[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best android browser, family? Is the adblock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: browser_showdown_lead2.jpg (71 KB, 675x300) Image search: [Google]
browser_showdown_lead2.jpg
71 KB, 675x300
What's the best android browser, family? Is the adblock browser any good? I don't browse that much using my phone, but...
>>
I use Firefox and have no complains. The mobile version supports uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and Self-Destructing Cookies. It doesn't crash and it isn't slow.

I haven't tested many other Android browsers but I see no reason to, really. Firefox right now satisfies most of my needs.
>>
>>52015026

So firefox has extension store for its mobile browser? I use chrome and only thing that bugs me is no extensions. Not op btw.
>>
>>52014976
Opera then FF

hands down
>>
>>52015239
it does but only security extensions, dolphin has more but it's nothing special
>>
Lightning > *
>>
>>52014976
Opera is. It's basically Chrome, but faster, with better tabs and better web player.

Remember, Naked Browser and Lightning are not browsers, but skins for Android WebView.
>>
>>52015290
this is the anon with the best sense here
>>
>>52014976
Shit, Botnet, Botnet, former god of mobile browser... recently shitty botnet
>>
>>52015290
>Opera is
But does it block ads?
>>
>>52015363
>he doesn't already have adblocker

we should have a sticky that says no plebs allowed
>>
File: 1437585722320.jpg (95 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1437585722320.jpg
95 KB, 724x720
>>52015359
how often do you go outside?
>>
>>52014976
firefox
why? sync is why
>>
>>52015455
opera and dolpin has it too, what makes it on FF so special
>>
>>52015403
>adblocker
But I only use my phone to message my gf and watch shit on YT - why would I need a global blocker?
>>
Lighting

>B-but it isnt a real browser!
Its the fastest browser on android, it block ads and protects my freedoms
>>
>>52015476
how are you gonna sync desktop firefox with mobile opera?
>>
anyone else having issues with firefox since about a week or two ago? shit frequently locks up on me for a few seconds now.
>>
>>52015026
>not blocking ads system wide
Fuckin pleb
>>
>>52015363
Use AdAway to block ads globally. Your requirement of adblocking in browser narrows your choice down to just Firefox and it isn't good.
>>
>>52015416
twice in week
>>
So I started up Firefox mobile once again trying to get used to it and went on /g/

>scrolling is choppy as fuck
>wrong links get pressed all the time
>scrolling reveals that the page is kept as a blurry screenshot while it's not visible
>font rendering is somehow worse
>text input lags behind so badly I have to take small breaks from typing to see what's happening
>10% battery used in 30 minutes

When will we just abandon http
>>
best android browser is obviously firefox, it does not lag, supports extensions, and just werks.
plus it has about:config so i can disable useless shit.
>>
lightning browser.

all others is bloat.
>>
>>52015688
This

also

>loooong web page loading times
>...but, but you can use ublock
>now it takes even longer to load the page

Just use Opera/Chrome/Lighting/Naked and AdAway and you are good to go.
>>
>>52015550
FF is your problem

it's a shit browser m8.

if you're onn windows Opera 30+ and Chrome is better than that shit
>>
>>52015954
>>52015688
feckin this m8, Mozilla has so many programs with potential but idk what the fuck their devs are doing most of the day beside twiddle their knobs
>>
>>52015516
This
>>
>>52016012
Yeah, on paper (feature and idea wise), Firefox is the best browser. But implementation of the features is just poor.
>>
>>52015290
> skins for Android WebView
That's what you say when you don't have a clue about developing browsers.
>>
>>52014976
Y A N D E X
>>
>>52014976
CM stock is good

Firefox is a bit heavy for my taste

Opera is super fast, a good idea if you don't mind a few compatibility issues

Dolphin is botnet

Stay away from chrome, it's too heavy and tab management is stupid in the latest versions. Also botnet
>>
File: lightning.png (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lightning.png
28 KB, 300x300
>>52014976
Dolphin is botnet

I use Lightning
>>
File: Chrome_RAM_HD_Render.png (162 KB, 1920x697) Image search: [Google]
Chrome_RAM_HD_Render.png
162 KB, 1920x697
Seriously though, Chrome is still the best browser out there even for mobile devices. The problem is you need to have plenty of RAM for it to work optimally. 2GB of RAM minimum.

As for anyone with less than 2GB of RAM, Opera Mini or APUS would be a better choice.

I have a 1GB RAM android phone and Chrome constantly has to reload shit because it always runs out of RAM.
>>
File: sword_1x.png (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
sword_1x.png
26 KB, 400x300
ChromeDev >>>>>>> Chrome >> everything else
>>
Dolphin
>>
chrome or chrome dev, I can't tell which one is better to be honest.
>>
Opra, i installed chrome once to test it, could not remove that shit so I flashed a new rom
>>
Naked
Browser
PRO
>>
Lightning is the only browser that doesn't fuck my old android devices. I would love a setting which enabled incognito mode by default, because opening an incognito tab each time I launch the browser is a bit inconvenient when I want to hide my power level.

Remarkable how a fucking kid is more competent at this than seasoned "professionals".
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.