[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil Engineering Software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 2208245_2.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2208245_2.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Pic related,
It's an Civil engineering structural design program called PANOPLIA that is quite good compared to available offerings, the thing is 8500 fucking Euros ..!!
From a Greek company called Pi-systems International.

So I'm a civil Engineering student and naturally sought after the best possible program for my uses..!

The reason I'm posting in /g/ is that this particular software was an open source application developed by a group of German students, then bought by the Greek company,
http://www.pi.gr/CMSnew/index.php?option=com_content&
and apparently the source of the program vanished from existence, and since I was unable to find the source, I looked for a cracked version ... but to no avail , thus I ask the place I think is most capable of pointing me to the right direction /g/.

tl;dr A program called PANOPLIA was open source bought by a company then the source disappeared, need help finding the previously open source or a crack for the 8500 euros program!
>>
Im mechanical engineering student and it takes a while to think of a commercial software that doesnt offer free student licence. Hard to believe it's much different with civ engineering software.
>>
OP here, It really is a great deal to find the source for this application as it's a rare thing in our field (open source production grade software)..
so for the good of the field the source is important, but for my own purposes I'd be satisfied with a crack !!
>>
>>52068598
The Educational Version is extremely limited compared to the paid software, and to what is offered by other software companies..!
>>
>>52068599
>Civ Eng
Start learning AutoDesk Inventor.
>>
lol it's called math, nigger

nigger, what the fuck is you doin
>>
>>52068598
And what really annoys me is the fact that it was open source (I'm also interested in playing with the source)

>>52068705
Not exactly, as good !, or as versatile, and it's a closed source program from the start .. so the possibility of finding the source is ... well near 0

>>52068715
wrong thread?! or just wrong?
>>
>>52068785
you don't need a fucking CAD system for engineering, kid.

you certainly don't need bullshit like autocad or some shit grecian delights

check your privs, i bet they aren't 000
>>
>>52068997
I appreciate your fucking advice, but this is not a CAD system it's multiple orders of magnitudes more than that it's a full structural reinforced concrete design suite with Building Information Modeling capabilities, and it is a very complex application and by today's standards these types of software packages ARE needed for moderate design problems, as doing that by hand is justifiably out of reach for most sane humans!!
>>
wtf is /g/ doing??
not a single helpful post
>>
>>52069300
We are using AxisVM for the most part. You don't really need complex software really as you will work in a field that has specific rules and standards which are NOT included 100% in any software.
What you need is a good and efficient finite element software you can use and understand, you'll only pull forces from these and then evaluate by hand or preferably mathcad or sorts of.
Get a well working software that is relatively well priced as they will be regularly updated and maintained.
>>
>>52068705
I thought AutoCAD had a Civ Eng version.
>>
>>52068475

You can use the Sims 3 editor instead.

Also the occams razor to your situation is that the software was never open source and the code was never available generally. It may have been shared source at some point.
>>
>>52068598
>Im mechanical engineering student and it takes a while to think of a commercial software that doesnt offer free student licence.
I graduate with my Bachelor's in Mech Eng in May. Unless they've both changed recently, Solidworks and Matlab do not offer FREE student versions, only discounts, but they're both easily pirated.
>>
>>52069387
>You can use the Sims 3 editor instead.
ayy lmao
>>
>>52069378
Interesting..
what are the weak areas for axisVM, for example in etabs it's better to work thinking in terms of structural grids, meaning it's not as capable if you think in terms of nodes (staad pro) ..
and as I said above the fact that there's a possibility of finding the source code for such a well rounded structural design software is a good drive for me to try and find it even if cracked to use it to it's full extent meanwhile looking for the source as some German is likely to have it!!

>>52069387
Also and equally important is the completeness of the software regarding the issue at hand which is structural building design.
>>
>>52069300
this is why romania's architecture collapses. shit thinking like yours.
>>
File: dwg.jpg (46 KB, 915x728) Image search: [Google]
dwg.jpg
46 KB, 915x728
>>52068705

Inventor?

I'm a civil engineer, everone uses AutoCAD Civil3D. Has the most features but like all AutoDesk software its a buggy and unstable piece of shit.

get used to it
>>
>>52068475
At least give me an old web site or the old name of the program
>>
>>52068475
How did you get the windows xp look?
>>
>>52069917
Someone used the program on XP and uploded that screenshot to the internet
>>
>>52068475
Use pen and paper.
Oh.
and your brain.
>>
File: principal.jpg (235 KB, 657x335) Image search: [Google]
principal.jpg
235 KB, 657x335
>>52069929
Oh... I feel dumb now.
>>
Torrentz.Eu
Thepiratebay.se
>>
>>52069971

http://bash.org/?330261
>>
>>52068475
thank you op. civil engineer here. must find this. extremely interested in this
>>
>>52068475
I think the sourcecode will be for a far older version so not much use (less functionnality etc...). You should concentrate on getting the cracked version. Are you looking for just the crack or the software also? Because we can help you reverse engineering this if you want
>>
What is civil engineering? We don't have that kind of engineering degree here.
>>
>>52071148
A simplified version of Mechanical Engineering.
>>
>>52071148
>What is civil engineering?

AFAIK engineering of structures and infrastructure. Parking garages, apartment complexes, bridges, etc.

The civil engineers I've known have been involved in checking that architectural plans meet legal requirements and will survive an earthquake (guy who worked for the city of San Francisco) and verifying that surface repairs on the Bay Bridge were up to code (that guy worked for CalTrans).
>>
>>52069397
Matlab is pretty easy to find, but i was never able to find a pirated version of solidworks. I haven't looked in a long time though...
>>
>>52068598
ANSYS - Specifically AQWA doesn't give out a free version. The DNV Sesam/HydroD suite, Orcaflex and SACS are not available to students either.
>>
>>52068997
Lol what is productivity
>>
>>52068475
Describe exactly the features of said software.
I don't know shit about civil engineering but it seems like a good oportunity to someone who does to implement a better and cheaper alternative
>>
>>52071806
>Describe exactly the features of said software.

It's an $8500 software package. It would probably take you all day to list the "features" of it, and a few years to explain what they mean.
>>
>>52072476
It was bought by Greeks though. It probably only has a tenth of the ones they claimed and paid it with money they were loaned by the snitchel restaurant
>>
>>52068705
>inventor
>civil eng
wtf are you even talking about
>>
why not learn some software that is actually used in civin eng by companies you'll eventually work for later on?
even if you get this one, it's useless to learn it
you cna achieve anything you want with more popular software that actually might benefit your cv at some point
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.