[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1441866825756.png (15 KB, 343x383) Image search: [Google]
1441866825756.png
15 KB, 343x383
Discuss.
>>
True in my case, but programming is more fun anyway. So it's a win win in my book.
>>
Op is a faggot.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test#Median_score_by_profession

Same Wonderlic scores.
>>
Probably, but they're still pretty high on the IQ scale. You don't always need to be in the 99th percentile (or close to it) to have a decent career.
>>
File: 1441866825754.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1441866825754.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>52077128
Uncalled for, I didn't do anything to you.
>>
>>52077100
Computer science is basically math but with a good job outlook.
>>
>>52077140
You only need an IQ slightly above average to live a pretty comfortable life. Richard Feynman only had an IQ of 123 and he was one of the most respected scientists of the 20th century. Compare him to those child geniuses with 160+ IQs you see on the news and tell me who was more accomplished?
>>
This is a shitpost with no facts presented to back it up. What is there to discuss?
>>
File: Edsger_Wybe_Dijkstra.jpg (297 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Edsger_Wybe_Dijkstra.jpg
297 KB, 1024x1365
>>52077100
Edsger W. Dijkstra

Dijkstra is rolling in his grave with all of these code monkeys running around these days.

LOOK AT HIS FUCKING FACE
>>
>>52077100
This is true in my case

>tfw probably too stupid for CS as well
>>
>>52077199
>Richard Feynman

nobody vs nobodies.

hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>52077199

Struth. You can write flawless code and an amazing program but it can still be useless compared to a program that properly utilizes its function.
>>
File: 1444110283711.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1444110283711.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>mfw the more complex my creations are the more necessary and valuable i become
>>
> Computer science
> Too stupid for math

ITT: Retarded engineers
>>
my computer engineering classes are definitely harder than the computer science electives ive taken however i find that computer science classes are more enjoyable and less painful, and it seems that the world is moving towards more abstraction and more computer science roles.
>>
>>52077100
>Computer Science
>Mathematics

Literally the same thing.
>>
why state what's obvious
>>
Yeah math is what I wouldve done if I was smarter. Compsci is funner than I thought it would be anyway
>>
>>52077100
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) Master Race reporting in.
CS fags in my country have more easy calc. class and less statistics classes focusing on engineering/wider real world applications.
Only we got the engineering math class they simply have calc.
CS is a walk in the park degree at BSc level, only the people too stupid for babby level shit drop out.
Imho engineering is also more interesting with a very wide area of applications and more importantly you can work with (applied physics) and it requires a great intuition to do properly (shitty engineers yelling at technicians who can't design anything don't count), although I know people who love "pure" CS more. CS is very useful though and cool especially if you pair it with other shit (engineering).
TL;DR If you can only do CS on an average level you shouldn't feel like some badass it's pretty easy to achieve.
Related:
Pure math fags usually don't understand how shit works and they're pretty useless in making things work.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.