[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain why Mozilla's product development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: mozilla-firefox.jpg (43 KB, 560x460) Image search: [Google]
mozilla-firefox.jpg
43 KB, 560x460
Can someone please explain why Mozilla's product development strategy is to make a slower version of Chrome?
>>
It is more respectful towards the mentally challenged. Check your privilege, fast thinking CIS scum.
>>
>>52039748
Google pays them to be an artificial competitor that's always inferior.
>>
>>52039791
Pretty sure it's Yahoo who pays them these days
>>
It isn't. That's just your project.
>>
>>52039748
It runs just fine on Linux. It's more of a Windows problem. Somehow the Windows version is way too bloated, just like Windows itself.
>>
>>52039805
Then explain why it's increasingly like Chrome except far slower.
>>
>>52039815
No, Mozilla has always had major performance issues since the beginning of its existence (and, to be fair, Netscape did too). It's kind of inexplicable how they still haven't fixed it.
>>
>>52039821
1. Adobe Flash
2. You have a corrupted profile
3. Your extensions are slowing everything down
>>
>>52039748
They are spending 15 thousand dollars to remove "master" and "slave" from their code. That is why.
>>
>>52039843
Firefox works for me. I don't know what you're doing wrong.
>>
>>52039843
Not true. As someone who has abandoned Windows several years ago, I can tell you that Firefox runs much smoother on Linux. It was immediately noticeable to me.
>>
>>52039852
No, it really is way slower, even without extensions or any other bullshit, used across multiple PCs.

>>52039882
Well, I don't remember that, but it's been a while since I used Linux on the desktop. Still, it runs like utter shit for 90% of its users for some reason.

And it still doesn't explain why it's trending to being more like Chrome. Surely people who want to use Chrome will just use Chrome? Where's the unique features?
>>
>>52039815
>>52039882

This. I thought Firefox was just ok until I switched to linux, the difference really is like day and night.
>>
>using chrome
Enjoy your botnet, faggots
>>
>>52040192
>not using Chrome
Enjoy your memory leaks
>>
>>52039917
It's fine for us maan
>>
>>52039748
FF is actually faster anon
>>
Feminism is directly responsible for Firefoxes' poor performance. Mozilla decided that hiring "empowered wymxn" was of higher priority than people with actual fucking programming skill.
>>
PALE MOON
A
L
E

M
O
O
N
>>
Comparing how speedy something feels across platforms is stupid and entirely subjective.

>>52039748
It's not a strategy, its all they're capable of. To do something different would require them to think, to implement ideas would require them to be competent. They are cutting features not because their useless but because the don't understand them and can't maintain them.
>>
Mozilla went full retard.
>>
It's not that their development strategy is to make a slower Chrome, it's that Firefox is so bogged down with legacy code that in their attempts to make it faster they strip out features instead of re-implementing them in better ways.

Firefox is a total clusterfuck and has been a clusterfuck its entire life. The difference now is that they can't stay relevant with that clusterfuck anymore.
>>
>>52039804
As they pay on google's behalf it's even better because it hides their relationship.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.