[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define 'skid'. Why are script kiddies bad? Does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1451145458213.jpg (68 KB, 988x688) Image search: [Google]
1451145458213.jpg
68 KB, 988x688
Define 'skid'.
Why are script kiddies bad? Does it not take a formidable background in software engineering to know what your code does? Scripts and game hacks aren't amazingly difficult, but cover topics only taught in colleges and universities, where they expect you to have a decent foundation.

So, why do we hate script kiddies again?
>>
they're usually 12 year olds who don't know what they're doing or the consequences of it.

They're "hacking" to try and be 1337 but really have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
>>
Definition of a script kiddie, "using pre-defined/ written scripts to crack security measures" literally using someone elses work because they are to dumb to write their own code. Which is why actual crackers look down on them. They don't do any of the work.
>>
>>52085943
that's retarded. why would you have write everything yourself if it already exists?
>>
>>52086034
You are retarded. This is exactly why we had script kiddies. They are retarded.
>>
File: mr_robot_tv_review_usa.jpg (181 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
mr_robot_tv_review_usa.jpg
181 KB, 670x377
>>52085943
Your definition is too autistic
Everyone uses premade skripts
From 12 year-old skids to veteran security professionals.
A script kiddy is someone.who doesn't know what they are doing they just follow guides and run programs.
Kids who just run loic to drop minecraft servers but couldn't tell you what ddos stands for is a script kiddy.
>>
>>52084110
>where can I find the software to hack
>>
>>52084110
software engineering is a worthless degree, get CS if you want to learn to hack.
>>
ask a grey hat hacker anything
>>
>>52084110
>Why are script kiddies bad?
Because research is valued and applying isn't. Especially for blue team.
>Does it not take a formidable background in software engineering to know what your code does?
You're misunderstanding this stuff. People labled as script kiddies (assuming they're correctly label'd) generally do not have sufficient knowledge to create their own things.

I'm pretty annoyed with the emphasis that is put on age because there's plenty of non kid-people who are script kiddies.

I do think a lot of people incorrectly synonymize hubris with "script kid".

But yeah there's nothing bad about learning, which Is what I think you're trying to get across.
>>
>>52087786
Why so grey? Whats holding you back?
>>
>>52087859
the world isn't black and white

morality is subjective
>>
>>52087786
Sperglord
>>
>>52084110

I think every hacker* (blah blah hackers don't call them themselfes hacker, so insert phreaker/cracker/whatever as you wish) started somehow as a script kiddie.

It's just a.. state. Personally I have nothing against "chargin up malaysia" and so on..

But let me put it this way:
If someone took the music you were listening to with 13 and played it on a party, would you still cheer or would you be embarased about that bad taste?
>>
>>52087881
>>52087881
Trying way too hard dude
>>
>>52085943
when you code your """hacks""" you don't use any libraries?
>>
>>52086034
>Do you buy pre-built pc's. I mean, someone already did the work for you.

Same retarded logic. Script kiddies don't want to learn or try to do something for themselves.
>>
ok, so this thread is people who just try to be cool trying to justify how uncool they actually are so they can feel like they are ironically cool

but they arent
>>
>>52086034
underrated
>>
>>52089856
underrated
>>
>>52086337
why does every hacker on tv have to be portrayed as some emotionally unstable cuckhold
>>
File: Toast.jpg (72 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
Toast.jpg
72 KB, 460x300
>>52089882
>>52089942
underrated toast
>>
>>52089995
Because they are.
>>
>>52086034
They don't though. If you are doing security research, and you find a bug in something, you would need to write a proof of concept yourself.
>>
>>52084110
script kiddie is when someone don't understand a code so bad that he can't even grasp basic concept or fix it when it fails.

There is nothing wrong with using someone else's code when you understand how it works.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.