[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do computer illiterates have to talk about how much better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15
File: General (33).jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
General (33).jpg
8 KB, 250x250
Why do computer illiterates have to talk about how much better they are than me 90% of the time i pull out my iPhone in public? It's really getting a bit old. Leave that discussion for your reddit posts

>On a car trip with a coworker, and he gets me to reply to a message on his android phone
>i can't work out how to use it as it has touch screen buttons or something and no home button
>"Oh your an iPhone guy are you? I don't know why people buy iPhones, i mean my phone does everything an iPhone can do and it cost half as much......."
>Attempt to change the subject 5 times before he catches on

>Pull out Macbook at a conference to make some slides up for the talk i was just asked to do
>Complete stranger comes up to me and starts telling me how much better his thinkpad with windows 10 is.

This happens about 10 times a week. Those of you here who go outside, consider keeping your tech talk to nerd friends, family members, and the internet. Nobody else want's to hear it. And most of the time it is the equivalent of listening to somebody with down syndrome trying to give you stock tips
>>
File: Seriously, friend.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Seriously, friend.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>52042511
>This happens about 10 times a week.
>>
But OP. We are better than you.
>>
>>52042511
>Complete stranger comes up to me and starts telling me how much better his thinkpad with windows 10 is.

You met a /g/entooman in real life.
>>
>>52042511
>Why do computer illiterates have to talk about how much better they are than me 90% of the time
i don't know this keeps happening to me with posts like yours too
>>
>>52042553
I don't care whether you think that or not in your head. Nobody wants to hear your shit IRL
>>
>>5204256
this is a technology forum though. Time and a place
>>
>implying you didn't buy it for attention in the first place
this is what you wanted, OP
>>
>>52042616
there is no reason why it should cause people to pay attention. my phone looks like a normal phone and the mac has a logo on it just like any other product int he world
>>
>>52042580
If by better than you in my head you mean I have more brains than a simple applefag, that is, in fact, true.
>>
>>52042511
Those are not people, that is your conscience chastising you for being a fucking retard and buying Applel products.

You are just talking to voices in your head, there is no one there John.
>>
>>52042663
the only objective fact we can make at this juncture is that you clearly have a major complex about apple.

Most people IRL who i'm talking about are just insecure in general though. The same coworker also was saying the same thing about cars and comparing a BMW x5 to his Hyundai Tuscan
>>
>>52042702
I think it has been pretty much settled that Apple sucks, and you, in fact, suck for using its products. It also seems obvious that you're something of an armchair psychologist who thinks having any discerning knowledge of digital products is a form of insecurity.

I think that's probably because you have a hidden desire to fuck your own mom, but think your penis is too small to do the job properly
>>
File: 1423451154264.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423451154264.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>52042511
At least know the price for an Apple product is higher then the value.
>>
>>52042744
settled where? on /g/? Try venturing out of /g/. try actually researching your next purchase more than looking at reviews from android central or something. Apple is the gold standard in most products they make. I'm not saying there is no use cases for android or windows though. Drug dealers and gamers need phones and computers too
>>
>>52042702
>Most people IRL who i'm talking about are just insecure
if someone can approach you about it, they're secure about things
if someone has to go to the internet to bitch and whine about being told that they were wrong, then they're the insecure one

invest in a dictionary, luddite
>>
>>52042759
going full non-apple would cost me just as much, if not more, and i'd be about 10 years behind in my workflow efficiency
>>
>>52042511
I have used an iPhone myself and several of my colleagues who fell for the meme. It became apparent the hardware is greatly under powered compared to Samsung and iOS is unstable as fuck with similar glitches and lag that we used to experience in older Android phones.

In the end the latest offering from Samsung is objectively the best phone in the market. Apple is simply clinging on to their last bits of marketing stunts, nothing more.

Their recent drop in stock price is evident the company can no longer milk the idiot fanboys with the same garbage.
>>
>>52042770
incorrect. if somebody feels they need to discuss their rational for why they chose their products to strangers in public, they are insecure. I'm an approachable guy. insecure faggots come up to me all the time, and i be friendly to them
>>
>>52042786
this thread is not about telling me why android is better than apple. it's about talking about how people who do that IRL are annoying. feel free to give examples of this happening to you from insecure apple fans IRL

Like maybe a university was insecure and told you you have to buy a mac for your design course or something
>>
>>52042761
If you want to continue this conversation disregarding facts and coming up with alternatives that only exist within the groupthink mentality of your cult, I'd rather waste my time trying to convince scientologists that we didn't evolve from clams.

I'm not saying there's no use for apple devices though. Make it legal to kill anyone carrying an iPhone, and we'll see IQ levels rise.
>>
>>52042807
I have never met such people. If anyone even thinks they can chastise me on my lifestyle, I let them have it. Not sure where you live and work.

People in my area mind their own fucking business.
>>
>>52042786
>In the end the latest offering from Samsung is objectively the best phone in the market.
show me legit reviews that say this
>>
>>52042812
i have not seen any facts in this thread. and the closest thing you are going to find as a fact in this debate is professional reviews. customer sat ratings, privacy policies, app store content, and so on. none of it is objective. and like i said there are use cases for android and PC's. Even chromebooks are great if you don't care about the price and just use webapps
>>
>>52042827
Reviews? Written by paid shills with each reviewer giving a different rating. No two people are alike, so test it for yourself and see how it compliments your lifestyle.

I fell for this review/ratings meme and bought many things /g/ had recommended, they were absolute garbage. So don't even listen to me, go to a store and test the phone yourself.
>>
>>52042870
oh ok so reviews are a conspiracy. pk.

Show me customer sat ratings then
>>
>>52042858
Do you not realize how bad you seem to have fallen for this apple thing? If you're saying the closest thing to a fact is the subjective opinion of a reviewer (who's about as knowledgeable about technology as you) you have no respect to fact-finding as a method of understanding reality. You live in a dream world, I'm sorry to say.
>>
>pull out my gamer labtop with ubuntu xbox edition and begin to play some csgo
>op pays $10,000 for an apple cable tie for his wireless connection
>close the labtop, get into my gigantic hamster ball and walk away
>>
Just say you got it as a gift and it works fine. You sure you don't secretly live for this shit?
>>
>>52042923
give an objective reason why i should use an android device over an iPhone. You are either going to give me a use case, or a single feature that it has that iOS doesn't, and that feature also likely only applies to certain use cases.

You obviously don't read 3 reviews and go out and buy whatever had the best rating. this is 2015. There are whole ecosystems that you have to consider, and the reviewers don't know your own use case.

At present i am all in on apple ecosystem, I keep tabs on android devices and PCs, but i'm not wanting to switch at all until something better comes along. Initially i probably read reviews for an iPod nano and bought that, the rest has progressively flown on from that.

For me an android phone is currently useless. Google don't make a desktop OS, due to privacy concerns with advertising companies, the only google services i use are search and youtube, and nothing else of theirs is compelling anyway. I don't like their philosophy turning websites into walled garden web apps that are basically just bookmarks and offer nothing a native app can. I don't like that the chromcast doesn't have a remote or a UI. and so on

Microsoft stuff i actually really like currently, Windows is still super rough but 10 is the best yet. the surface is awesome though. I'm not going to switch back to microsoft until they get more developers though.

This is an abstract of my reasons for choosing apple. none of it is objective. What are your personal reasons for choosing your ecosystem? I hope it's not because apple are gay and overpriced. That is a negative factor, whereas i base my decisions on positive factors
>>
>>52042511
>ThinkPad wi th windows 10

No one can be that retrded, can they?
>>
>>52042972
i don't say anything. i laugh and change the subject. if they are talking about it because they are considering one, i just be very vague and tell them that i'm happy with mine
>>
File: 1424762664969.gif (1 MB, 398x305) Image search: [Google]
1424762664969.gif
1 MB, 398x305
>>52042511
>people attempting to one-up you because you use a different computer/OS than they do
>usually because "muh cheaper"

Does this really happen? Does this get extended into a full-blown conversation? Do people really give a shit outside of the internet? The most I ever got was "wow, nice phone" or "wow, nice computer", and then they carry on to the actual conversation about something else.

Mind you, I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a MacBook Pro, and I keep them in pristine condition.
>>
OP what the fuck man its almost 2016 why are you still using apple products?
>>
>>52042554
>thinkpad with windows 10 is.
>/g/entooman

wtf?
>>
>>52043020
Not OP, but I only sperg at people if they start going "my iPhone is better than your phone", and they become insistent, in which case, I will pull every fact out my ass until they shut up.

Case in point, this girl called Lucy was a Macbook/iPad/iphone fanatic, and there were many arguments. A short while later, she dropped her iPhone and smashed it into pieces. The next time I saw her, she asked "Which phone should I get?"

Always pleased about the little victories.
>>
>>52042702
>buying a BMW ever
>ever
>>
>>52042511
i'll take shit that never happened for 500
>>
>>52043020
it happens both ways. i've been in the room and overheard apple fans really trying to sell apple to android users who are probably happy with their devices and not wanting to talk about it anyway.

All i know is that there is a time and a place for it, and even with family members you shouldn't try and twist their arm and get them to buy what you want. IT's fun trying to work out an optimal setup for each individual or family actually. One of my sisters hates apple stuff, so i try and make her microsfoft centric setup as modern as possible. She is also old fashioned as well though so at the same time it has to still be as simple as apple stuff, but without the price tag
>>
>>52042771
>going full non-apple would cost me just as much
I have a difficult time believing this is accurate unless you are pirating software or including full suite products that was pirated (or used pared down apple versions).
>>
>>52042511
>i pull out my iPhone in public
Eww. No wonder people talk to you like a retard.
>>
>>52043047
>implying Windows isn't the most used operating system on /g/

kek
>>
>>52043066
they are probably the most fun to drive as far as affordable luxury cars go. they cheap out on the interiors now though compared to MB
>>
>>52043085

most used?
maybe
most /g/?
fuck no
>>
>>52043072
xbox is more than the apple tv for example and it doesn't cut your cable as well either. I don't need the gaming power so it'd be nice if microsoft just made a cheaper setup box. Surface is also much the same cost as apple but has no apps
>>
>>52043095
>he doesn't know /g/ used to be hosted on Mac Mini's running Windows Server 2008

fucking LOL
>>
>>52043078
acting 8 on /g/ is also getting a bit old IMHO
>>
>>52043114
/g/ was clearly coded and designed on a linux netbook or something though
>>
>>52043116
I've heard that iFags prefer them younger.
>>
>>52043105
>xbox is more than the apple tv
Xbox rather than a Roku or Amazon Fire stick?

>Surface
I didn't realize Apple made anything that was equivalent to the Surface. Are we upgrading while trying to migrate?
>>
>>52043131
Jewt used a Macbook.
>being this fucking new
>>
>>52043155
doesn't xbox run windows 10 now? in theory if windows still had devs, you could probably run windows store apps on your xbox too, and lots of other cross over with other windows stuff.

I see the options like this

Full Apple
Full Google
Full Microsoft
Mix and Match

Mix and match might be Windows PCs, Android phone and tablet, or surface tablet, xbox, or playstation, or rook etc, google services, dropbox, etc

Just kinda whatever is the "best" product as a standalone device. I prefer a setup with synergy though. By now either Steam should have really entered the living room better, or Xbox should have entered the PC a lot better and that would help non-apple ecosystems a lot more, Currently though using non-apple stuff is just a mix and match shiftiest of different philophophies and approaches and stuff that doesn't like talking to each other
>>
>>52043161
I know that. He didn't make the image board tech or the styles though dipshit
>>
>>52043256
>Mix and match might be Windows PCs, Android phone and tablet, or surface tablet, xbox, or playstation, or rook etc, google services, dropbox, etc
Yeah. That would be:
>full non-apple

>is just a mix and match shiftiest
Just because you don't have one overlord controlling everything doesn't make it a shitfest. You actually have to think (and read) for yourself instead of letting Apple do everything little decision for you.
>>
>>52043256
You forgot full Linux.
>GNU/Linux Desktop
>GNU/Linux Laptop
>GNU/Linux Server
>GNU/Linux Router
>Linux Tablet
>Linux Phone
Meanwhile on the Apple side you don't have a router or a server. So it's proprietary side, including apple, that's a mix and match shitfest.
>>
>>52042511
>want's
please leave
>>
>>52043289
don't get me wrong, i'm more capable on a mix and match shiftiest than you probably are. I just don't like it, i don't like not having apps available. i don't like having to pay for things twice or more, i don't like inconsistent design languages, philosophies, millions of things.

A mix and match setup is 5 years behind mine, and this is before we start looking at products individually, which the entire industry seems to also rate apple stuff the best.

If you really don't like apple, consider not pirating everything, so that your own setup can be good in about 5-10 years time
>>
>>52043306
linux is 1% and not really relevant to discuss. People who use it know why the do.
>>
>>52043374
They use it cause its better, duh
>>
>>52043345
>he checks his spelling and grammar on a disposable anonymous shitposting forum
>>
>>52043362
>I just don't like it
What I found questionable was not what you do or do not like. What I found questionable was:
>going full non-apple would cost me just as much
It seems this conclusion is based upon an unwillingness to explore options outside of what Apple decides for you rather than any recognition of cost/utility comparisons.
>>
>>52043383
better for them. that's what i said. They must be server admins i guess using it on servers or cash registers :/
>>
>>52043395
>:/
I think the best setup for you is a bottle of bleach.
>>
>computer illiterates
>Leave that discussion for your reddit posts

what?
>>
>>52043390
I've already pointed out that the xbox is more than the apple tv.

The surface is much the same as an iPad (neither of which i have a need for)

A compelling windows laptop is normally more expensive except for asus, which i don't want anyway.

Not sure how much their watch is but i know it's shit

Windows phone is shit, so i'd go for a flagship android, which is also shit, and doesn't' work with windows well (only chrome browser)

And i have to buy seperate stuff for everything in the off chance i find something still being made for windows and find it on android too. Xbox games are about 50x more expensive than apple tv games.

It really don't stop. it's either much worse or more expensive, not sure as i'm not an accountant.
>>
>>52043403
words are 5% of the way humans communicate. emojis help a lot. deal with it queer
>>
>>52043384
Your mistake sticks out like a sore thumb.
A post about how superior you are and yet you don't even know basics of basics.
>>
>>52043456
i know that spelling is not important on /g/
>>
>>52043439
>I've already pointed out that the xbox is more than the apple tv.
For a function that OTHER products were pointed out conduct without the extra cost. But it seems are you sticking to your straw grasping of the most expensive streaming product regardless of what other products are available.

>The surface is much the same as an iPad
The Surface is much more than any iPad, even the iPad pro. Again, you were informed of this mismatch but you still stick to grasping at this straw for what appears to be the sole purpose of being the most expensive even though there are other products that are far less expensive.

>which i don't want anyway.
It seems price only matters to you when your feelings are involved.

I am done trying to discuss this with you as it seems you are going to choose to disregard inconvenient facts as they are presented simply because "you don't like them."
>>
>>52043479
Notice how you're the only one writing in all lowercase. Your knowledge is erroneous. You do not belong. Go.
>>
>>52043484
>For a function that OTHER products were pointed out conduct without the extra cost.
this is the point where i pointed out that in 2015 i would assume the xbox ties into windows much more than a roku does. This is all hypothetical, anyway, because after a few ours of working out what non-apple setup i would buy, i would decide that i need to buy all apple stuff
>>
>>52043496
how does knowing my time is more important than spelling on /g/ correlate to knowledge in general exactly?
>>
>>52043525
Your knowledge about /g/. Jesus. Reading comprehension.
>>
>>52043515
>i would assume the xbox ties into windows
>i would assume
Clearly, you don't know. A function you don't know is included or not for Xbox but _is_ with the cheaper Roku and you expect me to believe you are not choosing the more expensive product simply because it is more expensive?

If you want gaming (apple gaming? oh the lels) and tv streaming and apps get the Nvidia Shield.
>>
OP's condescending post is doing exactly as he's asking us not to do.

And fuck you OP, you act like you're all high and mighty and then you go make a joke about people with downs.
>>
>>52043533
you never specified the knowledge you were talking about was knowledge about this image board. This thread will be gone in a few hours, and only fuckwits look at the archives. every second extra it takes for me to get my point across, or control my thread, is wasted time
>>
>>52042511
You are a brand whore, people don't like brand whores. You say macbook/iphone instead of laptop/phone. I bet you call coffee starbucks.
>>
>>52043546
i assumed it because it's 2015

So give me a run down of your hardware setup
>>
>>52043557
Yeah. I never did. You did. In the post I was replying to. Your attention span is not good enough to remember the previous post you wrote.

Or you're too retarded to see the connection.

Pick whatever suites you better.
>>
>>52043570
>i assumed it because it's 2015
The year doesn't change the fact that you are still making a decision based upon ignorance.
>>
File: 21321561321.jpg (156 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
21321561321.jpg
156 KB, 500x362
>>
>>52043569
OP dint' make any sense if i didn't mention what phone and laptop it was. The thread was intended to see if the reverse situation happens to you guys.

I guarantee you are more of a consumer whore than i am. i only own the bare essentials and throw all old stuff out or sell it. Apple stuff just consistantly doesn't end up in a closet or on eBay And whenever i'm after something new, apple stuff is the top rated thing across the entire internet anyway
>>
>>52043573
reread the posts.

>>52043578
what decision did i make in ignorance?
>>
>>52043626
>what decision did i make in ignorance?
If I really have to point it out a third time it isn't worth the effort.
>>
>>52043626
>>reread the posts.
Done. It's there.
>>
>>52043105
wow what a retard

>xbox isn't as good as apple tv for cable cutting
probably because its a fucking game console, why would you even compare the two?
>surface same cost as apple but has no apps
whats the matter, couldn't find the app store? it runs windows, they just called programs outside of apples walled garden.
as if apple even sells a product like the surface in the first place
>>
>>52043654
let me explain how it wasn't ignorant for you without you having to point out what you meant.

I compared the xbox to the apple tv as both are the respected companies attempt at the living room. If the xbox in fact doesn't tie into a windows desktop in 2015, then the hypothetical scenario stops right there as the suspension of disbelief that i would buy a windows computer today has ceased. Rook i know for a fact doesn't tie into windows, so again the scenario is voided.

What setup do yu have by the way
>>
>>52043680
>as if apple even sells a product like the surface in the first place
I'd caution against trying to point out these facts to him as he was already informed of the disparities of his comparisons.

>I compared the xbox to the apple tv as both are the respected companies attempt at the living room.
And this statement rather proves it.
>>
>>52043688
>I compared the xbox to the apple tv as both are the respected companies attempt at the living room.
The Xbox is a game console and not comparable in any way to Apple TV other than being another major corporation and plugs into a television. You sir, are not only ignorant but willfully ignorant.
>>
>>52043680
how do i get all my windows store apps on my tv them?

This rhetorical questions has many layers that points out how shit a windows centric ecosystem is in 2015

Does the roku have cantina etc?

I know the xbox is expensive because it plays games. That doesn't change that it is more expensive than the apple tv for a cable cutter
>>
File: ls0QN.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ls0QN.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>52042511
Is this alternate world? Where PC fags pretend to be Applefags?
>>
>>52043697
an underlying point of mine is that there is not direct comparison. There's no setup box that brings windows to your TV. there's no tablet with touchscreen optimised apps. etc.

All you guys are reinforcing is that it would make sense for somebody to choose non-apple over all apple
>>
>>52043708
the xbox is microsofts attempt at the living room. deal with it queer. Google it sometime.
>>
>>52043716
>windows store
it just gets more and more stupid

you just connect your computer to the tv. with, say, an hdmi cable

why in gods name would you want an "anything-centric ecosystem"
biological science has proven long ago that monocultures are destined to fail
>>
>>52043733
>there is not direct comparison
Right. There is no directly comparable product to Apple TV made by Roku or Amazon. . . .

>There's no setup box that brings windows to your TV.
Why does there need to be? Correct me if I am wrong but there is no setup box that brings OSX to your TV either.
>>
>>52043750
>the xbox is microsofts attempt at the living room.
[citation needed]
Last I checked Xbox was a device intended to support the importance of Microsoft's API Direct X thus why it is called the X (as in DirectX) Box.

You only prove that your ignorance is entirely intentional as you refuse to bother with facts.
>>
why on Earth would you even consider having only Apple brand tech devices, or Microsoft brand tech devices.

Its like you deliberately want to not think for yourself.
"I'll just let apple make all my informed decisions for me" - OP
>>
Why exactly does /g/ not like apple? It amazes me.
No
Microsoft because of Windows 10 and Xbox one fiasco
No Google
Because, well anyone here knows
No chrome
Because botnet

But if it's Apple, /g/ spouts "shit from hands", or its for fags. Maybe someone will say something about throttling,

But why would you want a laptop that doesn't throttle to protect itself? That's like saying you don't want a car to only use two cylinders, even though if it uses the third and fourth one it might catch fire.

I wonder these things. And then I remember /g/ is populated by 14 yr olds shilling nVidia and razor, that can't hold a decent conversation, against or for their product they like. And when someone does, you call them shills.
>>
>>52043781
>Its like you deliberately want to not think for yourself.
This. Oh so much THIS. Not just THIS but VERY FUCKING THIS.
>>
The problem isn't OP, the problem is all the fanboys. Applefags get all upset at everyone because they can't see why Apple is so great. Androidfags get upset at Applefags because Androidfags are unreasonably disgusted by everything Apple. Androidfags are literally just Applefags but for Google instead of Apple. Both of these groups are so blind that they don't realize that some people chose the device they have because it works for them, not because it has a big apple logo on the back or because it says nexus.

Android-bros recommend an android phone because it works well for what they use it for.
Androidfags recommend an android phone because it's not apple
Apple-bros recommend an apple phone because it works well for what they use it for.
Applefags recommend an apple phone because it fits nicely up their ass and it's some sort of status symbol.

I've used all three major platforms, and personally I like windows phone the best. All platforms have their perks though.
>>
File: haha.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Because you purchased a fashion accessory with the notion of it being used for computing.
>>
>>52043754
here is my underlying point, but i didn't anticipate you guys thinking that is was acceptable in 2015. i gotta go but you can keep learning about how funcking retarded you all are by searching with google.com and using some critical thought
>>
>>52043808
>i gotta go
Don't leave mad. Just leave.
>>
OP is the kind of person who'd have bought a Filofax in the 80s because that's what all the cool kids did.
>>
>>52043781
it puts you 5 years ahead of something like an iphone+windows pc+android tablet+ playstation for instance.

It's not creating a monopoly. each company has their own ecosystem, and multiple ecosystems can survive just like multiple tech companies can. choose one and go with it. Apple's is the only one i'd currently use though as the others are hopeless
>>
File: 00286-Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg (108 KB, 449x300) Image search: [Google]
00286-Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg
108 KB, 449x300
This isn't about technology. This is about someone who is throwing a pity fest /thread.
>>
>>52043790
>why would you want a laptop that doesn't throttle to protect itself?
What laptop made today doesn't throttle to protect itself?
>>
I'm pretty sure Xbox is not Microsoft's attempt at the living room
>>
File: 1325757229435.jpg (54 KB, 432x317) Image search: [Google]
1325757229435.jpg
54 KB, 432x317
>>
>>52043603
>OP dint' make any sense if i didn't mention what phone and laptop it was.
Yes it wouldn't have but IRL you still mention it because you are a brand whore and everyone knows it.

> I guarantee you are more of a consumer whore than i am.
There's not even a chance of that. You're grasping at straws and changing the subject.

>i only own the bare essentials and throw all old stuff out or sell it.
-throw out all the bare essentials to buy new shiny things
-not a consumer whore
Pick one, you minimalist faggot hipster.

>.... Apple ... Ebay ... apple ....
Definitely not a brand whore! :^)
>>
>>52043816
not mad. i come here for fun. i'll be back in a bit
>>
>>52043829
>5 years ahead
what does this even mean?
I have a iphone, a windows pc, an android tablet, and a playstation and here were are, in 2015, both shitting up 4chan somehow

as if they're is some kind of futuristic super combo that can be achieved by owning every apple device at the same time
>>
>>52043820
i didn't use anything apple until vista

>hurt it was cool to hate vista lol

no, it was required to hate vista. It killed everyones file transfer speeds for almost 12 months. they are still slower now than they were in XP. That was just the last straw though. plus i grew out of games about that time
>>
>>52043848
what is there attempt at the living room then? are you trolling me?
>>
>>52043836
That's exactly what I'm saying anon.
People give shit to MacBooks because they do throttle at points, but then turn a blind eye to all other laptops in existence.

It is what it is, a laptop will throttle the cpu to save itself. I don't understand why /g/ doesn't understand this. Hell, I have a laptop that throttles its cpu to 800mHz if I don't use the power supply brick shit that came with it.
>>
>>52043865
i don't even know if i mention iPhone or just phone or not. i don't think about it much, as i'm not a consumer whore with ASD. I definitely say iPhone or mac when i'm' complaining about something though. It's an easy way to win over the IT nerds at work
>>
File: 68421.png (383 KB, 924x513) Image search: [Google]
68421.png
383 KB, 924x513
>>52042511
>pulling stories out of your ass
>>
>>52043906
>People give shit to MacBooks because they do throttle at points
No, people give shit to Macbooks because they throttle far too often in comparison to every other laptop.

Either way, it is clear the "why would you want a laptop that doesn't throttle to protect itself" was clearly a non-issue as every laptop does but on Apple's laptop gets criticized for how and how often it throttles.
>>
>>52043906
tall poppy syndrome. it's only losers who bag on apple though, if you go to any tech site you'll see that they are always rated the highest regardless. Even anandtech who does 500 page reviews rates them highest in the end
>>
>>52043896
What the fuck does it even mean? there is no way microsoft attempted a living room and ended up with just an xbox.

>implying microsoft ever attempted a living room in the first place
>>
>>52043931
don't they get better benchmark scores and encoding times than competing products though? They are designed around the TDP specced by intel. Only the faulty ones overheat
>>
>>52043969
>don't they get better benchmark scores and encoding times than competing products though?
Arguable (has been and will be here on /g/) but irrelevant to the question about throttling.
>>
>>52043960
oh sorry i didn't realise you didn't understand tech terms

an attempt at the living room is an attempt at creating a product for the living room. an attempt at the wrist is an attempt at creating a product for the wrist. not rocket science
>>
>>52043979
if 100% of them indeed throttle, and still are faster than the competition, then it is clearly designed that way. Fans in my MBA never speed up from idle though. new macs don't even have fans. apple are just trying to bring you the future, today, for a premium price. Most laptop now are as thin as the original MBA was, and you all thought it was a dead end meme product

It's funny how most of you now think the same thing about Tesla
>>
>>52043896
Is this retard still trying to argue an assertion made without evidence? Just reject his assertion without evidence in return or point him to HTPCs.
>>
>>52043943
I own and like my iphone but i'll be the first to admit its a seriously crippled device. Can't even do a universal remote app, despite there being dozens in the app store. It can't even connect with a universal usb cable. My only chance of increasing the memory of my phone was when i bought it new, for roughly $10 USD per gigabyte
In order to replace the battery I have to pry the screen off with a razorblade and fucking suction cup.
The exterior is made out of a soft aluminum alloy and glass for fucks sake, not even special glass. they shatter all the time, pretty much everybody has seen a shattered iphone at least once in they're life
>>
>>52044023
>if 100% of them indeed throttle, and still are faster than the competition, then it is clearly designed that way
Or the reviewers get special review samples that have throttling turned down/off. Or reviewers get paid to overlook it/change the tests. Or . . .
There are lots of ways around this (we've seen this with GPUs and even diesel automobiles). Please don't make blatant arguments from ignorance.
>>
>>52043920
It's ok, we know what you are and now you realize it too. Just realize are not a walking advertisement, you're a person. It's not too late to fix this.
>>
Apple devices have always sucked. It's always been an open secret and those too inept to deal with technology like rational human beings, have always fallen for the meme.

If somebody is kind enough to point out the error of your ways, you shouldn't get mad and go full autist on him but perhaps listen to what he has to say.
>>
>>52043986
all I'm reading here is that you need apple to tell you how to use your living room. Microsoft has never expressly told you "this device is for the living room" so you assume no MS devices or any devices running MS software belong in the living room.
All you have to do is start thinking for yourself, bro.
I for one use a windows computer in my living room and it seems to functions just fine.
>>
>>52044025
Microsoft bailed on htpcs when they disconintued MCE and MC in Windows 8+. How do i know this and i don't even use windows

>>52044038
>hurt apple being good is a conspiracy you guys!
Seriously. wake up to yourselves.
>>
File: compliance71ak.jpg (49 KB, 424x512) Image search: [Google]
compliance71ak.jpg
49 KB, 424x512
What is /g/s favorite QI charger? I've heard a lot of great things when it comes to the Nokia DT-900.
Picture unrelated.
>>
>>52044095
Pointing out how you are making a conclusion based upon a lack of evidence is not calling criticizing Apple. I could criticize Apple for blaming errors on their users or reviewers who didn't catch simple issues ("you're just holding wrong" ring any bells?) but that isn't relevant to this thread. Simple fact of the matter is, some idiot asked a retarded question in an sad attempt to apologize for an issue with Apple laptops that many of its users complain about.

I assume you are the same retard as you resort to making up some bullshit argument about "conspiracy" in response to having a failure at logic criticized.
>>
>>52044057
i could switch you to apple if i had 3 hours one on one to go over how it can benefit you individually. Existing apple users have been able to do this themselves without somebody to hold their hand for them.

If you are under 20, shut the fuck up about apple until you grow up a bit.

If you are over 20, do some more research and get some counciling for your apple complex.

If you actually don't care about apple or apple users and are just using what you find the best. congratulations, you are a normal. feel free to share your opinions on the internet
>>
They're faggots

it happens everywhere, normies feel a great need to justify themselves. It's always the people who have no hobbies too

>order some oysters/mussels
>oh wow you eat seafood gross i hate shellfish this one time i had them and it made me sick lol i dont know how you can eat them it's so weird that you're justing eating shellfish as if it's food like im actually eating rice and curry and sauce and youre just sitting there with shells with slime in them XDDDD

fucking christ i dont care dude
>>
>>52044122
did you not just claim a conspiracy where apple give special units to reviewers?
>>
>>52044124
why would you waste 3 hours of somebody's life to try and convince him to use literally the worst OS in the world?
>>
>>52044095
>Microsoft bailed on htpcs when they disconintued MCE and MC in Windows 8+. How do i know this and i don't even use windows
No they discontinued MCE because of the licensing fees. (IIRC it's a $10 fee for every computer that can play a copy protected DVD) They tried out making Windows 8 slightly cheaper and then having a media center addon. When no one bought that, they bothered to not even port it to 10. This is also why starting with Windows 8, computers don't have native software to play a dvd and why most computers stopped even coming with a dvd drive.
>>
>>52044139
Did you just fail at reading comprehension and not grasp the point and fixating on one thing that wasn't the point?
>>
>>52044145
what OS do you use currently? regardless, it no developers it may not even be unix
>>
>>52044156
i'm doing a million things at once. did you not claim a conspiracy or something though?
>>
>>52042644
You also payed for a piece of shit. Hipster products which only idiots buy.

You paid more for fruit then the guy shopping at that rip off fruit shop does.

Fuck you are a dumb cunts asking everyone to respect your stupid decisions.
>>
>>52044174
>i'm doing a million things at once.
Might I suggest you learn to prioritize or at the very least read what was actually written before responding to a post?
>>
>>52044175
How old are you, do you go outside often, and do you have autism? Are all your friends nerds? you may not be eligible to talk rationally about tech
>>
>>52044191
i am prioritising.

Did you claim a conspiracy? i don't even remember what we were talking about. all i remember is you suggested a conspiracy was happening but you don't seem to now be able to acknowledge you are batshit crazy
>>
Merry christmas guys. gotta go. I seriously hope you apple complex people are all still children
>>
>>52044221
>Did you claim a conspiracy?
No, I did not. Why do you think I keep pointing out that you misread what was written?

>i don't even remember what we were talking about.
Clearly because you are too good to bother even when you know you don't remember what the point was. You know you lack key information and you get told you lack key information but you keep harping on something that doesn't function on key information. Why? I ask this in all seriousness because it demonstrates you give little to no consideration to other people's opinions.

Are you some how a perfect being incapable of being wrong? Are you so egotistical to believe that you have a better grasp of what someone wrote than the person himself telling you got it wrong even AFTER YOU REALIZE YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER what you are discussing?
>>
Butthurt macfag
>>
>>52044124
I'm not trying to get you to switch, use whatever the hell you want to. I'm trying to get you to stop being a consumerist brand whore.

The only one with a complex is you. You see apple as more than just a company and its products as more than just products. The don't augment your value, whether you use them or not is meaningless.
>>
>>52042997
>I keep tabs on android devices and PCs
>Google don't make a desktop OS
Your shitposting is obvious now. Kindly fuck off.

iPhones can't do a single thing Android can't, you can ONLY GAIN from switching.

Windows 10 is slow as fuck and currently shit. All of its proprietary applications are nearly useless in their current state. The same can be said for OSX, except for the latter statement.

I personally hate Apple because they have fooled morons like you into thinking their products are better than others because they appeal to the modern artistic style. I wouldn't mind apple if they were honest people, but they just hypnotize their customers through advertising and shilling. Their products are literal shit. From their integrated graphics on laptops to their 1 GB of RAM on mobile. At this rate, Apple will be owning a monopoly, and you can throw anything that's ACTUALLY "new and innovative" into the garbage. There are retards that really believe the iWatch was an original idea, even though smartwatches have been around for 6 years now on Android. People go about their day thinking Android is shit and has no features, yet it has far more than Apple, and Apple will continue to copy them repeatedly and make more money every time.

They fired Bill Gates because he wasn't "appealing to the younger audience", but they didn't realize that he was the only man keeping that company alive. Now they're shitting out products like Windows Phones and Windows 8+ because you brainwashed faggots brag about owning minimalistic garbage.
>>
>>52044498
chromeOS is not a desktop OS. it's just a browser to run web apps
>>
>>52044520
That's still wrong, but okay.
>>
>>52044164
>it no developers
go poo in the loo panjeet

>also
I use linux which has objectively the most developers on the project.
>>
>>52044498
all of my this
>>
>>52044127
Unlike OP's, I believe your story.
>>
>>52042511
>"want's"
kill yourself
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>52042511

OP is either a troll or a stereotypically retarded macfag.

That being said, Apple is doing a good thing by pushing privacy so hard. So I respect them on that front.
>>
>>52042511
Jesus Christ OP, you're retarded.
Enjoy your broken devices next time apple releases an update.
IPhone is so shit a 2013 Nexus 5 feels more responsive on marhsmallow than the iPhone 6s does on 9.1
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.