[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: 1450995351407.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1450995351407.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread

If you have any GNU/Linux related questions, ask in the friendly linux thread
>>>/g/flt
>>
>>52068319
bls
>>
oh god i died just now
>>
I've got an 21:9 LG monitor right now, and got some money recently. I am considering buying a second screen for watching movies/browsing web. For what size should I be going for, considering that I don't want a surround setup?
>>
I want to buy an 240GB SSD, what make would you go for /g/?
>>
my phone basically refuses to load WebM's when I'm on wifi, despite getting nearly 10Mbps speeds, but it will load them fairly quickly on mobile network
My desktop and laptop load WebM's on the same network fine
Anything I can do to fix this?
>>
>>52068551
Samsung
>>52068534
I would personally go for around 24"
>>
>>52068489
>dat webm

I fucking lost it
>>
How do I check where my Windows boot loader is?
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
108 KB, 1920x1080
>>52068474
I copied a movie over (it's one that I already watched on the har drive so I know it's good) and VLC says it can't play it. Also, I just checked the properties and it say the files is 0 mb, when it is actually around 2 GB.
>>
>>52068509
maybe check OC reviews on the card

>>52068534
I love the 1200x1920 for portrait. Since you don't have to sidescroll. It's shit for movies though.

Honestly it depends on your taste. If you need something big for watching movies get something big.

>>52068551
Either get an 850 EVO or BX100. Both not super amazing, but fast enough, good value and warranty.
If you have plenty of money to spare obviously go for a more expensive drive, you won't see any benefits in real world applications though.

And I've been a hater on TLC for the longest time, but it's fine I have multiple VMs running on a 850 EVO in my server. (have backups of them obviously)

>>52068554
check the standard your router is broadcasting in. Maybe it supports something better. Did you check the network speed on the phone?
>>
File: hopefullynotameme.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hopefullynotameme.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Is there anything special I should know when shopping for an amp?

Was thinking about pic related for run with two mb42x's I got for Christmas.
>>
>>52068633
>Did you check the network speed on the phone?
Yea
What do you mean by router standard?
>>
>>52068660
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

but that's not likely to be the problem since your network speed is fine. What browser are you using? Have you reinstalled it? Have you checked in another browser?

>>52068638
Well it makes a difference, google reviews about it.
>>
That crib is clearly not assembled properly, it's not even attached right on one side.
>>
Is there some sort of device where I can stream what I'm playing on my PC to another TV in the house? Like a "wireless" HDMI cable so to speak, where I get a copy of what's happening on my monitor?

I'd like to open up a movie and be able to watch it in a another room in the house without a 500ft long cable.
>>
>>52068708
Chrome, Chrome Dev, Firefox and I also tried to watch WebM's through the VLC app.
Nothing worked
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 1298x318) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 1298x318
>>52068604
in disk management look for these.
>>
>>52068751
yea there are wireless HDMI kits, they're fairly cheap too
>>
>>52068751
chromecast
>>
>>52068751
Yes there is wireless HDMI, but you'd also want to control the output on the device on the couch wouldn't you?
There is also USB and HDMI over ethernet, which you can connect over Ethernet over AC.

But honestly it will be cheaper and much nicer to just get a Raspberry PI with Kodi and access the movies over SMB shares. Also you have the added benefits of just using a remote. Which would just slightly more expensive than HDMI over Wifi and give you a bunch of additional features and functions.

>>52068769
Sorry I have no idea anymore.
>>
>>52068554
Assign your phone a static IP or if it has one already switch to DHCP
>>
What are the dangers of buying a used gpu off ebay?
>>
>>52068887
Next to none. Especially with GPUs, buying used is always incredible good value. I always did this when I didn't have money. Never had a single issue.
Just look at the rating of the seller.
>>
>>52068786
Thanks.
>>
>>52068873
nope, didn't work
>>
File: 1111122223331131.png (130 KB, 1164x763) Image search: [Google]
1111122223331131.png
130 KB, 1164x763
r8
>>
I'm tech illiterate, even then I know the difference between a h97 and z97 board. What I don't understand is the difference between two z97 mobo because of all the buzzwords.
>>
>>52069133
that's okay.
you really have to compare the specifications one by one to get the differences.
>>
I have 14 GB free on my Windows 10 laptop and I want to shrink the partition by some amount, but I can't. Diskpart says even 8GB is too big. I want to install Linux on my laptop, but I can't find a way to make space. Any tips? >>52068887
Only have had positive experience, craigslist even good.
>>
>>52068489
someone got that link of a troll in apple forums, telling that his iwatch was bruning his fist, but he really liked the idea and found awesome to be able to see the time without taking out his iphone from his pocket ?
>>
>>52069151
ignore, working now.
Anyway to add on to buying used GPUs, people typically sell hardware they have no use for is the trend I've noticed at least.
>>
is there any way to download video from Amazon Prime Instant Video? I tried RTMPDumpHelper but with no luck. Anyone got ideas?
>>
Is this a good cintiq alternative?

http://www.amazon.com/Yiynova-MVP22U-V3-Monitor-IPS/dp/B00OGNYTC2

all the alternative cintiq monitors use uc-logic drivers and I heard that Yiynova uses them most efficiently.
>>
File: 1441079403187.jpg (216 KB, 1021x764) Image search: [Google]
1441079403187.jpg
216 KB, 1021x764
Iv'e been running a pirated version of Windows 7 and its all im used to. I dont use my comp much other than occasional gaming//might go to college for code. I want to get a legit operating system, what do you guys recommend/should avoid? Thanks
>>
Are USB 3.0 Hard Drive connectors compatible with USB 2.0 ports?
>>
>>52068489
How much does T-Mobile throttle after reaching the data cap? I have a 2gb plan and I was wondering to what speed and latency it would drop to. All i'm getting is outdated forum posts so I need some place concrete.
>>
>>52069375
Yes, USB is backwards compatible.
>>
>>52069364

Keep it.
>>
Why don't sony use linux on the ps4 instead of bsd?

also if the ps4 did run linux and games were developed for it, how difficult would it be to port them to non ps4 linux?
>>
>>52069364
Gnu+linux
>>
>>52069364

The easiest ride for a windows user is kubuntu. It has everything but its slow.

If you go to college use linux. It's a pain to get into but it's an invaluable tool.

If you want to keep gaming windows 10 is sadly the only choice.
>>
File: 71T0LrQID9L._SX466_.jpg (8 KB, 466x312) Image search: [Google]
71T0LrQID9L._SX466_.jpg
8 KB, 466x312
Can you reassign extra mouse buttons through third party software or other means?

For example, Logitech has its own software for its mice and you can program all the buttons to any key.

But Zowie does not, afaik the extra mouse buttons can only be assigned in games as mouse3 and mouse4. Is it possible to make those buttons useful in normal desktop use?
>>
>>52069456
autohotkey
>>
>>52069456

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

X-Mouse Button Control is a free tool for Windows that allows you to re-configure and expand the capabilities of your mouse.
>>
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 974x547) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46 KB, 974x547
>>52069279
nvm, found it
>pic related
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7011971?tstart=0
>>
>>52069410
Other OS that bad?
>>52069431
>>52069448
Iv'e always been a little scared of diving into ubuntu/linux. I base this fear off of ignorance though, but I always had questions about compatibility when it came to those.

All info appreciated
>>
>>52068489
Is there a launcher for Android that allows for a vertical scrolling home screen? I like the slipping l scrolling of windows phone.
>>
>>52069576
Dual boot. Keep the Windows 7 install for gaming and as a safety net.
>>
>>52069514

actually, scratch that. The website said free but the code isn't available. This makes our Dear Lord Stallman mad.
>>
What is a good hypervisor to emulate Solaris 10 x86 on? Would KVM just be the best?
>>
How do I fix the Windows 10 issue where programs don't switch properly and come to the front when clicked on in the taskbar?

Please, I'd really appreciate the help. Google hasn't given me much.
>>
Need to replace gaymen mouse been using the death adder for about 4 years. last 6 months the scroll wheel broke and I repaired it once already, and figured might as well replace it.

Any good comfy mouse to use that has the forward back button on the thumb side?

>>52069380
it gets pretty unusable for anything other than text based content.

iirc once my limit was hit I would slow down from like 10mbs to 0.1 or less
>>
I need to upload ~10TB of data and then download it the next day. What is a solution that is fast and won't throttle speeds?
>>
Does anyone know why alt-click to save is not working in Firefox developers edition?

I've already changed the setting in about:config but its still not working
>>
>>52070029
torrent or ftp
>>
I need to create new monitor setup from scratch. I'll use it for movies first, programming / web second, games third.

From what I've seen on various /bst/ pictures, I think I would like a single 40 inch screen the best (Philips BDM4065UC seems like the only choice). Am I about to fall for a meme? Any suggestions on a better setup? 21:9? 3 x 27"?
>>
File: 23448.jpg (55 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23448.jpg
55 KB, 1920x1080
I've never really had a high end Laptop, but on the Cheaper ones I did have the Battery would turn to shit within a year or two and soon after it wouldn't even last 2 or 3 hours.

Is this just a common thing that happens with Laptops? it seems to be in my experience and puts me off Laptops, but my experience isn't really all that much anyway
>>
>>52070029
remove the hard disk with the data and take it with you.

because unless you have a hard disk and internet connection with +150MB/s speed you are not going to make it in a day.

Heck, you aren't even going to make it by copying from disk to disk in one day.
>>
>>52070138
Imagine browsing the web or programming on a 40" 1080p screen. I would advise against using /bst/ as your basis for anything, those are just people trying to show off. Unless you're buying a television, 27" is probably the biggest you should get with monitors, just because of how close to them you are sitting. 21-23" is comfiest in my opinion, but everyoen has different tastes. I would recommend taking some measurements of your desk, then going to a store to see how big each monitor will be on your desk.

>>52070148
Good batteries are expensive so cheap laptops generally will not have good batteries. As a general rule though, maximum battery capacity will go down as your batteries get older.
>>
File: 54353453453.jpg (463 KB, 904x1280) Image search: [Google]
54353453453.jpg
463 KB, 904x1280
What public torrenting sites aren't blocked yet in Britbongistan? Not really bothered about quality, 480p is fine by me. I'm just fed up of buffering.
>>
>>52070163
You misunderstood. All i meant by "the next day" is that i don't need it backed up for a long time.
>>
>>52070214
The philips is 4k, so it's more like four 1080p without bezels doe
>>
Can I buy a decent 17-19" monitor with less than 100€ (ideally the lowest I can go the better)?
>>
>>52070220
I don't know, but you can get around some of the blocks by changing your dns servers
>>
File: 1439895120896.jpg (73 KB, 988x292) Image search: [Google]
1439895120896.jpg
73 KB, 988x292
upgrading the CPU should be all I need, right? The GPU is fairly new, but the CPU is a fucking mystery.
>>
>>52070244
I guess it's up to you then. 40" just seems really big as a monitor.
>>
File: 1439152575426.png (32 KB, 657x454) Image search: [Google]
1439152575426.png
32 KB, 657x454
>>52070326
helps if I link the right thing.
>>
File: 14506149601060.jpg (47 KB, 441x567) Image search: [Google]
14506149601060.jpg
47 KB, 441x567
>>52068489
If my program utilizes WinAPI fucntions, do I own the program or does Microsoft own it, since they wrote its functions and I can't really copyright it?
>>
what's the best VPN for under $10/month?
>>
are the ATH-M50x good headphones for $128? I'm using 5 year old HD555s right now
>>
Can I install CyanogenMod on my Samsung Galaxy Stardust even though it's not officially supported?
>>
Is there anything wrong with buying a WD Blue 2TB hard drive for storing/using music, pictures, movies, anime, etc? I vaguely remember hearing that the recent WD Blues aren't very good.
link for reference: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Desktop-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B013QFRS2S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
Is an R9 380x 4GB a good card? I don't plan to play anything at ultra settings, just decent framerates on games out now and the next few years on a 1080p monitor.
>>
Why can't you record FULL HD/60FPS video on a given phone? I mean I tried multiple camera apps (opencamera and some othe shit) that had a 60 fps setting, and none of them actually worked. Theoretically, could it be solved by flashing a custom version of android on the phone? Do such android versions actually exist?
The phone in question is a Z1 btw, and I believe the hardware should be totally capable of doing it.
>>
>>52070573
encoding 1080p at 60fps live isn't something that a phone is supposed to do, it has no encoder chip and the CPU is probably too slow for that.
>>
>>52070567
It is definitely good enough for your need.

>>52070573
The CPU or storage might be too slow for it.
>>
Should I use the pre-applied compound on my cpu cooler or should I clean it off and use the arctic silver in my drawer from last February?
>>
How the fuck do I apply thermal paste. Everything I'm looking up has conflicting information.
>one guy says not to put much on
>watch another guy who says that you should spread it a little
>another video says spreading is a big fucking no no
>one site says you should use the CPU as quickly as possible so the heat can spread the paste
>another says this doesn't matter
>>
>>52070607
>encoder chip
So phones generally use their encoder chips to encode shit, meaning it is a hardware issue, or are you just guessing around? Cause some phones are able to do it, hell, the Z2 can record 4K and it's just one generation newer than the Z1.

>>52070621
When I said it didn't work I actually meant that it did record video properly, it was just 30 fps according to my eyes and VLC, suggesting it is a software limitation.
>>
>>52070214
Does Maximum Battery capacity go down significantly? I'm on a tablet at that moment and despite nearly 3 or 4 years the battery life is still pretty good. The Laptops would have gone to shit but I assume that isn't the case with the more expensive laptops and they'll remain good for a while?
>>
So I want your opinion (I already asked Google) cause my little brother needs a new TV and my parents want to buy him some 32in trash branded TV (They are looking at a Sceptre).

1. Is a 48in TV too big if the room it is in only allows people to 7-8ft away from the TV? The TV would sit on top of a 3ft high TV stand and the user would be in a chair/bed at ground level. The TV would be used for Gaming/TV

2. Is Vizio still a good brand? I have a Vizio myself, and I am looking at a 48in E-Series for him. but I haven't been on the market for a new TV for awhile.

Google seems to say that they are still decent if you don't want anything special. He really doesn't need anything extravagant, but I will probably buy him a Smart version since it really is only $40 more.
>>
So i got a new SSD since my old one was running out of space. I successfully copied the old drive to the new one, but when I boot I get an error that says "Boot mgr is missing." If I restart and go into BIOS I can see the new drive, choose to boot from it, and it boots up fine with all my old data intact. What do I need to do to get it to boot regularly?
>>
>>52070396
Not a lawyer, but I'd imagine you own the program. If you manufacture a jet engine using proprietary alloys you bought from another company, it doesn't mean that company owns your engine.
>>
>>52070713
Honestly you could do whatever the hell you want and it still would work. The temperature differences between the various methods is minimal, only a couple degrees C. I just use the dot because it's easy and I'm lazy.

>>52070753
It will eventually go down until the battery is no longer to hold a charge, but it varies depending on battery quality and usage. One of my phone's battery was useless (<4 hours of standby) after a year while the next stayed strong two and a half years later.
>>
>>52070713

You don't want to put to much, the reason is that it can conduce heat to other components that are not the cpu dyes.

Spread it on the heatsink and the either spread on the cpu or use the pea method if the dye is square or line method if it's a rectangle. Use a small pea, as I said, you don't want thermal compound anywhere besides the dyes.
>>
>>52070013
so would that be 2G or 3G speeds? I can deal with 3G but 2G really bites.
>>
>>52070850
When you copied the data you did not copy the boot manager, which is a group of data typically located at the start of the drive that points to the specific operating systems' boot processes. You can either clone your old drive onto the new one and that will also copy the boot loader, or you can just reinstall it, which will vary based upon the operating systems you have installed on your computer.
>>
>>52070883
Thanks mate
Thought mobile devices didn't have the problem so was leading towards a tablet but it seems they're the same really
>>
How to get driver compatibility with ubuntu???
>>
>>52070983
Glad to help. Unfortunately battery technology hasn't kept pace with the rest of computers' progress.
>>
Best model of portable hard drives? I just want a 1-2TB drive with maximum reliability.
>>
What are .bin files?
>>
>>52071018
Usually just disc images, like ISOs. Although .bin can be used to dump anything into what is essentially an archive. Just use 7zip to open them.
>>
>>52071018
Binary data. Most I run in to can be viewed with a hex editor.
>>
When using dualscreen how do i make Civ V game window NOT go down when i click on something on the other screen?
>>
>>52068489
Whenever i try to post from clover, after clicking on im not a robot, the app crashes. It only works the first time afted a fresh install. Clues?
>>
What are some opinions on the Apricity OS?
>>
im looking for a screenshot of a thread where some guy gives an 'intro' to hacking. I remember something about a book 'the art of exploitation' and Kali
>>
File: 085 - cKJI690.jpg (402 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
085 - cKJI690.jpg
402 KB, 1333x2000
Does comp on BUT no beep + no post indicate dead mobo?

This is after I reseated everything and tried using only igpu.
>>
>>52070974
hmm, I used the software that came with the drive to clone it already so why wouldn't it copy the boot mgr file correctly? Drive is a samsung 850 evo 240 gb by the way.
>>
File: 1441689069035.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1441689069035.gif
1 MB, 540x540
I asked about the windows.old folder last thread although forgot to add that it also has your old drivers but they're not active/installed though right?
>>
I'm looking to buy a new graphics card, one that's as good as the 970(or r9 290) or better, should I buy one now for around $400? not really looking to spend above $500 on a graphics card, so I was wondering if I should wait for new cards to come out in 2016?
>>
File: 14-121-929-TS.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-121-929-TS.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
Just to be clear.

When a card has a fan that looks like this, it's a "reference" card, and that is a bad thing, right?

Also, assuming I'm right about that, is a non-reference 960 that a bad choice for someone on a budget? The only things I'm really seeing in my price range are 960s and 280(X)
>>
Some girl from work gave me her 'slow' HP Pavilion 15 laptop to 'fix'.

Removed Windows 8 and the manufacturer's bullshit, put pirated Windows 7 instead (her request for Win7).

How can I use the Win 8 product key, to put legit Windows 10 on my machine?
>>
>>52068630
Your copy failed like you were told previously.
>>52069133
Not much. Probably some proprietary on board sound hardware or Ethernet hardware or something. In practicality, all are the same but make sure you check the number of USB and fan headers to what you need.
>>52070148
No, older processors were garbage. Intel started focusing on energy conservation with haswell. Look for a laptop with a iX-XXXXu processor, u indicates ultra low voltage.
>>52070339
Your system is pretty old in everything. Upgrade whatever is best in your budget. I'd go with processor as it'll give you a boost in everything.
>>52070567
More than good.
>>52071303
It's everything from your old installation. Perfectly good to delete if you don't plan on going back or don't have personal files.
>>52071352
Wait if you can, but depends on how bad your current setup is.
>>
>>52071451

its not bad at all.

its just noisy and doesnt cool that well.

expect temps to reach 90c.

but the air gets pushed out of the case instead of inside it. something which isnt a problem if you have decent exhaust fans in the case.
>>
>>52071451
It's a blower design, not necessarily a reference card. Reference cards are blower designs though. Blower designs do tent to run hotter though.

>>52071288
Did you have multiple drives installed when you installed (I assume) Windows? Windows is real shitty with its installation and will write the bootloader onto the bigger hard drive for some reason.
>>
>>52071457
I kind of did this last week, but your situation is more complicated.

I had windows 8 installed, then you go to the windows store and it lets you upgrade to 8.1 for free, and then you go to the windows store again and update to 10 for free.

You I'm guessing could download windows 8 and use the key you have MAYBE, problem is IIRC the manufacture provided keys are sometimes tied to the actual machine or at least the same type of machine.
>>
>>52068489

Is SLI worth it on 2 980's?
>>
>>52071451
Its not bad and is often preferable in small cases where interior air movement is restricted. Blower style with a wayer cooler is god tier though.
>>
How do I change the default font in Win10 from Segoe to Roboto? The registry option can't work at all.
>>
Is there a really simple way to reverse strings in C++? Something like:

myString = "54321";
myString.reverse();
cout << myString; // Outputs 12345
>>
>>52071567
If you have the cash, power and pixels
>>
Does one you guys know a tool that permits you to do some kind of survey ? What I want is :

give data to someone
he will have to sort the data
in the end I want to be able to know how he sorted them.

For example, if you play a videogame where there is various character, I'll give him a list of them, asking him to sort them from the weakest to the most powerful.
If they want to put some characters at the same level, they can of course.

is there a tool that permits such a thing ?
>>
>>52071562
I plan for a fresh install, not an upgrade. I would just use the existing Windows 8.1* key I made note of, to activate my Windows 10.

>problem is IIRC the manufacture provided keys are sometimes tied to the actual machine

This is my issue, how do I solve this?
>>
Is there anything glaringly wrong with this card?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131533

For those that don't want to click the link, it's a "PowerColour TurboDuo R9 280X"
>>
How do I stop Lastpass from automatically filling out username and password fields as soon as I load a page?
>>
File: snip.png (4 KB, 276x138) Image search: [Google]
snip.png
4 KB, 276x138
>>52071722
>>
File: gervais.jpg (2 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
gervais.jpg
2 KB, 125x83
>>52070607
Buy crapple and ditch lagdroid for an actually decent device.
>>
>>52071780
That stops it from filling out any of the fields if I specifically click on one of the things in the vault for it to take me to that page.

When I type any webpage into the address bar and go there, how do I stop it from filling out the fields in just this circumstance?
>>
>>52068489
Once I buy a new SSD and transfer everything onto it, can I empty the old SSD and sell it used?
>>
>>52071937
I don't see why not?

Just make sure to use ATA Secure Erase or something like that to make sure the data is gone.
>>
I have the option of downloading the tar ball of an Android app. What exactly is a tar ball anyway? It's the code, right? How do you compile?
>>
>>52070754
Anyone?
>>
Do modern laptops support legacy BIOS mode?
>>
>>52072122
Tar ball is a compression format, like zip
>>
I'm having troubles with Firefox 43:

Whenever i try to open a youtube video the HTML5 player crash, reload the page and swich to the flash player, this is solved by setting media.fragmented-mp4.gmp.enabled to FALSE but that causes WebMs to shit the bed.
Moreover the music player of Bandcamp.com doesn't work at all.

I'm using Lubuntu if that can help
>>
File: 1441155136112.jpg (21 KB, 399x391) Image search: [Google]
1441155136112.jpg
21 KB, 399x391
Best Android Rom?
>>
>>52072262
ios
>>
>>52072262
gentoo
>>
>>52072268
>>52072306
trolling belongs to /b/ guys

>>52072262
ubuntu touch
>>
File: 1379931335917.png (316 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
1379931335917.png
316 KB, 425x450
>>52072268
>>52072306
>>52072344
fampaitachis pls
i dont want to read xda
>>
For some reason on my T420's keyboard the @ symbol is assigned to where " is and vice versa.
How to fix?
>>
How the fuck do I root my phone? I can't find a recent guide anywhere.

I don't think I want a custom ROM yet. Can anyone give me a good link?
>>
>>52071521
yeah I do have multiple drives, one being an old HDD thats much bigger than the two SSD's. SHould I try to do the clone again with no other drives installed?
>>
What are the brands to avoid when getting an HDD?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (288 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
288 KB, 1600x1200
I want to build a pc with dual xeon x5450. I picked the best suited motherboard (pic related) and the cpu/ram. Now I do know that it doesn't come with a cooling solutions so i'll have to find an lga771 cooler, which is pretty rare and I cant find it. Any idea/suggestions? I'd be interested in a bit of overclocking too.

Also, does the motherboard fit a standard atx case or do I have to get something special for it?
>>
I got infected with some adware i scanned and removed the virus with Malwarebytes but i still don't belie that i am 100% virus free and i want to reinstall my windows is there any way to save some of my files ?
>>
My mouse stops responding, the light is still on. Sometimes it makes the sound when you unplug a USB device, lighton but mouse still not working.

Tried with another mouse. Same thing but it was also waaaay slow.

Tried reinstalling the USB controllers, tried reinstalling USB 3.0 drivers. Tried front and back ports.
It can only be fixed if I switch from a USB 2.0 to a USB 3.0 port.

What the fuck, it's obviously something wrong with my USB controllers, cause tablet stopped responding too.
How do I go about this, any directions on fixing this issue? It's driving me crazy.

Win7 64bit
>>
>>52072465
change keyboard language in OS. The English layout has the @ where " is on German layout.

>>52072574
most of the time it's an exploit and very specific to the phone you have.

>>52072754
holy shit dude, you have no idea at all what you are doing, aren't you?

There's no overclocking at all with Xeons, since overclocking is a consumer feature and doesn't belong in anything Server.

Secondly since it's a dell server board you most likely need the original heatsinks, which sucks when you are not using it in a server case. So you will have to ghetto rig fans somehow to these heatsinks since they don't have one in a server case.

And no it's not standard ATX, you will be lucky if you find a few screws that match and find a fuckhuge case that is large enough. See the point with fans. Easiest way is to get rack mount case since that will cover CPU cooling as well, after you've found the heatsinks. Also it will be loud as fuck, so I hope you have some place where it won't drive you insane.

Lastly x5450 are a really bad idea, since they will gobble up electricity for no reason at all, you'd be much better off with a modern CPU or low power CPUs like the L5xxx.

You didn't even try to google any of this did you?

>>52072856
you can safe all files and you should be fine. reinstalling windows is also a very good idea.

>>52072716
Seagate.

For reliability it's pretty much HGST > WD > Toshiba >>>> Seagate
For speed, pretty much Seagate > Toshiba > WD = HGST.

Avoid seagate like the plague. On the plus side I get tons of 3TB Seagates for backups of my server work since they are just flying out of the SAN arrays.
>>
>>52073022
Keyboard language is in US layout.
>>
>>52073075
well, have you tried another English layout just to check if you have the same issue with that?
>>
Is kingroot or any one touch rooter safe? I don't have a clue. I read somewhere about sending IEME somewhere.
>>
>>52073124
If you have no idea what you are doing, why would you mess with your phone?

You don't sound like the person that should be rooting his phone.
>>
Will a wireless mouse create noticavle input lag?
Answer quick in Best Buy now
>>
>>52072582
If you have a Windows installation CD or USB you can boot in to that, then run
bootrec /fixboot
and
bootrec /fixmbr
from the command prompt and it will fix it, it is probably the only way to get the new disk working aside from reinstalling windows.
>>
>>52073146
Yes, if you play games, else not really if you get a GOOD mouse.
>>
>>52068489
i installed a program and it put a shortcut on my desktop, i can delete all the shortcuts on my desktop but the broken one that was put there by the program. when i try to rename it windows explorer crashes and i cant put it in the recycle bin at all

im about to install linux fuck wangblows
>>
>>52073174
Which program?
>>
>>52073094
It was originally in UK English when I first noticed the problem.
>>
I want to root my phone but there is no documentation, I don't think anyone has yet.
Where do I go for help? I don't know a lot about phones.
>>
>>52073180
fps creator x10
i pirated it for shits and giggles
>>
>>52073191
>I don't know a lot about phones.

You probably should not be the one blazing this trail then.
>>
Do you guys update your windows or not ? Also why ?
>>
>>52073180
probably malware.

>>52073174
>hating on windows because of his own stupidity
Linux won't protect you from being a retard though. So you may want to reconsider. Besides there is the powershell exactly for cases like that.
>>
>>52073201
press f5 on desktop
restart computer
restart explorer.exe

>>52073205
No, because it's pirated
>>
File: 1448784582038.jpg (101 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1448784582038.jpg
101 KB, 500x666
>>52073204
Give up then? ;_;
I've rooted phones before following instructions, Is it that hard to figure out?
>>
>>52073225
he can just Remove-Item in powershell though.
>>
>>52073225
that worked anon thanks
>>
>>52073265
Which one of the 3?
>>
>>52073276
pressing f5
>>
>>52073022
Shit mang i've seen a few of those x5450 in cpuz threads that were overclocked to 4ghz, I guess it only works if you make use of the lga775-771 mod. Fuck I knew it there would've been huge problems

I have to do the lga775-771 mod then
>>
Someone tell me about the Toshiba x300 drives. I can only find reviews for the previous line.
>>
I downloaded a bios update from the Asus website for my laptop (Asus Q550lf) But when I start to flash my bios it tells me it's not the right model. What do?
>>
>>52073362
Lotta loyalty for a storage drive.
>>
>>52073225
I cracked mine wiht KMSPico and i don't remember having any trouble updating
>>
>>52073347
what are you trying to achieve anyway?

If you want it as a gaming platform you are better off with any modern CPU, even if you'd get them to run at 4 Ghz.

>>52073362
no idea, I just know if you go toshiba you want the MD-Drives (4TB, 5TB and 6TB)

>>52073388
then it's not the right model. Why do you want to update it anyway? Is something not working?
>>
Hi senpai, I'm trying to write an app that connects to a python process and reads a single character.
http://pastebin.com/yun6tCqB here is my python and the function that gets called on a button press. the app crashes when I call this function. I'm relatively skilled with python, ok at android dev, and completely new to networks. pls send help :'(
>>
>>52073479
You should go into a programming thread or something, your question is certainly not stupid and I doubt you will find an answer here.
>>
>>52073440
>MD-Drives
what does this mean exactly? I was going to buy the 4TB one
>>
>>52073205
Currently updating it right now.
Doing it because I fell for the Thinkpad meme and need a million drivers and 3DP is unable to fulfill my needs.
>>
File: overheating.png (41 KB, 775x499) Image search: [Google]
overheating.png
41 KB, 775x499
This is probably a stupid question but I guess that's the point of the thread. My pc has been overheating lately but nothing real big, I tried reapplying thermal paste the other day and now when I play games the pc has shut off due to heat. I think it's getting up to around 90. Did I fuck up? How can I make my pc less hot? Do I need to try reapplying the thermal paste again?.
Google has not helped at all.

This is idle temps too. Sometimes it'll get as low as 50 degrees and then shoot up to 80. I don't get it.
>>
File: 14135513.jpg (11 KB, 299x101) Image search: [Google]
14135513.jpg
11 KB, 299x101
Does anyone know why the "new posts" number on the browser tab doesn't reset anymore when you scroll down to the bottom of the page?

Is this a deliberate change and is there a way of fixing it?

Pic related.
>>
>>52073519
Like the 4TB name should be like:
>MD04ABA400V
>MD
They are awesome since they were developed by Hitachi (HGST) and have excellent reliability reputation and are really cheap (for what they are).

>>52073553
You are likely to have used too much thermal paste. You didn't use more than maximum two uncooked rice grains, did you?

>>52073557
I'd like to know two, a quick refresh solves that though. I think it's an issue with resizing your window, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
File: switch.jpg (82 KB, 1121x651) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
82 KB, 1121x651
This is a switch in my house (US), and all the leads are the same color. Can anyone identify which wire corresponds to hot, ground, etc based on their position here? One was wrapped around the binding post (on the right), but not the other, which goes against all the information I've found online.
>>
>>52073146
>all of their mice with more than 3 buttons are wireless because that's stylish
>even go look at the """gaming""" mice
>all the designs that don't make me chuckle are out of stock
How is this place still open
>>
>>52073623
I did what a few videos said were a good idea, which was a pea shaped blob of paste in the middle of the cpu.
>>
>>52073637
Top is hot, bottom is neutral, side is ground
>>
File: PotentialBuild.png (62 KB, 1147x556) Image search: [Google]
PotentialBuild.png
62 KB, 1147x556
First time builder. I feel like I didn't do as well as I could have. I don't even know which case to get and I'm already pushing my budget. Any help would be appreciated.
My main use will be watching a lot of video. Light gaming (such as TF2) and potentially getting into random internet things like photoshooping.
>>
>>52073440
>what are you trying to achieve anyway?
I want a cheap computer, but I want the best bang for the buck. I got my hopes up when I saw the server motherboard and how I could've got 16gb of ecc ddr2 ram for 24€ and 8 cores @3ghz for another 60€ and lost sight of the objective. Anyway I know a friend of mine full of lga 775 motherboards to throw around so I could get something very decent for less than 100€.
>>
i recently bought a R9 380X. is there a way where i can use integrated and the card at the same time on two different monitors.
>>
>>52073623
well these ones have HD instead of MD, but I believe they are the same thing
>>
>>52073651
generally sound good. Did you clean everything with alcohol before reapplying?

And I'm talking cleaning so you could use the bottom of the heatsink as a mirror and read all the stuff on the CPU?

>>52073704
I can guarantee you that it won't be best bang for buck with the Xeons, especially with DDR2 in this day and age. Just don't do it. Especially for gaming single core performance is much more important.
See that you get a use i3 or i5 of pretty much every generation starting with sandy bridge. Also I think you will even get better performance with a Phenom II, which can be had dirt cheap on ebay or craigslist or whatever.

You have been warned, but do whatever floats your boat bro.

>>52073708
no but you can just get USB 3.0 display adapters if you really need the extra ports, but can't the 380X do like 6 screens on her own?

>>52073734
yeah then they are not the Hitachi ones, get the MD one, trust me. And if you don't trust me, trust backblaze (use google).

>>52073678
It's fine.

Especially when spending the extra 150$ on the intel build with M.2 and PCIe 3.0 and the like is out of the question.
>>
>>52073813
I cleaned the CPU generally well but maybe not the heatsink. I'll try again later and see how it all turns out. Thanks.
>>
>>52073678
also maybe consider the BX100 over the 850 EVO but that's just the TLC critic in me speaking.
Although I have an 850 EVO as well and am pretty satisfied with it and it has good warranty. But then it's not my only SSD.
>>
>>52073848
you are welcome and it needs to be perfect. I once rubbed one for an actual hour (although I think that was a GPU) until it was perfect. You use the thermal paste to compensate for microscopic issues, there's no room for old junk somewhere in between CPU and heatsink.
>>
>>52073388
I found it. Asus support website is a fucking disorganized mess. They have the N550lf drivers alongside the Q550lf drivers.
>>52073440
My laptop won't go to sleep or shutdown since I've installed windows 10. It the hard drive activity stops but the power and wifi stay on completely.
>>
>>52073813
Well its the newest core duo architecture we're talking about, Penryn. It probably can compete with phenoms no problem and considering the cost of all the mod included cpu and 8gb of ram is around 80€ I dont think I can get better with that low money spending. Not putting a gtx 970 in this case but the cpu shouldn't be of much issue up to a 7870 or similar
>>
I'm looking to get a custom bootloader for my gs4 of1 5.0.1 rooted. How the actual FUCK do i do this? N00B here so help a guy who wants to learn.

Also, is there a cyanogen mod available for this?

Also, also, what apps from fdroid do you suggest?
>>
>>52073977
Just don't.

I mean obviously you have no idea what you are doing and you don't seem to have any private tech support apart from /g/ either.

If you can't even go to the cyanogen webpage and look your device up and follow instructions. Don't do it.
>>
i want to learn programming and it seems luke python is what i want?

what linux distros would be best for that?

my main criteria are 100% free, and most balls deep/suicide inducing ricability

also no real computing goals, hardware is 2006 intel core2duo macbook pro, sole use is for learning to code
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
Is there a better image viewer for Win7 than Windows Photo Viewer?
Something that can actually display animated gifs.
>>
I think my sister has a virus on her computer that is sending out data over the network.

Is there a good tool to analyze all data over the network?
>>
Need assistance regarding hooking up a turntable to a receiver, anyone willing to help?
>>
File: handsomegorilla.jpg (88 KB, 634x892) Image search: [Google]
handsomegorilla.jpg
88 KB, 634x892
I just got an SSD for Xmas. I plugged both SATA cables in and Windows 10 hasn't detected it. What could the issue be?
>>
>>52074072
Xnview, Infranview, and Honeyview are three good options.
>>
i made a webm with webmForRetards but when i try to post on 4chan it says it has an embedded file and wont post

what does this mean and how do i fix it?
>>
>>52074157
It's not formatted, go to Disk Management and give it a partition there.
>>
>>52074107
wireshark does this, but using it will get you added to the nsa watch list
>>
File: 41X3B28XR7L.jpg (26 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
41X3B28XR7L.jpg
26 KB, 500x414
I'm trying to remember the name of the old device that was for teens to text each other and it looked like a gameboy advance SP. Does anyone remember the name of it?

I've seen them posted here a few times after being turned into UMPCs.
>>
>>52074204
In that case I am already on one since I needed it downloaded at home for a college class. We used it inside the lab as well
>>
There once was an encryption tool prefixed with 'true'
And since that's been through...
A successor named 'veracrypt', appeared out of the blue
One tool someone might consider to pursue

However, based on the 'true', was one with a different seal
Packaged and maintained for Linux, prefixed with 'real'
Nothing was known about the 'real' tool
Other than it being dependent on
The maintenance of the 'true' one, now gone

Tell me, then, those with wisdom on such a thing
To what do we owe its updates? Please sing
Is it now based on 'vera', or simply on its own?
Can it be trusted, or should one leave it alone?
>>
>>52074225
if you're enrolled in any CS or IS or programming classes you're already on the list so don't worry
>>
>>52074221
>GBA SP

Muh dick. I practically lived on one of those as a kid. Fucked me up when we got robbed and it was stolen.
Took my DS as well, which was new at the time.
>>
File: 220px-Cybiko.jpg (24 KB, 220x406) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cybiko.jpg
24 KB, 220x406
>>52074221
cybiko?
>>
I installed a gtx 960 today, and when I tried to install drivers the installer told me "Installer Cannot Continue The Graphics Driver Could Not Find Compatible Graphics Hardware", I know the graphics card is working, and that I installed everything right, but I don't know what is going on.
>>
>>52074200
Awesome! Thank you so much, anon! <3
>>
>>52074157
>both sata cables
Looks like you got a sata express there bud
>>
>>52074298
No problem senpai :3
>>
File: 18raz3oqugf4djpg.jpg (230 KB, 463x450) Image search: [Google]
18raz3oqugf4djpg.jpg
230 KB, 463x450
>>52074261
>>52074269
I found it!
It was the Zipit Z2
>>
>>52074179
Thanks anon.
Which one is your favourite?
>>
Anyone know if there is an increase in consumer SSD sizes coming up?

Planning on buying a 850 evo 500gb model and wondering if I can save some shekels.

They seem to be going for £114ish right now.
>>
How is the Radeon 6670?
How does it perform with games like Skyrim or GGXRD?
I found one for $25, I think it's a good deal but I don't know about the quality of the card.
>>
>>52074353
Xnview because you can cut the UI down to almost nothing and set the image to scale to the window if it is bigger than the window as the default behavior upon opening, something I couldn't figure out how to do with Honeyview. I haven't tried Infranview though.
>>
>>52074353
I'm another anon, I prefer Honeyview because it has the option to hide its UI entirely and good hotkey support. Irfan is better for slideshows with lots of images though. Haven't tried Xnview.
>>
>>52074244
Well then they know I am into Facesitting, but oh well.

What exactly should I be watching for here?
>>
>>52074382
why don't you just google?

Off the top off my head I'd say it's pretty bad.

>6670
The 6 series was just a minor step up from the 5 series, so it's pretty old. The x6 series stands for super entry level and not much of a gaming card at all. The xx70 means it has properly slightly faster RAM and GPU frequency than the xx50.

Just FUCKING GOOGLE it. But I guess it can play skyrim without any details or mods.
>>
>>52074393
>>52074413
Thanks anons, I've decided to try Honeyview as it seems like the most straightforward image viewer.

>>52074444
Checked.

And facesitting is a god-tier fetish.
>>
whats a good place to buy a cheapish semi gaymen tower.
itl dual boot with arch or something so dont judge me 2 hard for not building my own.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-10-5-16GB-Android-4-4-Wi-Fi-Tablet-SM-T800-Bronze-/331741145509

$30. Should I do it /g/? What can eBay and PayPal do when I inevitably get fucked?
>>
File: IPL.jpg (318 KB, 737x800) Image search: [Google]
IPL.jpg
318 KB, 737x800
Are IPL epilators (the variant for domestic use) technolo/g/y or where do they go?
>inb4: /lgbt/ - I'm no damn tranny, just hate having to shave my pits every other week
>>
now that the christmas madness is done and new year is nearly here, are there usually sales on components in the next month or so from web retailers?

i need some parts, but my wallet is already hurting.
>>
Hello /g/, I'm having trouble disabling secure boot on my ASUS laptop. The option to disable is greyed out in the BIOS, and making administrator/master and user passwords doesn't do anything.
I also am not sure what model this is. It says F555L on the bottom of the box, bottom of the laptop, and inside the laptop. However, it says its an X555LAB when going to This PC>Properties. Looking up both models brings unhelpful results. Any ideas?

>install gentoo
that's what I'm trying to do
>>
I'm running Debian and I want to encrypt a partiton.

What's a good alternative to TrueCrypt?
>>
>>52074682
I was wondering the same.

> Predicts dubs
>>
>>52074703
i know brick and mortar stores start trying to clear all their prebuilt garbage and specialist stores clear new gaming rigs with leftover parts, but i have no idea if web seller to the same thing, and i'd love to shave $100 or so off the new gaymen pee see i'm building.
>>
File: 1343517746384.jpg (52 KB, 462x346) Image search: [Google]
1343517746384.jpg
52 KB, 462x346
is it considered infringement or illega4L to use a VPN/proxy server to use american regional content in Germany?
>>
I got an i7 930 and a motherboard for next to nothing from a rich ass friend who just has to have the newest shit.

I don't have a GPU for it though, how do I figure out what GPU to match it with for the best performance without wasting too much money? I am a bit of a gamer so I am willing to spend a little money but I just don't want to waste by bottlenecking.
>>
friend loaned another friend laptop, came back and sound doesn't work
I've tried fucking everything google suggests. Nothing happens.
The sound works when headphones are plugged in but nothing when using the normal speakers.
I even tried disabling the audio jack in case the censor was stuck but still nothing.
What the hell? Both speakers don't die like that, do they?
>>
whats the safest torrent for windows 7?
>>
>>52074742
Is it?

No clue.

Will you get in trouble for it?

No.
>>
>>52074790
>right click volume icon in system tray
>open playback devices
>find relevant speakers, right click>"set as default"
>>
File: 71yWBntLb3L._SL1500_.jpg (74 KB, 1500x644) Image search: [Google]
71yWBntLb3L._SL1500_.jpg
74 KB, 1500x644
If I save all of my torrents directly to a USB stick on a regular basis, how fast will this destroy it?

I've always heard that USB sticks have a relatively low amount of write cycles before they die, but I'm really not sure how long that really is.
>>
>>52074822
Like I've said, I've tried everything I could find.
Does not work.
>>
>>52074694
Figured out the model, /g/uys. Asus F555LA-AB31
>>
>>52074815
well I need to know the legality so i can put certain things on my resume
>installed vpn/proxy services for international content use
>unlocked regional devices for international carrier use
>>
>>52074808
https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=windows+7+torrent&sort_by=
lol
>>
>>52074825
A couple thousand cycles or so. Just enough so the average consumer is more likely to lose it than to use it up. Don't use it as a temporary folder for torrents, or at least allow caching to reduce the number of write operations to a more adequate value.
>>
File: Untitled.png (227 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
227 KB, 1366x768
>>52074834
>>52074822
Don't mind the cancer, not my computer.
>>
File: 1440325457452.jpg (15 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1440325457452.jpg
15 KB, 284x284
Is there any clean way to convert a pdf document to epub format?

I've used Calibre and it's completely fucked up after conversion. Trying to read Goebbel's biography by David Irving and it's kind of a pain with pdf and I would much rather prefer epub, but it doesn't seem it's available in epub format

Uploaded it here
https://u.pomf.io/rtvufv.pdf
>>
I have an Asus n56vz, I put an ssd in it and replaced the cd drive with a mechanical. After installing win7 and then Debian I went back in to UEFI and set the default boot to the ssd but might have fucked up the Efi partition while installing Linux. Now my laptop doesn't even display the logo or seem like it's posting. The keyboard back light turns on for two seconds then shuts off. Pulled the battery for 30 minutes and pulled all the drives, neither did anything. Is there any way to fix this? Can't find the CMOS battery in the access panels and really don't want to take it apart to get to the other side of the motherboard. Short of flashing the BIOS, I have no idea what to try next.
>>
File: 1426891265238.png (3 KB, 1175x78) Image search: [Google]
1426891265238.png
3 KB, 1175x78
How do I get rid of this? It annoys me more than it should, but I want it gone
>>
>>52074850
If you have to put that on your resume, you should go get back to school.

My 90 year old grandmother could install a vpn for unlocking reigional services, if I direct her to the home page of any VPN provider that has it's own software.

Serioulsy nobody would care. For what kind of job are you applying anyway that you'd feel that would be bonus? Support desk at Media Markt or Saturn?
>>
>>52074960
firefox/tools > options > privacy > location bar - suggest nothing

next time google you tard
>>
File: 1439842509725.png (7 KB, 1178x122) Image search: [Google]
1439842509725.png
7 KB, 1178x122
>>52074981
Not what I was asking. I don't want the "search with google" line below. I don't want to have to hit the down arrow twice to get to the first suggested result.
>>
File: 1420506694187.gif (456 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1420506694187.gif
456 KB, 420x315
Does Chrome support magnet links? I don't want to install botnet, asking for a friend.
>>
>>52074899
uninstall that HP bloat
delete speaker drivers(realtek) but also anything that says bluetooth, 'speaker' or 'audio device'
reinstall speaker drivers NOT bluetooth audio
if that works, go to bluetooth devices and dis-associate all bluetooth devices
then re-install your bluetooth drivers
you are using win10, not based 7, therefore I'm not sure how much I can help you, but i had a similar problem caused by pairing with a jawbone jambox with aids. couldnt play any audio thru anything, even after the jambox reset and no longer actually paired with it
>>
>>52075019
I have this exact same problem man, I imagine there's a line in About:Config somewhere.
>>
>>52075038
All browsers support them as far as I know.
>>
File: 1421158422687.jpg (790 KB, 1220x1600) Image search: [Google]
1421158422687.jpg
790 KB, 1220x1600
>>52075046
It's fucking stupid senpai. It's not a huge deal, but it does piss me off. Completely pointless
>>
File: 1450958552604.png (204 KB, 394x523) Image search: [Google]
1450958552604.png
204 KB, 394x523
After flashing a stock ROM on my Android phone, I can't figure out how to use mobile data, yet WiFi and making/taking calls & texts work fine.
>>
>>52075073
>Instead of just pressing enter as normal you can now click down here as well, also making going to what you might actually want to select much harder

Most of firefox' dumb new features are easy to disable, where as this utterly cancerous idiot decision has been made nigh on impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>52074967
I moved to the US, and I'm trying to pool all the job info I can onto a 'master' resume. it was mostly a beer money gig I did for a few uni transfer students. but thanks that actually helps, I had nowhere to put that except 'self employment'
>>
File: Untitled.png (65 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65 KB, 1366x768
>>52075044
>delete speaker drivers(realtek) but also anything that says bluetooth, 'speaker' or 'audio device'
>reinstall speaker drivers NOT bluetooth audio
already tried this
>you are using win10
>couldnt play any audio thru anything, even after the jambox reset and no longer actually paired with it
but.. but.. the audio jack works fine ... what are you even...
>>
File: 1425247260179.jpg (144 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
1425247260179.jpg
144 KB, 682x1023
>>52075098
Seems like it would be an easy one to disable, but I haven't found a way

Someone, please
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.