[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im thinking about getting one Blackberry passport for 450 dollars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: blackberry-passport1.jpg (169 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-passport1.jpg
169 KB, 970x546
Im thinking about getting one Blackberry passport for 450 dollars. What does /g/ think?

You can install Google Play there and Amazon store is default there.
>>
>You can install Google Play

Actually willingly installing a botnet
>>
>>52120545
you should jump out of your window
>>
>>52120545
Buying a BB10 device to put Google spyware on it. Jesus Christ.

Just sideload .apk files as needed, and don't even bother with Google. The benefit of BB10 is that it has NO Google crap on it.
>>
OP here.

I haven't said I'm going to install spyware. I know that not every app will work. Screen resolution or just conflicts with system may cause problems.
>>
I would buy it, but im interesed in the bb phone with android, that also has a keyboard. The blackberry vit or some shit, im too tired to remember. Decent resolution, physical keyboard and android OS.
>>
>>52120799
Blackberry Priv. Would buy, but expensive as fuck. Right know I have S6, but I can still give it back to store. I'm looking for something unusual and with good battery life.
>>
>>52120799
BB10 is a thousand times comfier than android though, I don't understand why you'd preferer android.
>>
>>52120941
Because he never even tried BB 10, that's why.
>>
So... Is changing from Samsung Galaxy S6 a good idea?
>>
>>52121157
Get a Nexus phone senpai
>>
>>52121241
The only thing I like about android is some interesting apps. The newest Nexus is shit. I won't pay same price as Galaxy S6 for 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM.
>>
>>52121157

depends on what you expect from a phone, S6 and passport are like opposite ends of a spectrum. screen aspect, OS and keyboard operation is all different so it might feel like changing your religion.
>>
>>52121274
If you're seriously saying the 6P isn't a great phone then you don't know what you're talking about. If I wasn't on a contract already that'd be my phone of choice
>>
>>52121305

>nexus 6P
>le breaking phone face

that's not a good product even for chinese standards these days.
>>
>>52121157
Bump
>>
android compatibility is hit or miss with BB10. if you depend on android apps heavily, you should just get an android phone instead. though for most major apps there's some kind of bb10 port.
>>
BB10 is a great os - actually liked it more than Android. Hub and gestures make multitasking a breeze. They are killing that os off tho. Don't expect any more major updates or any new apps. I went back to Android after having to sideload more and more shit. While it works (for most, not everything) it's not nearly as nice as native bb10 apps and the need to do it will only increase.
>>
>>52122325
I'm not playing games too often. Maybe some heavy ones time to time. Some of them actually work or mess up because of screen. I'm tired after 3 weeks of Lagwiz
>>
>>52120545
Op Op Op - I was there, I had the device for 48 and returned it. I'm not even invested in Android that much - but Android based applications feel 'foreign' and can't (for example) run in the background, etc etc. If you really absolutely not care/rely on Android - sure.
>>
>>52120941
either he never tried BB or he needs snapchat or some other shit meme app. There are no other reasons
>>
File: 1442844616965.jpg (312 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1442844616965.jpg
312 KB, 1200x800
>>52120545
why would you make a phone with physical keys and not include the 2 most important ones...
But anyway... anyone who tried Passport can tell me if at least the mouse cursor in browser thingy works on the capacitive keyboard?
>>
Enjoy forever getting made fun of by teenage girls OP
>>
>>52124871

who cares about teenage girls, /g/ is either trap or loli. well unless you are an underage faggot.
>>
>>52124871
Who cares about them and their shitty iPhones
>>
>>52125076
>>52125088
>not wanting to fuck teenage girls
Top cuck m8
>>
>>52124871
nah just stick an apple logo on it and tell them it's a preproduction version of the new iPhone
>>
>>52125127

>not shaving legs
>not even cross-dress
>or not liking lolis
>wanting to have sex with old women instead

didn't chink moot make some additional normie boards to accomodate you people?
>>
>>52124755
>swiping the screen is retarded
>OS entirely based on swipe gestures to navigate between locations
>>
>>52125275
swiping your screen to answer a call is retarded.
The reasons are stated below that statement
>>
File: didntstopit.jpg (66 KB, 884x666) Image search: [Google]
didntstopit.jpg
66 KB, 884x666
>>52120545
>blackberry
>450
reminds me of when people get robbed and they let the criminals get away with it
>>
>>52120545
You can buy this shit for like 300 tops senpai
>>
Change or not?
>>
>>52127349
S6 to Passport? Personally I would:
1) Samsung Galaxy's the most overrated Android phone IMO. I'd still think twice if it's an Xperia Z5.
2) Personally I like BB10 more. The keyboard, the hub, and the lightweight OS. Having done development on Linux, all the APIs feels very similar.
>>
>>52120545
wtf
>>
>>52120545
>he owns a BlackBerry
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.