[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: P_20151224_152211.jpg (4 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20151224_152211.jpg
4 MB, 4096x2304
My PC has been completely unusable lately. This started a couple of weeks after i installed windows 10. Games like Dota 2, Dishonored or Deus Ex 3 would run flawlessly on my Intel Pentium g3258 (not overclocked) and gtx 750 Ti, but now every program i (try to) use stutters so much that i cant use it properly. Even the start button can take 5 seconds to open. Could this something to do with the fact that my HDD is constantly at 90 - 100% usage and makes extremely loud noises for no reason? Pls help /g/
>>
You got a virus. You should be getting a call from a nice Indian gentleman shortly who'll fix everything
>>
>>52031400
>Deus Ex 3
That exists?
>>
>>52031417
Nice meme. Already scanned for viruses and malware.
>>
>>52031425
Human Revolution. Didnt write because im on my plebphone.
>>
Multiple possibilities.

Virys/malware.
Rootkit
Windows os issues
Or
Hard drive failure imminent.
>>
>>52031444
If the issue was not resolved, then you did not get it. It is most likely a virus.

Flatten and rebuild, and add an antivirus before doing anything else.
>>
Someone's remotely mining bitcoins on your right m8
>>
>>52031444
It's on your hard drive you dumb kraut
>>
OP here, tried to shut down my PC, now i have a black background with my coursor visible and movable and HDD is still going wild after 2 minutes.
>>
>>52031511
TURN OFF the PC. It won't magically heal itself. Unplug the thing or flip the power supply switch.

Boot a live USB/CD/DVD. Wipe the disk, repartition, reformat, reinstall.
>>
OP here, I solved the issue. Please close this thread
>>
>>52033544
Fuck off, before we close it tell us how you fixed it you little shit.
>>
>>52033544
>Close this thread
Go the fuck back to the normie shit you come from
>>
>>52031400
Superfetch/bad sectors/huge pagefile?
>>
>>52031400
Loud noises from hdd almost certainly mean it's about to die. Back up important shit offsite and get a new drive!
>>
>>52033639
>>52033666
Sent you the fix in a PM!
:^)
>>
>>52033544
I'm OP here faggot.
>>
>>52035009
OP here, enough joking around just lock this thread and move it to the solved section, thanks.
I thanked all the posts that helped me. Happy holidays
>>
>>52031400
boot into safe mode or better of a live Linux USB or CD. See if issue persists.
>>
>>52035307
It's fixed but thanks!
>>
it was the search indexer going HAM, right?
>>
Fake OPs everywhere.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.