[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>(...) and that is occurring against the background of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: RuRaNm9.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RuRaNm9.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
>(...) and that is occurring against the background of the utter failure of counter-crunch technologies such as spectrum sharing and localized grid selection. The Spectrum Crunch is a real problem that is being so far completely ignored by experts, governments, and the public at large. And precisely because of that, it is railroaded to bring about the collapse of every system dependent on wireless communication, which is to say, the entire modern world. The Millennium Bug will seem like a hilarious reminiscence in comparison.
>Luke Hansworth

What will you do when the Big Crunch comes, /g/?
>>
>no replies
Wow /g/, none of you even know what's this about, do you?
>>
>>52092987
>/g/
>knowing anything other than what to buy
But seriously, I'm interested, what the hell is this all about?
>>
>>52092987
>>52092809
explain please
>>
>>52092809
If I understand this correctly, you're saying that the wireless spectrum is going to become oversaturated and cease functioning as a reliable medium for communication. Is that correct?
>>
File: 4L_SCSFnmqF.jpg (7 KB, 150x215) Image search: [Google]
4L_SCSFnmqF.jpg
7 KB, 150x215
>>52092809
https://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireless/articles/20150218/05533430065/verizon-makes-it-very-clear-its-spectrum-crunch-never-existed.shtml

>After years of warning of spectrum armageddon, Verizon's again making it clear that the entire spectrum crisis was contrived nonsense
>>
>>52093044
>>52093066

He's just parroting some popsci he found in order to sound smart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch
>>
>>52093044
Basically, with the widespread of wireless tech, airwave spectra are being saturated. at this rate, There just won't be any frequency available putting an effective cap on how much data humanity can broadcast and transmit at any given time.
>>
>>52093118
The solution is simple - we lay more fiber lanes. This will, of course, be very expensive.
>>
>>52093097
Silly face, did you even read the article? Verizon says *its* spectrum crunch isn't happening, as in, the company still has plenty of headroom. It's not saying spectrum crunch isn't a thing, because it really is. It's just not an *immediate* problem.
>>
>>52093101
>mistaking airwave spectrum saturation with cosmological theories
Anon, this is embarrassing. Good thing you don't namefag because this would have ruined your reputation.
>>
>>52093091
Yes, though it's not me saying it.

>>52093148
That won't solve the problem when hyper-dense megalopolises become a thing and every person is constantly carrying around several wireless devices.
>>
>>52092809
>The Millennium Bug will seem like a hilarious reminiscence in comparison.
Considering nothing came out of it, I'd say the millennium bug is already a hilarious reminiscence desu...
>>
>>52093591
Nostalgia, my friend.
>>
>>52092809
Ahaha who cares i got terminal cancer
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.