[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we ban encryption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: david-cameron.jpg (211 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
david-cameron.jpg
211 KB, 2197x1463
What if we ban encryption?
>>
>we
>>
>>52110713
>we the people
>>
It's funny how conspiracy-tards belive everything has back doors built in yet our governments throw temper tantrums over encryption existing.
But that's fucking /g/ for you.
>>
What if we fuck a pig head?
>>
>>52110694
If you ban encryption you have to make EVERY program open source.
>>
>>52110795

low bait. BTW We The People reverse engineer'd most of your pathetic jewish encryption dongles
>>
>>52110694
Then it's bye bye, electronical banking.
>>
Then I'll be a criminal
>>
>>52110795
SPOILER
it's just for show
>>
>>52110843
>bye bye online jews
I'm ok with this
>>
>>52110795
The fact they are throwing tantrums over specific software like TOR and TrueCrypt proves they have backdoors in all the more common software they never mention.
>>
File: doit.jpg (13 KB, 271x277) Image search: [Google]
doit.jpg
13 KB, 271x277
>>52110894
this
>>
>>52110870
Obviously.
A retarded and entirely unfounded conspiracy being the covered up by another conspiracy.
When will they lean they can never pull the wool over /g/s eye?
>>
>>52110914
>proves

Oh yeah. That's the thing this stunning realization totally does.
>>
>>52110795
>everything has back doors built in

This isn't a conspiracy theory any more, anon.
>>
>>52110993
Fine, strongly indicates.

Didn't expect you to sperg out about it.
>>
File: 1438300136315.jpg (2 MB, 3664x3688) Image search: [Google]
1438300136315.jpg
2 MB, 3664x3688
>>52110795
>>
He obviously means consumer encryption. Its the internet version of gun grabbing.

He doesn't seriously want banks, for instance, to get rid of all encryption, and if he did they would tear him a new one.
>>
We already banned the majority of free speech except in cases where it might aid in "national security" finding those nasty dissidents.
>can't post opinions on news stories without real name
>can't post on slashdot if opinion isn't approved by jewish owners
>can post on 4chan, but marked for doing so

Won't be long now before only post approved by dictator are allowed.
>>
What if we ban stupidity ?
>>
>>52111191

only if still able to vote
>>
>>52111253
Fuck you motherfuckers. How did you know? Goddamn that was fast.
>>
>>52110914
>TOR
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#WhyCalledTor
>>
>>52111310
>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as TOR, is in fact...Tor, etc...
>>
>>52111016
I guess that's why we have a large body of instances of various governments miraculouly getting past encryption someone could list.

Given how it's a forgone conclusion that everything is compromised surely we should have plenty of examples of it.
>>
>>52110713
>are the crystal gems
>>
what if i open up my router's pw protection?
>>
File: Quarter-Head1.jpg (295 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
Quarter-Head1.jpg
295 KB, 1400x1050
>>52110795
>you're evening's pay friend
>>
Encryption is the only thing that can save us now. There isn't much time left to implement it. If we wait much longer, there will be nobody left to share it with. 2016 will be the year that all governments/corporations put the smack down on free speech worldwide. They already have it all in place. We need an alternative now. We need a plan. I know it sounds crazy, but it isn't.
>>
>>52110914
This. The government flipped shit when Skype came out, as well as iMessage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBumQHPAeU
>>
What if we elect Farage?
>>
>>52113695
Anime is made real.
>>
I'm gonna ask in this thread since it's about encryption.
>Since OpenBSD is based in Canada, no United States export restrictions on cryptography apply, allowing the distribution to make full use of modern algorithms for encryption.
I was reading the Wikipedia article on OpenBSD and found this section, what the hell does it mean? Does it mean that if you encrypt something it must be easy to break or else it's illegal?
>>
At this point. I would buy storage en masse, archive/data hoard everything I want. And then promptly fuck off to some remote mountain or island far far away from society.

Does anyone think if we colonize mars they'll say fuck you, and declare independence. Assuming they have fully functional living spaces, and can mine Mars resources.
>>
>>52110823
underrated post
>>
>>52110795
You moron, it's cheaper to not have encryption in the first place than to get a backdoor installed. Why would they not want to make their job easier and save money?
>>
>>52113809
Encryption algorithms and tools are under embargo by the US as a weapon and are subject to export laws when carried over national borders.
>>
>>52110926
She has very nice teeth
>>
Anybody who locks the doors to their house cannot be trusted what are they hiding.
>>
>>52110795
There are different levels of bureaucracy. Just because the FBI cannot break a lot of encryption does not mean that the NSA is also unable to do so.
>>
>>52114488
Are you serious? Does that mean in theory I couldn't bring a computer running OpenBSD in the US or are you fucking with me?
>>
>>52110823
Or you simply require every company that wishes to use some kind of encryption to submit it to the government (for a hefty fee of course.) Those companies wishing to skip the process can obtain license from the government which allows them to publish software without submitting their source code (they would instead pay a retainer fee that would help the government pay for people to examine data that has been encrypted.) Thus, corporate oligarchy is maintained and the nation is still secure.
>>
>>52114805
Interesting.
So is that a provable claim? Even some weak evidence would be nice. Or just a shitty cop-out to give some credibility to a conspiracy with no real backing?
Because some concrete examples of the US government conducting hardware tampering on a unparalleled scale would be kinda rad.
>>
>>52115222
didnt the NSA get caught distributing backdoored routers

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/05/12/greenwald-nsa-plants-backdoors-in-foreign-bound-routers/
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.