[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I fix this shit? Got a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-27 19.34.30.jpg (328 KB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-27 19.34.30.jpg
328 KB, 1885x1060
How the fuck do I fix this shit? Got a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 with an external DVD burner and FreeDOS. This is what happens when I try to boot and install Win7.
>>
>>52085915
get into the BIOS and disable AHCI/RAID, retry the install
>>
#1 Don't buy "Gaming laptops"

#2 Download the "intel rapid storage driver" put it on a usb key and browse to it then select it.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops/y700-touch-15isk?LinkTrack=Solr
>>
> an external DVD burner and FreeDOS
What the fuck man, just install from a USB flash drive
>>
put it in a different usb port not 3.0
>>
>>52085915
Windows is such a buggy mess
>>
>>52085981
Just tried this, none of the slots read the USB stick and I can't browse it...
>>
What the fuck does FreeDOS have to do with anything?
>>
>>52085915
Stop using ancient WIndows 7. Install 8 or 10.
>>
>>52085915

All you /g/ fags haven't asked if said USB is formatted correctly as a readable boot device.

>Download Rufus.
>GTFO

https://rufus.akeo.ie/
>>
>>52086492
Poo in loo Prajeep.
>>
>>52086494

>an external DVD burner

>said USB is formatted correctly
>>
>>52085915
install gentoo
>>
>>52086494
Yeah, it's a DVD and I've successfully used it before.
>>
>>52086979

did it comes with a driver cd?
>>
try unplugging the dvd drive if you're installing from USB
>>
>>52085915
Just had this problem before christmas, Win7 doesn't come with USB3.0 drivers, so it can read it's own bootdisk once booted, use USB2.0 if you have, or CD, if none are available, install Win10 and join the botnet
>>
>>52086996
Nope, it's just a pirated Windows 7 DVD.

>>52087023
Tried, still doesn't recognize the USB3.0 or 2.0's slots...

>>52087060
I think I have USB2.0, but the problem remains... is Win10 the only option at this stage?
>>
>>52087164

what model external is it? I will locate t he drivers and you can load them up at that screen to use the disc with that drive.
>>
Had the same problem when installing 10 from usb, turned out to be an issue with the disk itself
I formated the drive and burned the installer image again, worked

Also never buy goyiming laptops
>>
>>52087373
Problem is that it doesn't read any USB sticks in any slots once it gets to this stage... should I just installed some other OS and overwrite it afterwards?

>>52087957
Tried 2 different disks that have worked before. I'll try with a bootable usb stick but my hopes are pretty low...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.