[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way I can make an adapter that plugs into the FM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: s-l1000.jpg (74 KB, 1000x651) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
74 KB, 1000x651
Is there any way I can make an adapter that plugs into the FM antenna port of my car's head unit and ends in an AUX input for my phone? I'm sick of niggers stealing my head units when I just want a damn AUX port.

Pic related is the antenna port.
>>
move out of the ghetto
>>
>>52037411
Yes, but you'd need to build an FM modulator.
So no.
>>
>>52037411

thats stupid.

why not get one of the cheap 2 dins that have an antitheft cover ( a cover of a headunit that looks old as shit)

you can buy those from ebay.
>>
no.

Antenna picks up RF signals with carrier wave on it. Radio then tunes to the carrier wave frequency, strips the carrier away and you get your radio signal underneath.

If you plug straight audio into the antenna port, it won't work.

Get a removable head unit then take it out of your car maybe? Or one of those stupid FM transmitters for the car work well...

Or you could park your car in a neighbourhood which isn't usually on fire.
>>
File: Auxjack.jpg (79 KB, 1000x578) Image search: [Google]
Auxjack.jpg
79 KB, 1000x578
They do make kits to achieve what you are looking to do. Pretty cheap too.
>>
>>52037411

You would need a RF modulator. I don't think there is anything for that.

I bet it's simpler to find a random device which streams on a short range FM frequency which your car radio can pick up and which is detachable and cannot be stolen by niggers.
>>
>>52037494
>$80
>cheap

>>52037450
I don't, the niggers come here because they know there's shit to steal.

>>52037479
Single din only.

>>52037460
>>52037489
>>52037507

Fuck. Are the FM broadcasters any good?
>>
>>52037537
They actually work acceptably, considering you're in a car not some sort of audiolab. If you just want to listen to tunes on the way to work and don't care too much about having a 'balanced sound with black background and coloured mids' then you'll be fine.
>>
>>52037581
As long as it's not super staticky I can deal.
>>
You could modify the mounts and put quick disconnects in the wiring and just take your head unit inside every night. (won't stop them from breaking your windows though)
>>
You could leave the stock head unit in the dash but extend the speaker wires to a chinese audio amp unit under one of the seats.
>>
>>52037411

>head units

what is a head unit?
Also what is your problem? Your car doesn't support mp3? Does it support a CD changer? You can have small AND DETACHABLE USB\AUX to CD changer connector, like those made by "Yatour".
>>
>>52037734
>what is a head unit?
What most people call the "stereo" in a car. My stock one is ancient and doesn't even have a cassette deck.
>>
>>52037411
Just open up the radio, cut the traces from the tuners audio output, and add your aux there. Simple.
>>
Just rip out the stereo channel connectors and hook them up to an aux port. Taking in mind ground and other things.
>>
Where would those be? Antenna plugs into the to right corner.
>>
>>52037411
>buy a convertor that does that
or simpler
>buy a [insert medium here] to FM frequency converter which is like $5
>>
File: fmcarconv.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fmcarconv.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>52038697
>>52037411
>>
>>52038606
From the plug, not the unit. Additionally, you'd probably want to get an adapter cable/plug thing and fray the wires on that so you don't have to fuck with the original manufacturing.
>>
>>52038728
I had this. It's not nice.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.