[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4 public release channels (nightly, developer, beta, "stable")
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: firefox.png (46 KB, 647x327) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
46 KB, 647x327
>4 public release channels (nightly, developer, beta, "stable")
>3 botnet monitoring tools ("health report", telemetry, crash reporter)
>needs to push on 2 fucking emergency updates on the same week because they can't get it right anymore
>>
>caring about post-3.6 firefox
just give up
>>
>>52015669
oh no heaven forbid they fix security issues
>>
I guess we should all just use OP's browser that ignores security advisories because they occur a week after release and that's "uncool"
>>
Demand your money back!
>>
>>52015669
what's wrong with having 4 release channels? makes sense

FHR is anonymous and doesn't contain any personal information, the other two are opt-in

that's a good thing
>>
>>52015669
Milenials sure hate every fucking thing.
>>
>>52015724
The wrong thing is that they are completely useless if you need to constantly update the main channel even after all supposed testing that happens before it.
>>
>>52015684
>can't read
>>52015690
>"make your own browser :^)"
>>52015702
>"it's free so it's okay for it to be shit"
>>52015724
>can't read
>>52015726
>can't spell
>>
>>52015746
Bug fixes vs. feature releases
>>
>>52015726

millennials should be forced to use IE 6 until morale improves
>>
you forgot esr
>>
Is Komodo IceDragon still a thing?
I remember it being pretty good as a viable alternative.
>>
>>52015726
>implying you're not a Millennial
>>
>>52015752
>>>52015684 (You)
>>can't read

?? https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/43.0.2/releasenotes/
>>
ESR versions 38.5.1 and 38.5.2 can be skipped for non-Winblows users anyway
>>
>>52015669

>not using pale moon already.

hahah you faggot.
>>
>>52015669
>>4 public release channels (nightly, developer, beta, "stable")
Beta and release are the only ones intended for the general public, the other two channels are for developers and do not use Mozilla's brands. Nightly has its own subdomain separate from the others to keep people away from it.
>>
>uses Windows
>complains about botnet

Just give up.
>>
>>52015849
I just hope the project doesn't implode when the main dev decides it's not worth the time/nerves etc.

Right now I'm really satisfied with it.
>>
>>52015893

yea its good and stable.
>>
>>52015921
It's also still firefox.

I don't get why mozilla tries so desperate to beat chrome at their game, they will always be inferior to chrome when it comes to being chrome.
>>
>>52015752
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52015951
you got a problem with that faggot? :^)
>>
>>52015944

*BZZZZZZZ*

wrong, try again.
>>
>>52015669
>needs to push on 2 fucking emergency updates on the same week because they can't get it right anymore

>implying you're a better programmer than mozilla devs

since you're such a badass poweruser/programmer why don't you put your money where your mouth is and contribute faggot, it ain't gonna perfectly code itself.
>>
remember firefox 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0?

back then it wasn't a bloated mess infested with botnet monitoring tools and SJW employees
>>
>>52015968
Please elaborate.
>>
>>52015989

its s fork that has been custom rebuilt. go read the about page and learn a thing or too.
>>
>>52016015
You've just got me wrong.
What I meant is that pm feels like firefox (when it was good, or at least what I personally prefer in it), not that it's the same thing just rebranded.
>>
>>52016049

oh lol
>>
so which is better, seamonkey or pale moon?
>>
>>52015979
Back in 1.0-2.0 there was definitely a crash reporter tool. Oddly enough back then the crash reporter was closed source. It was called talkback, 3.0 brought breakpad.

Back in those early versions there wasn't as much dependence on graphics cards. Most websites were pretty static and if they weren't they used less javascript and media was handled largely by something else like flash.

The telemetry and health report tools were added because people complained that firefox was getting slow, bloated, or crashing a lot. Health reporter records startup time and the number of crashes and if it's bad enough it will prompt you to refresh firefox. Telemetry keeps a record of your hardware configuration so if there's a crash related to it you can send your information to Mozilla to help diagnose the problem or as a secondary effect Mozilla can send a notice to firefox to stop it from using the problematic hardware.
>>
>>52016096
Also note that both telemetry and health reporter are set to not send anything to Mozilla by default. The crash reporter is enabled but it always prompts you before it sends anything off.
>>
>>52016084

I would say pale moon.

you can import your firefox profile (everything, including customization, active logins, saved passwords, etc.) right to pm and everything will work just as expected.
>>
>>52015958
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52015669
I wish chrome wasn't a complete botnet...
>>
>>52016131
do noscript and adblock plus work in palemoon?
>>
>>52016571
>do deprecated addons work on a deprecated fork
I'm sure.
>>
>>52016571
maybe
>>
>>52016724
How are noscript and palemoon deprecated?
I know adblock is no more, but what's wrong with the other two?
>>
>>52019135
uHide alone can do what NoScript does, and it does it better.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.