[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g's opinion on netbean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: netbeans.jpg (7 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
netbeans.jpg
7 KB, 300x165
What is /g's opinion on netbean?
>>
I use it for C++ compiling.
Am I a pleb?
>>
>>52115612
no
>>
Nicer than eclipse, better all around language support than pretty much any other tool (except eclipse, but that doesn't count), better start up time than other similarly capable ide's except maybe qt creator.

Jira, tomcat, gdbserver, compile/debug over ssh, custom build steps per-file including setting pre- and post-targets, makefiles as build system, ability to open common project types without breaking the filesystem, a fantastic diff tool with local and remote history, every major VCS as first class citizen (except TFS but who cares), etc.

The list goes on and on. The only two complaints one can make are that it's slow start-upon a toaster and that boo-hoo it's written in java.
>>
>>52115876
starts up quick on my laptop that has a ssd
>>
>>52115966
Works great on the last 5 computers I used it on including an old p3 with 2gb ram. But shitposters will latch on to the
>java
meme and call it slow
>>
>>52115604
lol is this the shitstain of an ide that literally has a little box in the toolbar that shows what the garbage collector is doing? and pauses every so often for a half second or so, completely debilitating the computer while the gc stops the world, including making your mouse cursor stop and jerk around, because it's written in java?

or is that eclipse?
>>
File: 1278.jpg (63 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
1278.jpg
63 KB, 390x390
>>52115604
slow as fuck, qtcreator is better in every aspect
>>
Only good for GUI design.
>>
May not account for much but:
+Infinitely times easier to create and setup JSF projects.
-it manages to be more laggy than even eclipse
-it's 'error fixing suggestions' are half-assed at best.
>>
perfect. I use it as my main IDE and have every shortcut hardwirded in my brain
>>
>>52115604

I like it better than eclipse. Eclipse just tends to get too bloated with plugins too quickly and always has issues.

It's better whenever you need something that can do a LOT of things but not whenever you only need to do one thing. Basically it's a Swiss Army Knife.

Whenever you just need to do a few things, then you're better off using Brackets or whatever other narrow IDE you favor.

Vim/Emacs/whatever will always be useful though.
>>
>>52116015

Pretty sure both eclipse and NetBeans are written in Java.
>>
Used it primarily when was working on CodeIgniter projects learning PHP, currently using VIM trying to learn more advanced commands.

Still pretty good and keep it around for applying the odd patch on the old CI projects.
>>
File: 018_eclipse_foox_fig1.jpg (170 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
018_eclipse_foox_fig1.jpg
170 KB, 800x640
>>52116151
talking specifically about this widget, i think
>>
>>52115989
last time I tried it for Java development it lagged like shit on my 650 MHz SPARC box
>>
File: Netbeans-jvm.png (106 KB, 1680x1018) Image search: [Google]
Netbeans-jvm.png
106 KB, 1680x1018
>>52116210

Oh, then they both have that while you're debugging.
>>
It's much faster than it used to be. Layout is prettier than eclipse and it has better functionality by default.

Error suggestions are stupid sometimes but they try to keep you up to date with the latest Java API standards (lambda expressions, empty diamond brackets for generics, etc.) so it's worth noting
>>
Comes with proper dark theme now.

I use it instead of sublime whenever the advantages of a full IDE outweigh the cons.
>>
>>52115604
for:
Java: very good
C/C++: medium to high-tier depending on the purpose of the project.
Anything else: Prob good.
>>
>>52116210
That widget is the gnome 2 system resources monitor, it has nothing to do with eclipse or netbeans
>>
>>52115604
I use it at work for PHP and JS.

It's great.
>>
I switched to Eclipse because I was tired of NetBeans slowness and poor font rendering (at least on OS X).

But if you don't experience these issues, it's a pretty good IDE.
>>
>>52115876
Intellij Idea is better
>>
>>52118626
For java maybe.
Each jetbrains product individually is better than netbeans, the problem is you need 40 of them to match language and feature set
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.