[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the only advantage OS X had was appearance >now it looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: AppleSucking.jpg (18 KB, 631x307) Image search: [Google]
AppleSucking.jpg
18 KB, 631x307
>the only advantage OS X had was appearance
>now it looks like linux tier fisher-price garbage

Literally what's the point of using it anymore?
>>
Apple is a pro-LGBT pro-Negro institution

prepare for the obnoxious shills

>AppLEL
>>
File: 1451181522502.jpg (38 KB, 706x480) Image search: [Google]
1451181522502.jpg
38 KB, 706x480
>>52088170
Actually the one advantage that it has was that it was a unix box that also had a fantastic desktop environment. Unlike certain other "like-unix" operating systems which, though still stable, have absolutely horrendous GUIs and desktop environments.
>>
>>52088390
>a fucking dock
>a file manager which puts a folder called .DS_store in EVERYTHING you visit
>an awful, bloated executable format
>terrible memory management, segmentation, and scheduling
>nonstandard, incomplete C library
>every package manager is shitty and loaded with bugs
>shitty file system which sucks with disk transaction
>makes absolutely no use of resource forks even though HFS+ supports them, so unnecessary config files are littered everywhere

I think I'm going to install Windows, this OS sucks ass.
>>
Why is the latest Xcode so shit?

>try to create a swift project
>it freezes
>have to reboot

Literally linux tier.
>>
>>52088807
>try to create a swift project
>using swift

There's your problem.
>>
>>52088840
It can't be any worse than Objective Crap.
>>
>>52088583
Been using OS X since 2006 and this anon has made a remarkably accurate enumeration of why it sucks. Except that I like the Dock. Been thinking of switching to GNU/Linux.

>>52088876
Objective-C is actually a God tier language. C with classes, but done right unlike C++.
>>
>>52088170
>fisher-price garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
>>
>>52089668
objective C is C++ done right.

you can't get any better than Cocoa as far as a UI framework, and the tieins are remarkably complete and rock solid.

Swift is the language of teh future, and yfw it blows C# the fuck out

but i mean, come on. i'm trying to convince a bunch of retarded niggers, this is never going to work
>>
>>52089773
>Swift is the language of teh future
You mean Sjwift.
>>
>>52088170
OS X is THE ONLY WAY to have Microsoft Word, or Adobe CC or any other professional software on a unix system
>>
>>52089848
Not >>52089773,
but Swift's actually pretty cool. It's way more friendly than something like C++, and has rooted out those annoying quirky designs like cutting in arrays, strings.

And what comes with a friendly and javascript-like syntax is a new generation of programmers, which will continue to carry this industry.
>>
>>52089736
I don't understand. OP is not making fun of anyone he's making fun of the OS. This poorly made flash has nothing to do with this topic.
>>
File: 1423096054629.jpg (43 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1423096054629.jpg
43 KB, 446x400
>>52088170
>the only advantage OS X had was appearance
nice uninformed opinion pleb
>>
yeah yeah
>>
You forgot the most important advantage: the prize.
>>
File: 3555368551_517eb59643.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3555368551_517eb59643.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
Am I the only person in the world who really, really liked the 68k/PowerPC Mac OS? System 7 especially.

All people ever say is
>lol sad mac
Or
>lol bomb

As if this wasn't the era when the Blue Screen of Death was actually a regular occurrence
>>
>>52094065
what do i win ?
>>
>>52094100
I always liked it too. I sometimes wonder what could have been if Apple had chosen BeOS as the basis for what would become OSX, rather than NeXTStep. Then again, I suppose in such a scenario they wouldn't have re-acquhired Steve Jobs, for whatever that's worth.
>>
File: g3.png (314 KB, 864x436) Image search: [Google]
g3.png
314 KB, 864x436
>>52094140
I'm conflicted because I am aware of Apple's troubles in the 90s compared to the absurd hyper success they had after

But look at these laptops, they have the same specs, and the one on the right was much, much more successful.

It's not just me being a hipster contrarian, is it? The popular demand here was literally *wrong*

Apple became popular and successful and beloved and rich by fucking up all of their own products. I can't argue with their success at all but back then they actually felt like a "computer" company
>>
>>52094257
I remember we had a bunch of those iBooks in school. Maybe that's why it was successful? Make it look like fisher price shit so the kiddies aren't scared of it.
>>
>>52088170
Just because your freetard shit looks like Apple shit, doesn't mean it works as nicely as Apple shit.

One would think you faggots learned that with your iPeds and other chink tablets
>>
>>52088876
rust.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.