[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I don't know if this is the right board to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 19283829394.jpg (21 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
19283829394.jpg
21 KB, 340x270
Hey /g/, I don't know if this is the right board to ask about this, but I'm sure you can help me.

I had the shittiest day all was going wrong yesterday so I decided to rest for a while, I sit and check my phone, when a big ass fucking bird turd lands on my screen, I have no idea how to clean it, I've looked for methods on google but I haven't found a way to clean hard stains like bird shit.

HELP!

TL;DR - How do I clean bird shit from cell phone?
>>
>>52051914
Did you try something like citric acid? Not the pure kind of stuff, but something like lemon juice diluted with water
>>
Some pages say I should use alcohol, others say it will damage the touchscreen.
>>
>>52051940
I've used alcohol numerous of times on my Z2, alcohol whipes as well, it wont hurt your phone if you wont empty the whole bottle of alcohol on your screen
>>
>>52051939
I haven't I'm not sure of what could work and what could damage my screen.
>>
>>52051914
>I have no idea how to clean it

What's the problem? Wipe it off with a damp towel. What, did you let it dry on there?
>>
>>52051965
Should I, perhaps, mix the alcohol with water?
>>
File: 1427682765121.png (37 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1427682765121.png
37 KB, 400x389
>>52051914
use spit and a towel
>>
lick it off
>>
Wipe it away, use a universial cleaner on some paper towels and just wipe it. Juts a little dab of alcohol Would get rid of the bacteria. But check if the screen can handle it. If you have a glass screen then it should be fine, then you can use as much alcohol as you want.

Source: I am a civil engineer specialized in water and wastewater treatment. I basically have a master degree in getting rid of shit
>>
It's god telling you to shut the fuck up
>>
>>52051987
Yeah, I let it dry, it happened to me on a very busy day, I was far from home and all I had was a napkin.
>>
>>52052013

So... did you wipe it off with your napkin?
>>
>>52051994
You wont have to mix the alcohol with water. Just wipe your screen and wipe it with a damp cloth afterwards.

>>52051987
>>52052011
Also, this. If you've let it dry on there, you're fucked, since birdshit is highly acidic.
>>
>>52052011
If you have problems with the touchscreen after using alcohol while still having a glass screen it is only temporary and should be fixed by. putting it to sleep and on again. the touchscreen just need to reset.
>>
To /wsr/ you go!
>>
>>52052031

Well, that can't stop me from trying, thanks!

>>52052011

Yeah the screen can handle it, thanks!
>>
>>52052027

Yeah I did, but I couldn't do much, it was massive.
>>
>>52052042

Ok, I'll try, thanks.
>>
File: 1440671418561.jpg (142 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440671418561.jpg
142 KB, 500x375
>>52051914
>not using a six pack of matte screen protectors from eBay/Amazon
>not replacing the turd covered screen protector with a new one
>being this much of a fucking casual

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>52051914
Why would you? That bird shit is probably more valuable than your piece of shit touchscreen brick.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.