[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do xbox 360 emulators exist yet? or just plain xbox emulators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
do xbox 360 emulators exist yet?

or just plain xbox emulators for that matter
>>
no
no
>>
>>52015423
yes
>>
No and pretty much no. Xbox emulator kinda works only with Halo or something. There is a progress on PS3 emulator though.
>>
yes and yes, xenia and xqemu respectively.
>>
Yes, Xenia is an Xbox 360 emulator.
Several XBLA title runs perfect at full speed, disc games tend to have graphical issues.
>>
>>52015480
wuh? why?
>>
>>52015493
safe to say that it isnt worth it?
>>
>>52015517
Definitely not yet. But it's getting there.
>>
>>52015517
Not unless you want to play the 360 port of Banjo Kazooie for some reason.
Scott Pilgrim also works, so if you wanted to play that I guess you could try it.
I haven't bothered yet.

It does seem to be closer to running retail games in a playable state than rpsc3 or whatever it's called.
>>
>>52015423
yes brooo im topping the high score on halo with my pc masterrace gaming rig emulators are shit the man its like you own everything you know they call me xXsniped_u_manXx add me (no kik)
>>
>>52015646
can you dont
>>
No, getting gpu acceleration to work is too difficult
>>
>>52015423
Yes. Buy an Xbox One faggot.
>>
>>52015423

Just buy a 360. I got one second-hand off eBay for £65, and that was the newest model in good condition, because I wanted to avoid RRoDs and I wanted to play it a lot. You can easily pick one up for £40 or less.

Pre-owned games will cost you like £1 - £10 depending on the game and how new it is. Most games are at the lower end of that scale. I picked up Halo 4 for only £4 and Assassin's Creed for £1. Not bad.
>>
Still got my hard modded original xbox so fuck you emu fag
>>
>>52015423
If you want to play 360 Just buy one for 80 buckaroos fag, or an original for like 30 at salvation army.
>>
There were a handful of original Xbox emulators being worked on years ago but everyone lost interest. Development stalled on all of them, though one of them is complete enough to boot a dozen games, and can play some levels in HALO.
There are two 360 emulators being worked on that I know of, give it another year or two and they'll be stable enough for commercial games.
Also a budding PS3 emulator coming out, Wii U too.

EmuCR is the best place to stay up to date on whats what in emulation.
>>
>>52015423
It certainly does this holiday you can buy a Xbox one that can emulate 360 titles for only 299$
>>
>>52016584
>Also a budding PS3 emulator coming out
I really hope this is true, there's only one game I want to play on PS3.
>>
>>52017212
This.

Microsoft made a 360 emulator.
>>
>>52017228
And it's called gay cocksucking simulator because I'm a giant faggot
>>
>>52017243
Not him but I actually only want to play one PS3 game too and it's Catherine, which is a weeb game, so it could fit your definition. My point is I am also interested in a PS3 emulator.
>>
>>52017228
It is.
The project started out life as a software emulator of the Cell BE itself and its SPUs. It eventually got to the point of running proof demos, displaying basic shapes and whatnot using the SPUs, then it started running some homebrew. Apparently now it can actually boot and run some games mostly free from graphical glitches. Its called RPCS3:

http://www.emucr.com/2015/12/rpcs3-git-20151222.html
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.