[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I believe I have the only copy of this movie on this side of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ajin-part-1-shoudou[1].jpg (87 KB, 680x357) Image search: [Google]
ajin-part-1-shoudou[1].jpg
87 KB, 680x357
I believe I have the only copy of this movie on this side of the planet.
Having said that, while I am not completely adverse to simply uploading the 32GB raw video/audio streams, I do think that it is unreasonable to upload such a high bitrate encode on my connection.

So I have to ask, what aspects of encoding do I need to read about before I can know that I am making an educated decision on how to encode a reasonably sized release, using modern technologies and techniques?

This isn't just for the sake of this movie. I know you encoder weebs out there are probably just going to tell me to CRF 16-22 that shit and be done with it, but since I have the source I might as well do it right.
>>
>>52022441
Some private tracker FAQ about quality and encoding suggestions might help here. FFmpeg is your friend.
>>
>>52022441
Is it on VHS or something? You're not going to get anything better than the MPEG2/4 encode on DVD / Blu-ray.
>>
>>52022583
I don't have access to private trackers so that sucks, but I hope there's a more scientific guide on how to use FFmpeg than the common "man plugs flags into program and it spits out a steaming log"

I am almost done with my CS degree so I think I can handle it if it's just whitepapers on how encoding works.
>>
>>52022682
I'm aware that you can't create data from nothing--and it is a bluray--but the point is to learn how to make a pristine encode that retains quality while losing size.
>>
>>52022441
It looks like a shitty face-rigged anime. Throw up a rip on Mega for us.
>>
>>52022719
You could try to further compress any lossless audio streams with flac. Afterwards attempt compressing the entire thing with rar or 7zip.
>>
>>52022979
Yea I would leave the video and compress the audio. Hopefully get it to around 20GB ish.
>>
>>52022979
Sounds like a plan. It has Dolby TrueHD 5.1, and Stereo PCM.
>>
>>52023036
That's really all you can do. I can tell you from past experience, you might shave a gig or two using 7zip. The biggest impact will be further losslessly compressing audio streams.
>>
>>52023036
25GB and below is probably the upper limit for movie BDs so it should be good.
>>
>there's a 5.1 channel AAC stream
gonna toss this
Why would they even put this in when they already have the lossless audio stream?
>>
I used a document scanner for the cover art. There are mysterious colored lines spread throughout that don't show up when I hold the paper to the light.
Obviously not going to upload this.
>>
bad news: the video stream is 28.5GB
>>
flac level 8 also only compressed the original audio stream by 60 megabytes.
>>
>>52022441
I believe using x265 for encoding is the best decision this time.
Since its raw is from the bluray, I believe it's 1080p.
there's a documentation for x265
http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/default/

If you want to use GUI, I suggest to use Hybrid ( www.selur.de )
>>
>>52022441
>Always. ALWAYS do a couple of 5 and 10 second encodes of random parts of the video at the settings you decide you want to go with.
You never know if your settings are going to go full retard in a bright scene or start to dither in dark scenes, and encoding a whole movie to test your settings is not very smart.

If you go with something like x265 the encode could take longer than the movie takes to play if you have old hardware like I do. If you have a RPI2 / odroid / tablet or smartphone capable of running ffmpeg laying around like a great deal of /g/ does then perfecting your settings on a fast machine and then letting it do the actual encoding overnight isn't a bad idea. If you have good hardware and this isn't an issue, don't bother.

FLAC is placebo for movies. Just go with OPUS or AAC. At their maximum bitrates, it'll be leagues smaller than FLAC and nobody is going to be able to tell the difference. Try it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.