[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /g/ is not my tech support, but I'm really at a loss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-26_21-38-02.png (67 KB, 919x602) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_21-38-02.png
67 KB, 919x602
I know /g/ is not my tech support, but I'm really at a loss.
My computer recenlty started not shutting down. I turn it off on windows, it starts shutting down, exits windows, turns off disks and stops sending signal to my monitors, and then just... keeps going. Fans on, etc.
It also started to stop sending signal to my monitors once in a while, randomly. Sometimes it doesn't want to turn on, it'll power but fans don't spin and disks don't turn.
I suspect it might be my psu or motherboard about to shit itselves, but I'd like a second opinion.
Pic related my specs
>>
Bump?
>>
>>52071017
>My computer
>Windows 10
That is not your computer anymore, anon. The Botnet has taken control over it. Also install Gentoo.
>>
>>52071300
I know, but >muh gaymes
>>
>2550K
Neat.
>>
>Bump
Anyone?
It turned off whitout warning just a few minutes ago, and I could only turn it on after a couple minutes
>>
>>52073658
classic sign of failing power supply

could be power-management firmware being gay; try disabling it. could be drivers; see if it does the same thing on a different drive with a clean install.

you might be SOL, there champ
>>
>>52073729
I did reinstall windows after it started doing this, so I think drivers are not doing it
Undoing the OC on the CPU didn't seem to help

I know that if my psu fries, it could take everything with it to the grave, but what can my motherboard take with it if it fries?
>>
>>52073729
This.
Could also just be a shit battery.
>>
Unplug everything out the psu and mobo then plug back in
>>
>>52074363
I did that yesterday, unplugged everything, cleaned, and put it back together. Worked fine for a while, but it started acting up again today
>>
>>52073842
well, the last time the caps in my motherboard exploded, it took out 1/2 my ram, and the on-board hard-drive controllers. . .
>>
What PSU do you have?
>>
>>52075570
Cx500
>>
>>52076198
how old is it?
>>
>>52071017
I had this problem too. I ignored it then changed case and discovered the motherboard made contact with the case that caused the problem. Reinstall motherboard make sure standoffs are placed.
>>
>>52076292
3 years
>>
>>52076418
so maybe that's the problem
>>
>>52076418
Not the cx500m?
>>
>>52071017
Test it on a non static desk, outside te case.
>>
>>52076465
No
>>
As others said, it's the power supply. It's rare for drivers or a dead motherboard battery to cause those kind of issues but it is possible. Personally I'd just buy a new PSU and be done with it.
>>
>>52076534
Lol it can be anything. He need to do more testing or risk buying stuff he does not need.
>>
>>52076534
Yeah and buy something better than a power supply that can deliver only 4/5 of its total power on the 12V and uses SamXon caps all over the place
>>
>>52076587
It's going to end up being the PSU 95% of the time.

Or waste hours of your life testing to come to the same conclusion.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.