[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are surfaces so expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Why the fuck are surfaces so expensive?
>>
Jews
>>
Being poor doesn't mean surfaces are expensive anon
>>
>>52004410
Surface 3 is fairly reasonable
>>
Because they're not arm tablets. x86 is serious business.
>>
>>52004410
The prices defeat the poorfag meme
>>
>>52004410
because they're proof of concept devices that got pretty popular.
they prices so high to stop OEM from bitching, it also gives a lot of money to MS. Right now MS is basically making a price cap on conventional laptops with Surface book and and tablets with Surface Pro. OEM should do really well or use word gaymen to price their product higher, which is good.
>>
MS is positing them as upper tier machines. They're leaving the zero margin, Best Buy weekly special, commodity market to others.
>>
>>52004410
Facebook is serious business.

Also, hordes of contrarian reverse-mactards like >>52004510 and >>52005869
>>
It's only expensive for poor people.
>>
I don't know much anout portable stuff, are they really that much more expensive than normal Ultrabooks?
>>
>>52004510
they are tho its like $500 more for 8Gbs of ram
>>
>>52006347
Yes. You'll understand exactly how much more expensive they are when you get a degree in electronic engineering.
>>
File: surface.jpg (3 MB, 3617x1980) Image search: [Google]
surface.jpg
3 MB, 3617x1980
Just get this one for free.
>>
I don't think people really realize the amazing feat of engineering that goes backstage of electronic products
thing is small, thing is powerful, advertising, research, prototypes
You must pay all that
>>
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1179696-REG/sony_dpts1_digital_paper_system.html

Feels cheap when you compare it to this.
>>
>>52006462
couldn't I just compare prices to see that?
>>
>>52006492
Its literally double - triple the cost of an ipad and everyone already complains that ipads are overpriced
>>
>>52006513

because ipads are useless, as is the ipad pro
>>
Are there any anons who use them for work? It looks liike it would be a dream to use for all kinds of CAD and production editing.
>>
>>52006513
Once again, you don't realize the amount of engineering that goes into making an x86 based computer to be this small. Ipads are cheaper to build because they are not x86 computers.
>>
>>52006513
>ipad
how in hell is the iPad even compareable?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.