[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can i learn game programming from internet? im really intrested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
how can i learn game programming from internet?
im really intrested in the topic and i want to learn
>>
bump because nothing
>>
>>52085688
https://www.codecademy.com/
now get the fuck out
>>
>>52085688
Find some o'reilly books on what you want to learn.
>>
Use google if you cant find it yourself youre not capable of becoming a game dev
>>
>>52086246
this
>>
>>52085688
If you can't search it on Google you can't handle making a game
>>
codecademy.com to introduce you to all the programming languages and what they are for.

Pick a language to become pro at. I recommend Python. Then read ALL the books on it. Go look at the nostarchpress website and download torrents or free pdf's of all there game making books for python.... GETHEFUCK OUT NOOB
>>
Off topic, kinda. Why no googel users? Asking this and asking that. It's faster and easier to google then wait for shitposts here. g is for entertainment mainly. Discuss.
>>
U should learn to code in general at first to understand what happens in the game tutorials. When u learned enough, you even could do it on ur own by starting with something small like tic tackle toe and not something like the next Battery Field or COD. :p
>>
>>52090693
fuck off underage
>>
>>52090693
>:p
13 year old detected
>>
>>52090693
> and not something like the next Battery Field or COD
>the next Battery Field
>Battery Field

kek'd
>>
File: image-773266.jpg (82 KB, 506x662) Image search: [Google]
image-773266.jpg
82 KB, 506x662
>>52085808
Found one. Now can I into make games?
>>
>>52085688
>cgpeers.com
Good luck
>>
Start with learning linear algebra
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>52087799
>>52085715

NEVER use codecademy. You dont learn SHIT from spoonfed examples of interpreted languages like javascript and python.
>>
>>52091165

Underrated post.

Most video game dweebs dont realise they need to actually understand and apply 3-dimensional mathematics for developing meme video games.
>>
>>52091291
Or you can use Unity
>>
I've taken the path of learning to p program and make art for games along ago. About two years.

Learn Python with learnpythonthehardway.com and then make something with pygame. Then learn c# and make shit with unity. And then finally, move on to the unreal engine and use c++. I've been applying to places after being self taught and there's this one place that seems interested in having me intern. They use unreal and C++ though. I'm finding the transition from unity to unreal to not be so bad. Out of the two, I would personally say go unity then unreal. To each their own though.

To keep it simple:
Learn Python and use pygame to make games

Learn c# and use unity to make games. You'll also need to learn a 3D package at this point. Blender is free and you can use blender guru and cgcookie to get ya goin.

Learn c++ and make shit with unreal

Do whatever you want and see where life takes you. I got an art portfolio together and even have my own website advertising my skills. Heck, I even got a demo reel now. It was not easy and I was a neet the entire time of my training. Now I'm at the point where I'm trying to get a job with my skills. I think it would be also good to consider just what your future plans are. Making games is great but it's not gonna magically pay the bills.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.