[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird fixes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: forward.jpg (160 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
forward.jpg
160 KB, 1200x675
ITT: we post solutions to tech problems that should not have worked
i'll start
>wifi really slow (3-4 mbs), using a usb dongle
>mess around with .conf files and such, nothing works
>try a different dongle, nothing
>on a whim, put dongle about 3 feet away from computer using a usb extension cord
>speed is immediately 15-20 mbs
>>
File: 750G2.png (137 KB, 650x418) Image search: [Google]
750G2.png
137 KB, 650x418
Not that odd of a fix but I wanted to post.
>buy EVGA meme-psu
>psu starts werrrrrrring as I first boot
>slap psu
>werrrrrrrrrring stops, becomes silent
>this was over a year ago
>not one sound since.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>52060743
Gotta keep yo psu's in line
>>
>>52060817
kek
>>
File: IMG_20151219_220811.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_220811.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>TV has double image (pic related)
>Slam back near mobo
>Goes off
Happens nearly every time I turn it on now, but I don't want to get rid of it because it's otherwise a pretty quality Samsung LCD from 2008. Makes a pretty good back room TV.
>>
>>52060743
I can confirm this works.
>>
>>52060888
>>52060743
TIL: Slapping electronics is 2nd after turning it off and back on
>>
>>52060937
>TIL
GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
File: 20151226_170111_HDR-1.jpg (508 KB, 1361x2214) Image search: [Google]
20151226_170111_HDR-1.jpg
508 KB, 1361x2214
>psp joystick starts moving on its own
>turn off screen, turn it upside down and smack it
>it works like normal

I have to do it once every few weeks, I would just buy a new psp but I've grown rather attached after almost 11 years.

I even tried opening and cleaning it but nothing else worked besides smacking it on the back behind the joystick.

Pic related, my psp.
>>
>>52059573
>Get baby four months ago.
>really loud as of late.
>Try all the fixes that came with the instruction manual
>Feed it
>Change it
>Nothing

>get desperate
>Slap it.
>Silence.

Everything fine since then, though sometimes it starts up.
The trick is to turn him upside down and smack him on the back of the head.
>>
My grandma bought this rocketfish HDMI splitter that uses the power lines inside of the house to distribute the video. She was only getting audio on the 2nd TV and for the longest time couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I thought it was an issue with HDCP so I bought a splitter that removes it. Turns out that was a waste, it didn't work. So I gave it a second look, I saw that on the sending end it was plugged into a multitap and on the receiving end it was plugged into a surge protector. Threw the tap into the garbage (obvious fire hazard) and plugged both ends directly into the wall now it works great.

Can't say I feel bad for all the retards bitching that it doesn't work on Amazon. They probably didn't even read the manual before they set it up. I'm sure it probably says something about it in there.
>>
>>52059573
>fan rattles
>abruptly stop it by lodging something inside while its moving
>it just werks
>>
I have a usb keyboard plugged into an extension cable so I can type while in bed or in the chair near my bed. A few times a week I get the "USB device not recognized error" and it stops responding to inputs. When that happens I unplug the keyboard and blow on the USB plug like an old NES cartridge and then plug it back in and it works.
>>
File: putin.gif (372 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
putin.gif
372 KB, 499x281
>>52061940
>>
>friend plugs hard drive in while computer is running
>sparks, opens it up
>toasted diode
>replace with frail wire
It just works, has been for over a year.
>>
>windows bluescreens on an hourly basis
>desktop screams to a hault, applications always crashing
>install adobe reader
>everything works
>printer works too
>>
>>52062600
Sounds like you had an underlying Adobe service running that was lonely.
>>
>>52062630

>being this new
>>
File: image_4.jpg (17 KB, 480x199) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
17 KB, 480x199
>>52061834
underrated post
>>
File: sad_bear.jpg (44 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
sad_bear.jpg
44 KB, 251x231
>>52062630
dem adobe feels
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.