[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
191 million voters’ personal info exposed by misconfigured database
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: cv_example.png (43 KB, 735x673) Image search: [Google]
cv_example.png
43 KB, 735x673
http://www.databreaches.net/191-million-voters-personal-info-exposed-by-misconfigured-database/

Actually, it's surprising it took this long for voting data to leak if you think about it.
>>
IF YOU GOT NOTHING TO HIDE, YOU GOT NOTHING TO FEAR!
>>
inb4 I have nothing to hide
>>
Meh, worth it to participate in the democratic process.
>>
File: 1449470003371.jpg (91 KB, 545x640) Image search: [Google]
1449470003371.jpg
91 KB, 545x640
>>52101957
>Implying true democracy can even exist
>>
>>52101909
>votecucкs
>>
Nothing to hide nothing to fear
>>
anyone got a link or methods to find these databases? guy is known for finding these big open databases...
>>
>>52102043
SHODAN?
>>
>>52101957
>murrica
>democracy
>>
>>52101977
what is true democracy - mob rule?
>>
>>52101935
THIS YOU FUCKING BASTARD
>"HURR WE HAVE NOTHIN TO HIDE NOTHIN TO FEAR"
Why the huge uproar then? Those of use who take proper precautions to ensure privacy ain't dumb you know.
You reap what you sow, those people deserved that because they chose to give their personal info.
>>
>>52102201
Well how are you supposed to vote without sharing this information?

People won't care about this breach. The information is already being used by russians, but news about this will get evaporated away by the next shiny bauble.
>>
>>52102217
>Well how are you supposed to vote without sharing this information?
There are voting centers too you know, where you show your voting card and then vote
>>
>>52102225
I'm not familiar with the American system, don't you still need to have your personal information in a similar database for your voting card?
>>
>>52102234
Yes but that database is deep in government servers and doesn't need to be accessed by the voters in any way
>>
>>52101909
Nice try but the government wouldn't be stupid enough to actually store votes along with personal information about the voter, right?
Shit, I think last time I voted was 4, or 5 years ago and we went to the voting place, had to show our ID to register, but then we simply filled out the voting paper anonymously.
>>
Scary stuff.
I visited several musea in Germany about the Gestapo and Stasi -- I don't want to imagine what you are able to do with the efficiency of databases and personal vote data when they already were able to do much damage with everything on paper.
>>
>>52101909
That looks like a Big Data database. I remember learning there are some big data databases that are based on JSON, rather than relations. I think it was mongodb
>>
>>52102260
I was wondering the same thing. How do they know someone's affiliation?
>>
>>52102260
>the government wouldn't be stupid enough to X
Really? Collecting data is the new thing. If you're in tech, if you're not collecting as much data as you can someone will call you a fucking idiot and fire you.
>>
>>52101909
>Shows first name
>Shows last name
>Hides middle name
>>
>>52102261
good goy
>>
yet another reason not to vote
>>
>>52102261
russia, the current year
>>
>>52102405
I doubt the FSB has much digital about Siberian separatists. The country is just too big and fragmented to be compared with Germany
>>
>being registered to vote in meme elections
>>
>>52102280
>JSON
Just fuck my database up, SON.
>>
>>52101935
/thread
>>
>>52101935
What might be "nothing" today, might not be tomorrow.
>>
Wouldn't be surprised if they leaked it themselves so that the liberals won't vote.
>>
>>52102135
mob rule + everyone has the same sized sticks
>>
>>52102260
Eurocuck here, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to match voters to the party they voted for in any democracy. If they actually stored the votes this would be a MUCH bigger scandal.
>>
>>52103292
party registration is a thing in many states
>>
>>52103317
You mean becoming member of a party? Ok, but it doesn't mean you have to vote for that party. The whole point of secret elections is to make sure people can't get pressured into voting for a party. If Trump held me at gunpoint and forced me to register for the Republican Party, I would still be able to secretly vote for the Democrats and he wouldn't be able to know for sure.
>>
File: 1435452897749.gif (87 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1435452897749.gif
87 KB, 480x270
>>52101909
Is there a dump of the data somewhere?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.