[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Screenfetch + ChromeOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
yo /g/, I'm attempting to get screenfetch currently in crosh with shell and everything and I got through most steps but eventually I did "chmod +x screenfetch" to make it execute, but when I typed ./screenfetch it says "bash: /screenfetch: No such file or directory"
>>
install an actual distro
>>
>>52041704
yeah I will in a bit though, just wanna make chrome OS better and have some fun with it right now.
>>
git gud
>>
try this and post results

ls -l screenfetch
>>
Honestly, ChromeOS isn't all that hackable. If you want/need more than a Web browser and document editor you need to install a Linux distro. There are a few ChromeOS-like variants out there that keep the style.
>>
>>52041758
>>
>>52041758
also it tells me permission denied
>>
>>52041790
lol idk 2bh family
>>
I'm actually curious about it and don't want to buy a 100 dollar laptop
la -l /

It could just not have access to proc. Meaning shit won't work unless you change the owner to chronus or whatever the fuck it said
>>
>>52041890
ls -l /
>>
Try running it as super user,
sudo ./screenfetch
>>
>>52041914
it listed a bunch of root shit so I think it should be able to work, maybe I need to change something during the install, I know for sure I saw some guy do screenfetch from chrome os, not sure how he got it to fully work though.
>>
>>52041985
didnt work
>>
Move your screenfetch executable to your ~/downloads then in that directory type $bash screenfetch.
>>
>>52041986
Yep. As I thought. /proc is owned by root. And I'm sure Google is smart enough to stop you from opening it. You need access to root
>>
>>52042017
Woah, it kinda worked, just doesnt recognize some things like the chrome OS, pretty nice though. Do you know what would even cause it to do this? It seems to work but just can't grab some things.
>>
>>52042110

Most likely just isn't set to detect ChromeOS stuff so I'm sure the scanner gets confused and stops.
>>
>>52042150
hmm, weird, I saw some people get this completely installed. By chance would having an ARM CPU mess with it?
>>
There is a chromeos acsii art. I have been able to do it before and detect all my things in the native chromeos. The problem is most likely due to your arm cpu.
>>
>>52042177
Would be my guess actually, since a lot of shit isn't really optimized for the ARM architecture. At least it kidna works, would it fully work on a distro or would I get the same result.
>>
>>52042199
If you installed crouton it should show everything properly.
>>
>>52042169
The guy posting in desktop threads with the ChromeOS screenfetch is using chromebrew. Unfortunately, it is only fully supported on Intel CPU equipped Chromebooks.

I am not sure if screenfetch is already available for ARM equipped Chromebook. I haven't tried it yet on my Samsung Chromebook Exynos dual.
>>
>>52041818
>what is elevating permissions.
Retard kys and install gentoo
>>
>>52043150
man it's worse than I thought, I can't even get any distros on it either. shit be fucked and cucked
>>
>>52043349
Are you kidding? There are tons of ARM distros.
>>
>>52041687
Restart to update, fag
>>
>>52043720
kek i just found out theres a glitch with crouton where i need to be on the stable channel to do it, rip gg gotta powerwash fuck
>>
>>52041687
Good lord. Learn to use a terminal
>>
>nobody noticed he typed /screenfetch instead of ./screenfetch
>>
>>52045349
>I did and it said permission denied or w/e
Nigger pls
>52045188
I manually set it up and followed instructions, not my problem but something is weird about this chromebook, wont get me install anything with crouton and what not.
>>
>Running gentoo without knowing
>>
>>52041687
i dont use cos but try

$ mv screenFetch-master/screenfetch-dev /usr/bin
$ sudo mv screenFetch-master/screenfetch-dev /usr/bin/
$ cd /usr/bin
$ sudo mv screenfetch-dev screenfetch
$ chmod 755 screenfetch
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.