[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ approved headsets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 9200000014685028.jpg (33 KB, 550x645) Image search: [Google]
9200000014685028.jpg
33 KB, 550x645
What headsets does /g/ reccomend?
>>
Just use your speakers m8.
>>
>>52113125
/thread lol

I've got some sweet Creative Fatal1ty that finally broke after two months.
>>
>>52113125
I can't because my gf and i have completely different work schedules so she wants to sleep when i want to game and i dont want to wake her up
>>
>>52113119
There was just a thread on this, it might even still be going it was like an hour ago.
>>
>>52113156
Link me m8
>>
HyperX Cloud or QPad QH-85/QH-90, that's about it
>>
>>52113119
2 shotguns for both ears
>>
Learn to lip read and you'll save tons of money.
>>
>>52113140
> my gf
that's not how you spell mom
>>
>>52113140
cuck
>>
The only /g/ approved headsets would probably the Sennheiser G4ME series, since it's just a high quality mic strapped to popular Sennheiser headphones, and the HyperX Cloud 2. They're basically the same thing but with Takstar Pro 80, and with a not-so-great microphone.

Other than that, the only one I recommend is the Plantronics Gamecom 780/788 (same thing, different looks, 788 is Best Buy exclusive).

The best answer, if you don't particularly need convenience or portability, is getting a good pair of headphones and a desk mic/zalman mic/modmic to supplement them.
>>
>>52114283
>HyperX Cloud 2
Nonononono, those have the shitty USB sound card. You want the Cloud 1.
>>
>>52114322

I sort of agree, but no, I definitely meant the 2.

The Cloud 1 were just 3.5mm connectors, which usually is a good thing, but they were also very picky about the connector for the microphone. If your on board audio or whatever you plugged the mic into just didn't happen to be the greatest, the mic would have a noticeable buzzing noise.

The Cloud 2's USB sound card actually isn't bad, it's an improvement over most on board sound with obvious exceptions being any ASUS/MSI boards that have built in op amps and Nichicon or other audio level capacitors for the sound card.

Not to mention it terminates in a single 4-pole 3.5mm connection that plugs into that USB sound card making it idea for laptop and phone use, which since the mic detaches and they just look like Takstar Pro 80 headphones, it pretty useful.

Plus the only real reason to get a headset over a headphone/mic combo is portability, so I assume he plans to attend LANs and such, where having a USB sound card will ensure everything sounds the same no matter what computer you're on.

I've thought this through, believe me.
>>
>>52114456
The cloud 1 did come with 2x 3-pole to 1x 4-pole adapter though, so they're equally viable for portable use. If you've already got a decent audio solution I still think they're the way to go.
>>
>>52114648
not that guy but i can definitely say id rather use an adapter on a desktop computer and have the product just work on my phone and laptop. i dont want the honeys at the gym to see me with cable adapters.
>>
Steelseries Siberias are solid. I bought the frost blue edition v2s like 4 years ago and finally retired it to a pair of ath m50xs and an at2020.
>>
>>52114283
>plantronics
No. Fucking itchy ass lint magnets with tiny earmuffs.

Don't get G930s either theyre fucking garbage.
>>
>>52115255
Agree on the Logitech, but I don't find those Plantronics cans itchy at all. They do collect lint and dust pretty easily though, so I guess if you didn't clean them off they could get itchy from that.
>>
>>52115255
>G930's they're fucking garbage

I am using them but they are indeed complete shit. I've had logitech RMA them 4 times in one year now. I plan on switiching to a different wireless after these finally break because they will.

>inb4 ">wireless"

My coil whine leaks into my USB powered audio devices for some reason so wired is out.
>>
I love my astro a40's with mix amp but their kinda expensive so I got then as a Christmas gift awhile ago
>>
>>52115359
I never RMAd mine, but I get constant power on/off when my wifi is being used.

>>52115346
They were itchy for me. Maybe I'm fucking dumbo, but they squished the shit out of my ears too. I really like the fit of the g930s, but they are shit for the previous reasons.
>>
>>52115448
I got a pair of a40s + mixamp used for $75, they're the best headphones I have ever used and would heavily recommend them to anyone
>>
>>52113119
/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests
>>
>>52115778
Fuck you.
>>
>>52115842

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>52115862
Fuck you.
>>
>>52115971
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>52115778
>/g/ is not your personal tech support team
>/g/ is not your personal consumer review site
>/g/ is for the discussion of technology
Pretty sure that is an oxymoron.
>>
The /g/ headset is a seperate headphone + mic.
Mic recommendations include Zalman, Modmic, and the Snowball.
>>
File: 20151228_235124.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151228_235124.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I just won these from my gym, I looked them up and they retail around $100. The volume seems pretty low, even compared to my $50 Monster Earbuds I bought a few years back. Is low volume an issue with Bluetooth earbuds, or are these just memetier?
>>
I don't have a product request but check out massdrop.com's Audiophile section. I got some dope AKGs from there for $35, one of the best tech deals I've gotten. They're constantly dropping high quality headphones
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.