[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best linux distro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Tux.svg.png (458 KB, 2000x2320) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Tux.svg.png
458 KB, 2000x2320
best linux distro
>>
windows 10
>>
Most of the popular ones are pretty much the same with more or less tools out of the box for convenience or to help the technically challenged. There's also different kinds of packages and of course the quality of the distro's community but they're not too radically different since you can customize quite extensively. It depends on what you want but for the most part if you know how to do what you want to do you can do it on just about any *nix OS.
>>
>>52060652
your distro <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< my distro
>>
Its really all the same shit unless you use some obscure i-do-everything-myself-because-it-makes-me-feel-less-of-a-loser distro like arch and gentoo
>>
Honestly Linux mint
>>
Ubuntu because it just works
>>
Parabola GNU/Linux-libre
No contest.
>>
>>52060652
Arch or gentoo. Nothing else.
>>
File: 4L_Miw0I5ld.png (107 KB, 800x387) Image search: [Google]
4L_Miw0I5ld.png
107 KB, 800x387
nodeOS

https://node-os.com
>>
deb
>>
>>52060652
windows 10
>>
Crunchbang was the best.

now, gentoo I guess.
>>
>>52060929
>gentoo

when will you stop being a crow repeating the same shit
>>
gentoo or slackware. Nothing else.
>>
>>52060659
Stole the words right out of my mouth.
>>
>>52061168
#!++
>>
>>52060931
Jesus Christ. That was so awful I think it gave me cancer.
>>
>>52060838
Always
>>52060868
this desu senpai
>>52060871
Understandable, just stay away from Unity
>>52060659
>>52061142
well meme'd
>>
Of the popular ones, I'd say Fedora. Stable, easy to use, just werks but isn't total normalshit like the *buntus.

Apparently Gentoo is the best, but five days into my effort to install it I'm no closer to verifying that claim.
>>
>>52061211
is #!++ in a usable state?
I was under the impression it was almost as abandoned as #!
>>
NixOS
>>
>>52060652
I've recently just been using Ubuntu due to it just working. Unity is ~alrightish, not great but has features needed with some tweaking. May go back to KDE.
>>
>>52060931
>node.js operating system
wtf.webm
>>
File: xubuntu.jpg (9 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
xubuntu.jpg
9 KB, 250x251
Xubuntu obviously, although most of the popular distros have their niche.
>easy to set up
>just works
>pretty stable
>XFCE is customizable; easy to debloat and rice while being user friendly and fast
>comprehensive repos
>up to date, if not cutting edge software
>any problem you might have has probably been asked about already by a noob on the ubuntu forums

The only downside is that you can't use the archwiki for help 1 to 1.
>>
NO SUCH THING
>>
xubuntu/arch/debian

all tied for #1 place
>>
arch
>>
>>52060659
Which is technically correct as Windows are actually Unix-like
>>
>>52061867
Thats wrong
>>
>>52061867
here's a (You)
>>
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=rebeccablackos
>>
>>52061867
kek

>>52060871
enjoy amazon's cock rammed up your ass

>>52060868
this
>>
>>52060659
Fuck that. Still have broken audio drivers since release. Thank fuck that my %1 OS works better than that 90% one.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.