[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Upgrade Issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1278210151791.png (3 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1278210151791.png
3 KB, 493x402
So I just got an msi gtx 980, 600w power supply, and 8gb of ram installed on my pc. The problem is, my pc will just spontaneously crash/reboot after about 20 minutes of playing any game. I have been googling and I have a feeling it's a temperature issue but I don't know enough troubleshooting stuff to fix it. Do any of you guys have any tips?
>>
Please someone take time to help, thanks
>>
Dowload msi afterburner or asus gpu tweak to monitor temps of the gpu while you play a game, also make sure the quality of the psu is up to spec (what brand is it?)
>>
>>52068037
I bought it at best buy, its a evea one that was 40 bucks
>>
>>52068056
Evga
>>
>>52068037
Based on the fan app the gpu is running at 54 degrees idling(no game). I assumed the fans would work on their own out of the box but is there some set up I'm missing? Plus its entirely possible the issue is arising from something else maybe. Would the cpu clashing with the gpu be a cause? I have a quad core i52230
>>
It's probably the Gpu which is overheating.
Download speedfan and crank dat mofo up while playing.
And clean your PC, Fans and stuff.
>>
>>52068189
I thought that letting the fans do their thing on auto would be good, why would they underperform?
>>
Also this happened both times playing hurtworld on steam, is it possible the game itself is the cause?
>>
>>52068056
>evga PSU
>600w
>$40
Found your problem.
>>
>>52068236
That seemed reasonable enough for me and why would it start having problems right out of the box?
>>
>>52067988

Please read the sticky before posting.

/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

For tech support/issues with computers, use >>>/wsr/.

For simple/small/stupid questions, use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the /sqt/ thread.
>>
Stop playing games manchild
>>
>>52068256
Bc you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>52068646
nice argument
>>
>>52068199
The fans will not run on my EVGA 980ti unless I have PrecisionX (evga's version of afterburner) running as a background process. You might be experiencing something similar.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.