[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone care to share their experience with air purifiers? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: HFD-120-Q-2.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HFD-120-Q-2.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
Anyone care to share their experience with air purifiers? I don't have respiratory problems, but I'm just tired of dusting out my entire room every 1-2 weeks. Dust accumulates quick since I'm practically in my room all the time.

I have a bookshelf with a ton of crap, and I am fucking tired of the dust, never mind all the shit accumulating in my keyboard and on my screen.
>>
>>52025633
this seems interesting.
>>
i want to hear more about this too. I've done research on the past but did not get very far.
>>
Make sure it has a fiter and non of that ionizing bs that's the devils work
>>
Bumping as I live in sand nigger desert.
>>
>>52025633
Interedasting.

Bumping.
>>
>>52025899
Ionizing works but it charges the dust and makes it fall to the ground so you still have to vacume.
>>
>>52025633
I have a massive one attached to my HVAC system.

Have to buy new HEPA filters once every six months and clean out the electric portion every three. Totally worth it. I have some respiratory problems and am allergic to damn near everything so this thing is a god sent.

We also have this UV fucker that kills mold spores/airborne bacteria and viruses.
>>
why does every Honeywell air purifier with permanent filters have an ionizer you cannot utrn off
>>
>>52025633
You know what helps a lot?
Leave your room more often.
>>
>>52026639
Good one anon
>>
>>52026639

Jokes on you I have nowhere to go
>>
>>52025633

Years ago I had a Honeywell. One of the fat, round ones. Maybe two feet tall and two feet in diameter. It had a timer you could set.

I had that thing run for about an hour per day in the afternoon while I was gone. My apartment never smelled better, or had fewer allergens.
>>
Breddy inderesding
Bumbing for inderezdt
>>
>>52026069
What's the UV thing called?
>>
>>52027505
>run for about an hour per day

So it did literally nothing?

>>52026019
>Ionizing works but it charges the dust and makes it fall to the ground

It will be more attracted to any surface. Not just the ground.

>>52025633
>I'm just tired of dusting out my entire room every 1-2 weeks.

To have a noticeable impact on dust you'd need to run a large, noisy purifier throughout most of the day. Especially if you leave the windows open, or live near busy streets, or a construction site. Or any other sources of dust.
>>
>>52025633
go to goodwill and see if they have any hepa type ones. i saw one there a few days ago for $10 which is a great deal.

otherwise you might want research it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.