[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ :) Ive been using Ubuntu for some time but im interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: thumb1.png (211 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
thumb1.png
211 KB, 600x375
Hi /g/ :)
Ive been using Ubuntu for some time but im interested in Arch. I can see they are very different, but i want to learn to use Arch. I dont have much time because of the university and projects and i cant see how long will it take me to learn Arch so help me /g/
How much time do you need to learn to use Arch?
How much is Arch better then Ubuntu?
And tell me other things you know, that may help me :)
>>
Read the arch wiki. Retard.
>>
>>52081493
why the fuck do you retards start a new thread.

Fuck off to stupid questions general (whatever) and then fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1384438279025.png (114 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1384438279025.png
114 KB, 224x216
>Hi /g/ :)
>help me :)
>>
Op here:
Fuck all of you retards that think they are smart, because they know programming etc.. My guess is that non of you that replied here knows anything big...
Yes i know about arch wiki, but i dont know how time will it take me to learn how to use it complety... I need to use c, c++, c#, java, php, sql, so it will take me some time to see what IDEs are on arch for those and other things... So thats why i talked to you about it, how much time did take you to get into arch?
>>
>no time to read wiki
how u plan to find time to install arch if u got no time to read wiki? you are retarded go back to reddit
>>
>>52082262
fag, i had time to read it... im reading it right now... but i dont know how much time will it take me to do instal it, copy all files, inastal software etc...
>>
>>52082013
>>52082292
>Boot architect iso
>Follow steps
>Done

Then just remember that you use "Pacman -Ss <program>" instead of "apt-get install <program>" and you're done
>>
One more thing that i dont understand, is why most of 4chan loves saying fag go back to... kill yourself... when im asking politly, be fucking polite.... i dont need stupid answers...
>>
>>52082320
thanks for starters :)
>>
>>52082292
omg rly its like 3 commands do u have a government appointed guardian to wipe ur drool and write for u too u mongoloid xD
>>
>>52082350
i didnt understand you xDDD i only understand u mongoloid :P ...
>>
File: ctfu.png (18 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
ctfu.png
18 KB, 120x120
>>52082369
ctfu
>>
>How much time do you need to learn to use Arch?
Honestly, not that much; as long as you have the time to read the wiki and google.

>How much is Arch better then Ubuntu?
This depends upon what you want from your OS, if you want everything to "just work", go with Ubuntu; but if you prefer a bleeding edge OS where you may need to fix something yourself one or two times, go Arch.

>And tell me other things you know, that may help me :)
Asking /g/ for help usually ends terribly. I reccomend you get used to googling and reading the wiki if you decide to install Arch.
>>
>>52082013
Are u on your period?
>>
>>52082386
You have a beer from me man :)
Yes i want bleeding edge OS because not working, waitng for something, or OS mistakes and bugs pisses me off... Also i want something that i can config, because i will get better performances :)
For other /g/ users that think they are BIG DEAL, you arent... If you want to help , help if you dont, then dont but dont write shit...
>>
>>52082411
hahahahhahahah you made me laugh... But srsl fuck off...
>>
>>52082424
Ah, okay. How experienced are you with Linux at the moment?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 403x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 403x312
>this entire thread
>>
>>52082013
>IDEs
stopped reading
>>
>>52082441
well i have used it about a year now, but i used windows in that time too because of the collage and because they force windows like programs...
>>
>>52082424
ba fututi gura matii tu esti roman nu? numai un roman poate fii atat de idiot
>>
>>52082435
That seems a like a yes to me.
>>
>>52081493
>he fell for the meme
:^)
>>
>>52082482
:D
>>
>>52082386
>asking /g/ for help usually ends terribly
It's because he's not doing it right. Should make some controversial statement because cucks on here argue about anything.
>arch installer is shit, it can't even do x and y
that'll get you a shitstorm of shills ">what is ... ", "wow look at this faggot he can't type ..." etc.
>>
>>52081658
>not getting the point of image boards
>>
>>52082519
:)
>>
>>52081493

I use Arch. The real benefit is the lack of bloat, and the constant updates.

Otherwise it's still a painfully simply system to use. You won't learn much from it unless you refuse to install a file manager.
>>
>>52082469
Man IDEs are your friend... :\ why refuse the help they provide... :)
>>
>>52082576
Something tells me this is b8... :D
>>
>>52082013
Just read the Arch wiki. It's literally the easiest thing ever.
>>
i use arch because it's simpler to use than ubuntu
>>
>>52082624

It's not bait.

I use Arch without a GUI, but have i3 and openbox installed for the times I need one. You don't need a bunch of experience to use Arch.
>>
File: :D.jpg (21 KB, 842x550) Image search: [Google]
:D.jpg
21 KB, 842x550
>:)
>XD
>:/
>:D
>:p
>>
>>52082664
Wtf, are you on a console browser?
>>
>>52082664
xD ok then thanks :) i will try it out :)
>>
>>52082678

Currently mobile. I'll boot into i3 and use chromium occasionally, but w3m does just fine for Google searches.
>>
>>52082670
haahhahaahahhahahahahhahahahaahaha :D
>>
>>52082757
This is an SFW board.
>>
>>52082818
this pic is SFW :)
>>
>>52082843
if I looked at that at work I would be fired.
>>
>>52082478
ce plm ati invadat 4chanu? cum v-a mers sa mergeti mai departe de yahu mess si fb? o fi evolutie?
>>
File: arch.png (372 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
arch.png
372 KB, 840x700
>>52081493
Arch is not a desktop OS, it is a pain to work with. I installed it and immediately regretted as it offered me nothing exceptional over my Xubuntu installation.

If you want to learn quickly how to install, look for Youtube videos on installing Arch Linux.

Fuck the Wiki, it is written by autistic faggots with improper instructions and missing steps.
>>
>>52082971

>babby is angwee becuz he didn't use Architect :^)
>>
>>52082984
I don't need to. I have already noted down the proper steps for my hardware. I am going to convert it into a script if possible for personal use.

What annoyed me is the hype surrounding this stupid distro, it is just like any other Linux.
>>
>>52082880
well sorry for that, but i didnt know how to say thank you :)
>>
>>52083004

You wouldn't have to do as much work if you used Architect. The most you'd have to do is find out what video driver you need, and then everything can be added in after installation.

And welcome to Linux, where every distribution is the same, except for a couple caveats like package managers. What did you expect?
>>
>>52083056
I wanted to do it manually at least once to enlarge my e-peen.
>>
>>52082971
Maybe you should learn how to read first?
>>
>>52083066

You'd have to install Gentoo then, not Arch
>>
>>52083107

No, not Gentoo, Linux From Scratch
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.