[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for help please /g/. A few months back I built my own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: vtx3d-radeon-r9-380-2gb.jpg (103 KB, 799x592) Image search: [Google]
vtx3d-radeon-r9-380-2gb.jpg
103 KB, 799x592
Looking for help please /g/.
A few months back I built my own PC, everythings been running fine and I had a graphics card bought for me for Christmas. (VTX R9 380).
I have previously been using the onboard graphics of the CPU to use the PC for general browsing etc. Upon installing the graphics card I could not get an image on my monitor, simply the message 'No Signal'.

What could be the cause to this?
My PSU is a EVGA 500B 500W 80+ BRONZE, Motherboard a MSI Z97 PC Mate,
CPU G3258, 8gb ram and a 1TB hard drive so the PSU should be sufficient.

Could this just be a dud graphics card or is there anything I can try?

Please advise.
>>
>>52100201
>dat dyke on the box
lel
>>
>>52100201
Did you connected the monitor cable to the gpu ? Are the card fans spinning?
>>
>>52100314
Monitor only connects via DVI, graphics card ports are HDMI so I was just connecting to the DVI port on the motherboard, is this the problem?
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 235x215
>>52100394
>>
>>52100440
So I imagine this is where I made my basic mistake. Would a DVI to HDMI cable work in this scenario?
>>
Check if the monitor is connected to the GPU. It could be connected to the motherboard.
>>
>VTX

Where on God's green Earth did this fucking brand come from?
>>
File: ati-ruby1[1].jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ati-ruby1[1].jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>>52100201
>Radeon girl became a MILF
Man, time flies fast.

By the way, that's a common error when you install a new graphics card and somehow your OS doesn't load the standard drivers for it, connect your monitor to the old on-board graphics card, set up your drivers, reboot and connect the screen cable to the new card.
>>
I'd rape AMD Ruby.
>>
Few things:

>Make sure the video cable is connected directly to the graphics card
>Check in BIOS what it defaults to. Some motherboards are smart about it, but I have had some that unless you change the defaults it will not show up. When in doubt, remove the CMOS battery.
>Make sure you do not have anything else it is defaulting to that is connected (Like having a DVI and HDMI connection at the same time).
>>
Thanks for all the replies, was a basic error of not connecting direct to the graphics card due to my monitor only having a DVI out connection.
Been out, bought a DVI to HDMi cable and now up and running, thanks again.
BTW got a VTX instead of a regular reputable brand due to the dirt cheap price I got the card for.
>>
>>52100394
>Monitor only connects via DVI, graphics card ports are HDMI so I was just connecting to the DVI port on the motherboard, is this the problem?
You fucking idiot
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.