buzzwords that has to include the terms 'disruptive' and 'innovative' at least 5 times. It's also completely meaningless and meant for a different kind of company. Yours contains far too many commas.

A color palette of black, grey, light grey and white with an orange highlight is nice though.
>>
>>52122974

Also just looking down the page, the logo, 'Website...', 'Home', 'Training', 'Free...', 'Who', 'Mission', 'We...', 'Free...' are all misaligned.

Close this message doesn't have an icon.

Footer should be centered.

'there are many sites online that offer you, Computer... ' - sounds like your out of breath.

'and require many hours of studying.' then 'without having to attend an expensive class' - but you'll still need many hours of study. Don't give a problem with no solution.

You don't have an 'Audience', you have students.
>>
Wasn't this posted like two weeks ago? Nothings changed
>>
It looks like a wordpress with a $30 template
>>
>>52120787
has a 2005 demonoid feel
>>
>>52122974
>the icon looks like a candy corn

looks more like a ring pop actually
>>
honeypot?
>>
looks like a forum rules page or something
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.