[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android phone camera deterioration?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
So, this just happened to me recently:
My Samsung Galaxy S3 used to take fine picture, but now the image quality of the photos is just awful.

The issue seems to be fairly common, but there doesn't seem to be a proper reason or fix for it. I've tried the most common recommendations: manual ISO, anti-shake off/on, cleansed the lens, installed alternative camera apps, etc.

Pic very related; two shots taken at the same range, same settings, same distance, roughly same light conditions, less than a week apart, outdoors. Now even daylight photos are filled with visible grain.

Just recently my mother-in-law's S4 Actice started showing similar symptoms, and it's quite annoying. Has anyone found any way to remedy this problem, or should I try resetting the whole device to factory defaults?
>>
File: Suspicious-kitten.jpg (23 KB, 540x394) Image search: [Google]
Suspicious-kitten.jpg
23 KB, 540x394
That's what you get for buying cheap chinese consumer trash.
>>
>>52068198

Please read the sticky before posting.

/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

For tech support/issues with computers, use >>>/wsr/.

For simple/small/stupid questions, use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the /sqt/ thread.
>>
same problem after getting updates
>>
Your best bet is to ship it to Samsung for fixing if you still have the warranty. Otherwise, I don't know if you can fix that.
>>
>>52068261
Fuck off
>>
File: 20151222_181935.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151222_181935.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>52068226
>cheap
I don't consider anything costing over 100€ to be "cheap", and the S4 was like 570€ when bought.

>>52068261
I've read the sticky, I'm not a newfag. This is not about computers. Nor do I consider an inquiry about the (seemingly random) pandemic resulting the destruction of the most common phone brand's camera to be a "stupid question", like those "my screen cracked, halp?!".

>>52068312
Thanks, that's at least a potential clue.
I tend to keep my internet connection off most of the time, but at times it's on long enough for updates to install.

>>52068338
sadly the S3's warranty's long gone at this point. Dunno about the S4, but it's still being paid with monthly fees.
>>
Probably burn out cmos sensor or fungus on lens.
>>
>>52068432
>bunt out cmos sensor
ouch, that actually sounds like a possible reason. Quite surprised that's even possible in 2010's, when my old Nokia N95 still takes superb photos for an early 5Mpix camera.
>>
glad I didn't buy into the android meme lmao
>>
>>52068702
>being an Apple fag
>>
>>52068809
Feels good having a phone that works perfectly and is still getting updates 3-4 years later
>>
>>52068874
Not everyone likes a poorman's dragondildo up their asses.
>>
>>52068198
>Android phone camera deterioration?
What a strange way to spell planned obsolescence
>>
File: 1262612834150.gif (2 MB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
1262612834150.gif
2 MB, 425x240
>>52068312

>same problem after getting updates

Happened to iphone 4s also after going to ios7. Once good picture quality is shitty mess. Probably to make the newest phone release seem much higher quality.
>>
>>52069240
>>52069067
such a shitty move, if it's true.
anyone tried complete system reset or CFWs, if they'd help? Wouldn't wanna change a mere year old device.
>>
>>52068198
Is it plugged in ?

No seriously I had problems with my Samsung galaxy S3lte it went down to the connector from motherboard to screen and camera gotten loose from too many shocks. In my case that meant 0,01€ worth of tape to keep it firmly together. Otherwise replace the camera it's dirt cheap.(just the camera not the entire midframe).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.