[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weaker aluminum laptop vs beefier but chunkier plastic laptop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
i have a limited budget, mostly for office use, maybe, maybe, some light gaming. im torn between the weak zenbook, the i3 lenovo yoga,(both aluminum) vs a plastic acer with an i5 and a 940m
>>
>>52041070
>limited budget
>concerned about aesthetics
please go with the acer
>>
If you're a clumsy fucking idiot, aluminum.

If you still have your Compaq Contura Aero from 1999 in mint condition because you slide it into your bag and secure it instead of throwing it around like a frisbee, then get the Acer. There are no problems with even cheap laptops if you treat them properly.
>>
>>52041070
>please go with the acer
I wouldn't ever go with Acer. Cheap shitty laptops with trackpads and keyboards that mysteriously lag or drop out.

Get a used business tier laptop (thinkpad, elitebook, or some other equivalent from other brands).
>>
Over all the Acer with the 940m will be better than the zenbook from looks to performance. Cheap aluminum looks like shit while cheap plastic still looks decent.
>>
>>52041096
well, if hes using it for office shit, the lower teir zenbooks can do it. and they look pretty suave too
>>
Get the zenbook. I've owned dozens of Asus products in the past and they've all been great and super reliable. There's no such thing as free lunch. While the Acer might have nicer guts, if the parts that interface with them are of inferior quality (remember that the cost savings has to come from somewhere), chances are all that power on tap won't be of much use.
>>
File: 1450738765292.jpg (144 KB, 800x650) Image search: [Google]
1450738765292.jpg
144 KB, 800x650
>>52041070
>i have a limited budget
>buying new

Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>52041188
I'll take the one with the inferior specs and planned obsolescence.
>>
>>52041070
> huge display bezels
top kek
>>
>>52041188
>>52041850
Look when you're on a tight budget sometimes you just can't indulge in the extra $1. It's tough times.
>>
>>52041889
>having bezel at all
why tho
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.